Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Track rats rejoice!

I guess that goes a little way towards justifying the price tag. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I compared 4S vs cup 2 pricing on tirerack and the increase for 4 tires is only about $136.

Still gonna order V8V...

I compared 4S vs cup 2 pricing on tirerack and the increase for 4 tires is only about $136.

Still gonna order V8V...
That was for the Cup 2 "R"?

Oops! (Hard to find these on the tirerack site but the R version are) $324 more than the 4S (for a set of 4). And not available until December.

The Cup2R isn't available in our rear size. And TR doesn't have the TPC version of the PS4S (for pricing comparison). Keep in mind the initial orders of the Precision Package come with the standard tires. It says the Cup2R 'may be offered' at a later date.

Keep in mind the initial orders of the Precision Package come with the standard tires. It says the Cup2R 'may be offered' at a later date.
That's not how I read it...
V8V.png

That's not how I read it...
View attachment 27718

If you read the C&D, MT and other articles, they all say the PS4S are standard tire with the Cup2R available later. Since there isn't even a Cup2R in a 305/19, I would tend to agree.

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires remain standard, but track-oriented Cup 2R rubber is available, and the 285-section width is 10 millimeters wider than the stock PS4Ss.

That article mentions the rear end wallow that I would like to eliminate on my '24. Is there a list of the bushings that they took from the 1LE and installed on the '25 Precision Pack?

If you read the C&D, MT and other articles, they all say the PS4S are standard tire with the Cup2R available later. Since there isn't even a Cup2R in a 305/19, I would tend to agree.

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires remain standard, but track-oriented Cup 2R rubber is available, and the 285-section width is 10 millimeters wider than the stock PS4Ss.
So a two month old magazine article is more accurate than a Cadillac publication that came out a couple of days ago. Any theories why Cadillac might put incorrect information in the order guide?

And the 305/19 tires aren't available today which definitely means there's no way they could be available in early 2025... Got it.

Sounds like the availability of the Precision Package is going to be completely dependent on the availability of the MPSC2R tires as I suspect the suspension tuning is based on the car having sticky tires.

I am going to love hunting down 911s and Caymans at the PCA HPDE. :Steer

So a two month old magazine article is more accurate than a Cadillac publication that came out a couple of days ago. Any theories why Cadillac might put incorrect information in the order guide?

And the 305/19 tires aren't available today which definitely means there's no way they could be available in early 2025... Got it.
Those of us that have been around here for a while have become quite familiar with Cadillac putting options in the order guide that NO ONE could get...for YEARS.

I absolutely believe the Cup2R will become available in a 305/19 (it's a very popular size), but I think it will be very late into 2025 and possibly into 2026.

So let me stir the pot. If cup2's aren't available until say next year, could that put V8V on constraint until then? Will they build V8V without cup2's and give a "credit"? Does the $18K price include cup2's? So many questions that no one has answers to.

So let me stir the pot. If cup2's aren't available until say next year, could that put V8V on constraint until then? Will they build V8V without cup2's and give a "credit"? Does the $18K price include cup2's? So many questions that no one has answers to.
My guess is it would go on restraint like during Carbon Fiber debacle.

The whole suspension will be tuned for the tires. So they will hold V8V until the sticky stuff is available.

Which means I get to wait. ⌚

Just get the new knuckles, solid bushings and stuffer sway bars. You dont need to replace the whole car.

The whole suspension will be tuned for the tires. So they will hold V8V until the sticky stuff is available.

Which means I get to wait. ⌚
Seems kind of silly to use them. No one gets a CT5 BW primarily as a track car. They're not good street tires and they're basically just hero lap tires on the track. They can't go 3-4 laps on much lighter and less powerful GT3's before getting greasy. I doubt they'd do 2 on a BW.

I always thought my BW5 was getting delivered in an enclosed trailer pshhh.

What happens on these cars if the driver decides to use a different tire or even a snow tire?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom