Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Has your engine blown up yet?

CT5-V Model

Has your engine blown up yet?

• Total voters
I know something that would light a fire on Blackwing sales. Strap in the LT6 with a six-speed manual. I'd run over grandma's crossing the street to get to the dealer first to order that thing. Would keep my '22 though. :D :D :D

Be sure to add the wagon rear for me please.
That would be a great pairing. In the back of my mind has been the LT6 in the BW as the farewell model.

An LT6 would be horrible in a 5BW. No power below 4500 RPMs and I can’t imagine rolling around with the revs 5000s+ all the time in a family sedan. It would ruin the character of the car.

Now an LT5 with a manual and a wagon would be awesome.

An LT6 would be horrible in a 5BW. No power below 4500 RPMs and I can’t imagine rolling around with the revs 5000s+ all the time in a family sedan. It would ruin the character of the car.

Now an LT5 with a manual and a wagon would be awesome.
LT7 for the 5BW, LT6 for the 4BW.

Would go down in history as most epic of all time.

Haven't blown up yet but is at the dealer right now with a P0301 code, cylinder 1 misfire. We'll see this turns out...

I know something that would light a fire on Blackwing sales. Strap in the LT6 with a six-speed manual. I'd run over grandma's crossing the street to get to the dealer first to order that thing. Would keep my '22 though. :D :D :D
You may be very disappointed with the LT6 in the 5BW versus the LT4. I spend a fair amount of time on the Corvette Forum since I own a C8 Stingray in addition to my 5BW.

A member just traded in his C8 Z06 for a C8 Stingray. The reason was that he had to drive high into the rev range to enjoy the performance of the Z06 and this resulted in excessive speeds on the street. The owner wasn't willing to spend jail time to enjoy the performance of the car.

Now we can argue that rationale all day long, but as a street car, a high-revving engine might not be ideal. On a race track, it's an advantage no question. I think people forget the C8 Z06 is the track-focused version of the C8.

The beauty of the LT4 is all that torque comes in between 3500 and 4000 rpm. 659 lb-ft at 3600 rpm versus 460 at 6300 rpm is going to be noticeable when getting groceries.

Haven't blown up yet but is at the dealer right now with a P0301 code, cylinder 1 misfire. We'll see this turns out...
Fingers crossed it's a spark plug or coil pack issue. Philsblackraven, MY2022, unfortunately seemed to have a spark plug issue that got a whole lot worse: "They pulled the codes from the car and saw that a cylinder was misfiring because of a bad spark plug. After further investigation, the failed spark plug had caused damage inside the engine, and the motor needed to be replaced."

Seems like 3 failure modes are coming up that most likely have nothing to do with one another?
  1. spark plugs
  2. lifters
  3. bottom end failure
It's worth noting that 4 out of the 10 reported here are the totally catastrophic bottom-end variety and 3 out of the 10 with the mildly catastrophic lifter variety

Last edited:
You may be very disappointed with the LT6 in the 5BW versus the LT4. I spend a fair amount of time on the Corvette Forum since I own a C8 Stingray in addition to my 5BW.

A member just traded in his C8 Z06 for a C8 Stingray. The reason was that he had to drive high into the rev range to enjoy the performance of the Z06 and this resulted in excessive speeds on the street. The owner wasn't willing to spend jail time to enjoy the performance of the car.

Now we can argue that rationale all day long, but as a street car, a high-revving engine might not be ideal. On a race track, it's an advantage no question. I think people forget the C8 Z06 is the track-focused version of the C8.

The beauty of the LT4 is all that torque comes in between 3500 and 4000 rpm. 659 lb-ft at 3600 rpm versus 460 at 6300 rpm is going to be noticeable when getting groceries.

This is true, but you always need to know your powerband and how to extract it. I think the LT6 would add much more theater to the normal drive, even if you have to get the revs up. That would be the joy of the LT6, not that it's a better overall application to the LT4. I love the LT4 in my '22 5BW6M and that low/mid-range torque is awesome. But, I've also owned a GT3 and ripping engine to high redlines is it's own bit of fun for sure. I have a '24 C8 as well with the LT2 while I wait for a ZR1 allocation.

To that point, a detuned LT7 would be absolutely bonkers in a Blackwing. Cut the power down to 900 or so and put on a widebody kit to get 345's out back and let 'er rip. :D :D

Fingers crossed it's a spark plug or coil pack issue. Philsblackraven, MY2022, unfortunately seemed to have a spark plug issue that got a whole lot worse: "They pulled the codes from the car and saw that a cylinder was misfiring because of a bad spark plug. After further investigation, the failed spark plug had caused damage inside the engine, and the motor needed to be replaced."

Seems like 3 failure modes are coming up that most likely have nothing to do with one another?
  1. spark plugs
  2. lifters
  3. bottom end failure
It's worth noting that 4 out of the 10 reported here are the totally catastrophic bottom-end variety and 3 out of the 10 with the mildly catastrophic lifter variety
Dealer diagnosed it to an injector problem and they are replacing the injector.

Wondering if my searching out the cheapest gas is coming back around? :unsure:

Dealer diagnosed it to an injector problem and they are replacing the injector.

Wondering if my searching out the cheapest gas is coming back around? :unsure:
So now they are saying it was not an injector, it is a lifter. That does not sound good to me. Fingers crossed.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom