Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Track rats rejoice!

I wonder whats going to happen the Spring Mountain. Will they get some precision package cars? Will they match people who got the package with those cars?

Not a problem, the implication of my statement is that these will sell well. My presumption is that anything sold as "track focused" will be bought by the back road hooligan crowd whether they need it or not

I wonder whats going to happen the Spring Mountain. Will they get some precision package cars? Will they match people who got the package with those cars?
Apparently that depends on Cadillac. From what I heard there, Cadillac owns the cars, which is why there aren't a ton like the Corvette school

I can see these being bought just because "If it's better for the track, i can scream on the twisties" and 90% of them never being tracked
We talking about parts still or Blackwings in general?

Thanks to Dustin, we now have V8V pricing: $18000 (which includes the J57 carbon ceramic brakes). I've seen some posts say "it's just bushings and calibration" which didn't match what I've read so I thought I'd dig in a bit.

The media release says:

Key Precision Package features include:
  • Increased spring rates, larger front stabilizer bar and revised suspension bushings
  • New front steering knuckles and rear suspension toe links which allow for more aggressive wheel alignment for track usage
  • Recalibrated subsystems: MagneRide dampers, steering, chassis controls and Electronic Limited Slip Differential (eLSD)
  • Carbon ceramic brake package
Given the MSRP of J57, the incremental cost of V8V is $9910. So if you wanted to retrofit a BW you'd need to buy:
  • Front and rear springs (4 x $60-$70)
  • Front steering knuckles (2 x $190)
  • Front stabilizer (anti-sway) bar ($120)
  • Suspension bushings:
    • Front lower control link (2 x $195)
    • Front stabilizer bar ($75)
    • Rear lower control arm (2 x $100)
    • Rear lower trailing link (2 x $45)
    • Rear upper trailing link (2 x $50)
  • Rear toe (aka adjust) links (2 x $1200)
Then figure out some way to get your modules flashed with the new calibration.

So the parts might only cost around $4K (MSRP) over the counter. (Someone will want to nit-pick my list but it's likely a fair estimate.) And the labor to completely disassemble and reassemble the entire suspension would not be trivial.

I won't argue that Cadillac is marking this option up a lot especially when you consider that only some of the new parts are significantly more costly than the standard ones (e.g. the billet toe links).

But all said I'm still planning on ordering it.

Thanks to Dustin, we now have V8V pricing: $18000 (which includes the J57 carbon ceramic brakes). I've seen some posts say "it's just bushings and calibration" which didn't match what I've read so I thought I'd dig in a bit.

The media release says:

• Increased spring rates, larger front stabilizer bar and revised suspension bushings
  • New front steering knuckles and rear suspension toe links which allow for more aggressive wheel alignment for track usage
  • Recalibrated subsystems: MagneRide dampers, steering, chassis controls and Electronic Limited Slip Differential (eLSD)
Given the MSRP of J57, the incremental cost of V8V is $9910. So if you wanted to retrofit a BW you'd need to buy:
  • Suspension bushings:

So the parts might only cost around $4K (MSRP) over the counter. (Someone will want to nit-pick my list but it's likely a fair estimate.) And the labor to completely disassemble and reassemble the entire suspension would not be trivial.

I won't argue that Cadillac is marking this option up a lot especially when you consider that only some of the new parts are significantly more costly than the standard ones (e.g. the billet toe links).

The bushing install, tho...some of those are quite the PITA to remove/replace.

Does anyone know if the weight is still 4150lb or near about?
I saw 4300lb somewhere.
The news.cadillac.com announcement lists the manual as 4302 and the automatic as 4275. Which seems backwards to me since the caranddriver.com article on the 2025 says the 2022 (M6) was 4092 and 4130 (A10).

If the ~4300 numbers are correct you have to wonder where all the extra weight comes from.

The media release says:

• Suspension bushings:

You don’t have someone on the assembly line swapping out the parts, the assemblies will be delivered with the right bushings and such installed. Then you need to consider incremental cost because it’s not like you’re getting two sets of parts (except rear toe links).

The C7 Z07 package also came with different shocks, bushings, springs, sway bars, and recalibration for the suspension, diff, ABS, and LSD - yet it only cost about $500 compared to the CCBs as a standalone option. That is why I am so disappointed in the cost.

I do understand that it took a lot of man hours to develop and test these components, but typically you justify these options as ways of building excitement for the entire model line and get new prospective buyers.

It’s a tough pill to swallow when I start looking at $50K to upgrade from my current loaded 2022.

You don’t have someone on the assembly line swapping out the parts, the assemblies will be delivered with the right bushings and such installed. Then you need to consider incremental cost because it’s not like you’re getting two sets of parts (except rear toe links).
That's different from what I said:
leres said:
I see two paths: First someone who doesn't have the option and wants to upgrade. Second, someone who wants to save money by getting the car with the option and then upgrading it with parts. In both of these cases, parts would be swapped.

The news.cadillac.com announcement lists the manual as 4302 and the automatic as 4275. Which seems backwards to me since the caranddriver.com article on the 2025 says the 2022 (M6) was 4092 and 4130 (A10).

If the ~4300 numbers are correct you have to wonder where all the extra weight comes from.
I just noticed that the August 16th, 2024 version of the order guide lists weights for the 5BW as 4123 (M6) and 4142 (A10).

So from what I am learning is that this new package (code V8V) isn't able to be ordered yet?

I came close to being able to place an order today, but that was the show stopper. It was an allocation that the dealer had open, but had already spec'd with Cadillac.

Are people able to place orders now and add this package later?

Or do I need to wait until the package is available in Cadillac's system to be able to officially order a car?

I think this package will have significant value when it comes to resale (and I also think I'd enjoy driving it), so it would be worth the wait to me, I just don't know when I should be looking to place an order with a dealer.

Confused!

So from what I am learning is that this new package (code V8V) isn't able to be ordered yet?

I came close to being able to place an order today, but that was the show stopper. It was an allocation that the dealer had open, but had already spec'd with Cadillac.

Are people able to place orders now and add this package later?

Or do I need to wait until the package is available in Cadillac's system to be able to officially order a car?

I think this package will have significant value when it comes to resale (and I also think I'd enjoy driving it), so it would be worth the wait to me, I just don't know when I should be looking to place an order with a dealer.

Confused!
You're going to have to wait until that magical moment when the dealer has an allocation and V8V is not on constraint. Dealers will not hold an allocation as its use it or, lose it.

You're going to have to wait until that magical moment when the dealer has an allocation and V8V is not on constraint. Dealers will not hold an allocation as its use it or, lose it.

Ok, so being on constraint means that even though it is shown on the order guide, an order cannot be placed that has that option?

It's not a case of placing the order with that option, which will inevitably delay the order from being built until that option is off constraint?

At least I will have an order in with the second scenario.

Kind of lost on how to move forward here, knowing that the Precision Package is for all intents and purposes "reality" (not just a vaporware teaser).

This markup reminds me of the bmw m CS, which updates the software with some suspension goodies but they charge a very large premium. But with all the aftermarket bmw software tuning, u can easily tune the car like a CS. Would be nice if someone hack and provide the track package software upgrade

This markup reminds me of the bmw m CS, which updates the software with some suspension goodies but they charge a very large premium. But with all the aftermarket bmw software tuning, u can easily tune the car like a CS. Would be nice if someone hack and provide the track package software upgrade
You think of when the car was launched in 2022 and how the reviews praised the Cadillac for being tens of thousand less than comparable cars from Germany. Not the case anymore. Many 2024s are pushing 130k or more. 25s with all carbon and this package are probably 140k.

For a manual, the Blackwing is still the only choice. For automatic drivers... seems you really need to decide what is most important.

25s with all carbon and this package are probably 140k.
The config I'm looking at comes in at $138620 before sales/guzzler tax and destination. Subtracting off the V8V option it's still $18K more than the same configuration in 2022 (I couldn't find option pricing for 2021). I'm solidly in the "no moon roof" camp.
Ok, so being on constraint means that even though it is shown on the order guide, an order cannot be placed that has that option?

It's not a case of placing the order with that option, which will inevitably delay the order from being built until that option is off constraint?
I'll take a run at this. As I understand it a dealer is free to place an order that contains one or more constrained options but the factory will not accept such an order until all options are no longer on constraint (and the dealer has still has an unused allocation).

Dealers are (understandingly) reluctant to enter an order with a constrained option because if the option does not come off constraint they can end up using (losing) an allocation without getting an order accepted.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom