Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Order bank open date 2025 CT5V BW?

I put a deposit down and submitted my specs to my salesperson. Hoping for the best and crossing my fingers.
Welcome to the waiting club.
Line Waiting GIF

I am being ghosted left and right by every Caddy dealer in my area.

Even one who same day got me the 2025 5BW order guide and then went silent on me a day later when I gave him my spec.

The only dealer who hasn’t ghosted me wants to charge $15k above MSRP for a Carbon2 car.

Is expecting MSRP in this buying environment asking too much?

This is my first experience trying to buy a Cadillac, after decades of buying their competitor brands, and I’m not impressed.

Any eastern PA dealers out there who want to make a sale on a highly optioned 2025 5BW, without an absurd market adjustment, DM me. Ready to buy.

Did you call Dustin aka The Blackwing King yet? Just search his name on the forum, you should find his contact information pretty quickly. Good luck!

Ok, after some discussion in another thread and learning that the V8V Precision Package will have an MSRP of $18k (!!!!), I'm scratching that off my list. That should open up my opportunities of a faster allocation, since that option is currently constrained.

Critique my build, please, I am new to the Cadillac game:

Carbon Fiber 2
Sunroof
Carbon Ceramic Brakes (red calipers)
Drift Metallic
Black interior

I was thinking of doing the Perf Data Recorder when the Precision Package was in the build, just to complete the "track oriented" theme, but I am thinking of dropping that now.

Parking package: I need more clarity on what this includes. I am not a fan of the display rearview mirror (it bugs my eyes out), but I *think* it includes top-down surroundings rendering on the center display when parking, so you have a real-time image of what is around you. I love that feature in the current cars I have and miss it when driving cars that don't have it.

And carbon seat back delete: why not? Save almost $3k on something that I'll never see or appreciate as the driver?

Ok, after some discussion in another thread and learning that the V8V Precision Package will have an MSRP of $18k (!!!!), I'm scratching that off my list. That should open up my opportunities of a faster allocation, since that option is currently constrained.

Carbon Fiber 2
Sunroof
Drift Metallic
Black interior

I was thinking of doing the Perf Data Recorder when the Precision Package was in the build, just to complete the "track oriented" theme, but I am thinking of dropping that now.

Parking package: I need more clarity on what this includes. I am not a fan of the display rearview mirror (it bugs my eyes out), but I *think* it includes top-down surroundings rendering on the center display when parking, so you have a real-time image of what is around you. I love that feature in the current cars I have and miss it when driving cars that don't have it.

And carbon seat back delete: why not? Save almost $3k on something that I'll never see or appreciate as the driver?
You cannot order carbon pack two without carbon pack 1. The carbon back seats are quite beautiful. I had the camera mirror situation on mine and I never used it. If you aren't going to track the car and you weren't worried about resale value, then skip the track options. Sunroof is nice but it does reduce headroom a little bit and provide more opportunities for things to leak and/or break.

I spoke with my dealer that I have been talking with yesterday and the lady I talked to said that I can go through all of the options with her over the phone and get an order in, but they have to wait for an allocation before they can put it through. I was supposed to be number one on their list as of 6 or 8 months ago, but she said they took an order from another guy a few days ago and he is ahead of me. I told her that was a bit frustrating, but she said not to worry since they usually get a lot of allocations all at once. No pricing data available and she believes people won't see cars until spring of next year from her experience. That would be fine by me because I don't drive these cars in the winter anyway.

Yes - they use GM Workbench to build and submit the order. You can view all options that you can select here: Vehicle Order Guide

When you go to the dealer, provide the RPO codes which they can then select with GM Workbench and order it as a "Retail Sold" order that's specifically meant for you as a buyer.

Personally, I'd find another dealer. Before engaging with them, verify that they have open allocations for non-BW that they can submit the order against.
Appreciate everyone's help...
The good news is I was able to provide the RPO codes and the dealer submitted an order. They have allocations, so that is not an issue
The bad news the GM at the dealership said that the Non BW CT5-V models will not ship until December. Cadillac is holding off until both the BW and the Vs are ready (?). No known production issues, just a desire to release them all at the same time.
So - no car until December...ugh!

You cannot order carbon pack two without carbon pack 1. The carbon back seats are quite beautiful. I had the camera mirror situation on mine and I never used it. If you aren't going to track the car and you weren't worried about resale value, then skip the track options. Sunroof is nice but it does reduce headroom a little bit and provide more opportunities for things to leak and/or break.
Yep, I'm aware of the Carbon1/2 combo requirement.

Does parking package upgrade the center display with real time camera views? That's all I want.

I've driven a 2024 5BW with sunroof and I'm good there with headroom.

I am interested in resale value. But $18k for the Precision Package makes me think very, very few cars will be equipped with that option, making it more the exception than the rule when it comes to resale. Does not having the Video recorder hurt resale? Is that something Caddy BW owners expect to have?

Does parking package upgrade the center display with real time camera views? That's all I want.

I am interested in resale value. But $18k for the Precision Package makes me think very, very few cars will be equipped with that option, making it more the exception than the rule when it comes to resale. Does not having the Video recorder hurt resale? Is that something Caddy BW owners expect to have?
Only for people that are worried about resale for the next person 😄

IIRC, you're talking about the HD Surround System, which is standard. Also includes a camera recorder in the trunk using a SD card and the cars mirrors. That kinda makes the PDR unnecessary, but it is a cool feature with the telematics.

Carbon Fiber 2
Sunroof
Drift Metallic
Black interior

Not a big deal relative to the rest of your build but ..... There's a thread about whether to get the sunroof or not. I'm in the "no sunroof" camp.

If you ever plan to track the car, get the PDR. It is far more than just a video with overlay as you can load up the files in pro level Cosworth software and analyze all kinds of data. The 2025 also has a much improved in car data analysis interface that works with that huge screen.

I’m also in the no sunroof camp due to weight up high and loss of headroom.

If I were to buy again, I’d skip the CF2. It’s not adding anything functional and is really expensive for what is primarily an exposed CF rear valence and side skirts. Definitely get CF1.

Appreciate everyone's help...
The good news is I was able to provide the RPO codes and the dealer submitted an order. They have allocations, so that is not an issue
The bad news the GM at the dealership said that the Non BW CT5-V models will not ship until December. Cadillac is holding off until both the BW and the Vs are ready (?). No known production issues, just a desire to release them all at the same time.
So - no car until December...ugh!
Make sure you get the order number so you can check the order status - once you hit 3400, you are golden

Carbon Fiber 2
Sunroof
Drift Metallic
Black interior

Can you tell me where the $18K is listed for the V8V?

Last edited:
Not a big deal relative to the rest of your build but ..... There's a thread about whether to get the sunroof or not. I'm in the "no sunroof" camp.

All my vehicles have sunroofs, including my F450 pickup, and I use them all the time, love the open air.

Only time I didn't spec one was when buying BMW M cars due to the silly carbon fiber roof expectation people have for resale value.

I keep my cars (and truck) garaged so debris in the drain tubes isn't an issue (or at least hasn't been for decades).

The lines of this car aren't pure form over function, so it's not bothering me aesthetically.

Driving a 2024 with the sunroof gave me ample headroom, High Performance seats, and I am 6'5".

So sunroof stays on my list, lol.

My experience with reselling high dollar cars is that more options makes it easier to sell, but you never get your money back on those.

If you plan to trade it in or wholesale it to a dealer, then you get even less for the options.

I mention that because it's increasingly more difficult (for me anyway) to sell expensive cars private party. People, for some reason, are more willing to pay full retail if its from a dealer than from a real person. And then there's the whole financing issue, trade-in issues and of course, criminals/joy-riders and jerks.

So, if you want to maximize your return, buy a car with a manual transmission and no options at all, in black with chrome wheels.

However, I'm in the camp that you don't buy it for the next guy, you buy it for what you want, and you enjoy it while you have it.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom