Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blown Motor

At least Toyota has stepped up and is taking care of it. GM and Ford deny it and look the other way.

Did you see this line in the Customer Satisfaction Program:

"What We Will Do: Your GM dealer will replace the engine. This service will be performed for you at no charge until May 31, 2026. After that, any applicable warranty will apply."

So, if it doesn't blow up in two years, you're on your own.....nice

At least Toyota has stepped up and is taking care of it. GM and Ford deny it and look the other way.

Did you see this line in the Customer Satisfaction Program:

"What We Will Do: Your GM dealer will replace the engine. This service will be performed for you at no charge until May 31, 2026. After that, any applicable warranty will apply."

So, if it doesn't blow up in two years, you're on your own.....nice
I'm planning/hoping to keep my car, the factory warranty for the powertrain is supposed to be 6 years and 70,000 miles. After that, I'll be going for an extended warranty when the time comes, and hoping I don't draw the short straw...

If I'm following correctly there are basically 3 failure modes/problems?

1) Lifter issue: design/engineering problem common to many GM V8 motors. Could happen at any time, usually results in pushrod damage but not a full engine replace, symptoms will start with loud ticking and knocking noises.

2) Bottom-end issue: rod bearings, main bearings, crankshaft. Assembly problem, likely to show up early in the engine's life. Engine would be a total loss and typically goes out immediately with no warning.

3) Oil pump issues: another issue common to recent LT4 motors like on the ZL1s. Will see oil pressure dropping

As far as I can tell these are the failures on this board?

AACaptRet, MY2022, ~5000 miles, bottom-end
Nadnerb, MY2023 ,~200 miles, bottom-end
Carguyshu, MY2022, ~3500 miles, bottom-end
CT4BW757, MY2023, ~10000 miles, tick (lifter?)
CT5BWEnthusiast, MY2023, ~21000 miles, tick (lifter?)
SS Performance, MY2024, ~5500 miles, ? bottom-end ?
Magnetic Flux, MY2024, ~6500 miles, lifters
Philsblackraven, MY2022, ~14500 miles, ?spark plugs?

Yeah my dad's got one of those Tundras.

The difference is that Toyota is recalling them and is going to replace 100k motors. GM has a bottom end problem on top of the known lifter issue, with the 6.2 with numerous main bearing and rod bearing issues but chooses to ignore the problem and refuse to issue any sort of recall.
The first thing GM did was ask them to pull the oil pan and check the main crankshaft after sending them a TSB about main bearing failures along with a video of that noise…

Luckily it sounded nothing like my motor, and they confirmed the lifter problem. Many lifter issues on the LT4 corvettes over the last 9 years, but nothing compared to the standard 6.2L motors.

And according to that TSB, it's only 2023's? I thought it was 2022-2024's. Some of those failures in the trucks have been at higher miles too, IIRC.

Saw yesterday on my news feed that there is now a class action suit being filed for owners of the defective 6.2L in trucks/pick ups going back to (IIRC) 2015 model year. Saw a very nicely priced preowned 2024 Denali near me with +-4000 miles. Looked at the Carfax....motor replaced. Guess 24's aren't immuned either.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom