Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Track rats rejoice!

That's co
Ok, so being on constraint means that even though it is shown on the order guide, an order cannot be placed that has that option?

It's not a case of placing the order with that option, which will inevitably delay the order from being built until that option is off constraint?

At least I will have an order in with the second scenario.

Kind of lost on how to move forward here, knowing that the Precision Package is for all intents and purposes "reality" (not just a vaporware teaser).
That's correct.

No, as I said, the dealership either uses their allocation during the week that they receive it or, they lose it.

Ok, so being on constraint means that even though it is shown on the order guide, an order cannot be placed that has that option?

It's not a case of placing the order with that option, which will inevitably delay the order from being built until that option is off constraint?

At least I will have an order in with the second scenario.

Kind of lost on how to move forward here, knowing that the Precision Package is for all intents and purposes "reality" (not just a vaporware teaser).
order the car exactly as you want it. A good dealer will then call you and say, "we have an allocation, but you have to drop [insert package(s)] to get it due to constraints. Do you want to change your order or remain in line?" then they go to the next person inline so they do not loose the allocation. This all has to happen between Thursday (grant day) to Monday (when the order with no constraints must be submitted in Workbench).

Last edited:
order the car exactly as you want it. A good dealer will then call and say, "we have an allocation, but you have to drop [insert package(s)] to get it. Do you want change your order or remain in line?"

How do allocations work? I have to assume they are not just handed out all at once at the beginning of the order cycle? They can drip out over the model year depending on factory balancing and individual dealer performance?

I assume this has to be the case, as dealers who don't have buyers right now for their allocations (like the dealer I spoke to today) are spec'ing the cars on their own, guessing what a customer may want.

If they don't spec on their own, they lose the allocation. And they can't add the Precision Package for several months, meaning that these pre-spec'd allocations (no buyer yet) can't be changed in the future to include that option.

Supply chain issues must have derailed the Precision Package roll out, I have to assume GM wanted to include it as soon as the 2025 order books opened, this can't be some sort of intentional strategy (I can't see the upside for them to have done this on purpose). They just couldn't keep delaying the 2025 roll out.

I have to assume they are not just handed out all at once at the beginning of the order cycle? They can drip out over the model year depending on factory balancing and individual dealer performance?

precisely my understanding

Whatever allocations a dealer is entitled to are given out weekly on Thursday. Allocations are dynamically based on dealer sales and whatever is going on at the factory at the time. Like TheShark was saying, you can create your build with the dealer and wait for the goat rodeo pieces (ex. constraints, allocations, shipping...) to align.

I'm willing to bet 99.2% of us mortals would only be a smidge faster on track with V8V installed and most of that marginal improvement from the better rear camber achieved via the toe links. $18k bucks? Man alive that is ridiculous.

A lot of these changes are just the things they skipped because it made the car less "Cadillac" but they knew darn well what they could achieve during the calibration of the original car. This is just another way the 5BW is printing money for GM to help cover the losses from the BEV kool-aid they drank a few years ago.

I'm willing to bet 99.2% of us mortals would only be a smidge faster on track with V8V installed and most of that marginal improvement from the better rear camber achieved via the toe links. $18k bucks? Man alive that is ridiculous.

A lot of these changes are just the things they skipped because it made the car less "Cadillac" but they knew darn well what they could achieve during the calibration of the original car. This is just another way the 5BW is printing money for GM to help cover the losses from the BEV kool-aid they drank a few years ago.
Ok, first I’m reading $18k. I thought the consensus was just a couple thou more than the carbon ceramics, which I was going to buy anyway,

Where are 2025 prices posted? I’ve only seen the order guide with option codes, no prices.

Whatever allocations a dealer is entitled to are given out weekly on Thursday. Allocations are dynamically based on dealer sales and whatever is going on at the factory at the time. Like TheShark was saying, you can create your build with the dealer and wait for the goat rodeo pieces (ex. constraints, allocations, shipping...) to align.
So that’s the infamous goat rodeo I keep reading about here.

Strapping on my spurs and spinning up my lasso.

Ok, first I’m reading $18k. I thought the consensus was just a couple thou more than the carbon ceramics, which I was going to buy anyway,

Where are 2025 prices posted? I’ve only seen the order guide with option codes, no prices.
I believe most of the 2025 pricing came from a post that points here: Cochran Cadillac

The V8V pricing came from Dustin's post: 2025 CT5 & CT5-V Blackwing Order Support Guide
(Look in the "available packages" image.)

Some info:

$18k for V8V. Wow.

$9k is MSRP on the carbon ceramic brakes.

So the other $9k is for software programming, lowering springs, and some bushings?

GM missed the mark on this one. I could maybe see that price for a 'Vette, since that is a much more track-oriented car than a BW.

So few people are tracking their BWs. This should have been a $10-11k package, max.

For $9k I'll buy a a half dozen sets of slicks for my dedicated race car.

On top of the absurd price, someone serious about max effort lap times in their "1LE" 5BW should consider building a dedicated track car with an engineered safety cage and harness. A good driver can already push the base car outside the safety envelope.

Figure it was driven by two things. First, making the changes necessary to get the optimal track alignment (new front uprights and rear toe links). Then bolt on some Cup 2R and then add requisite support and tuning to support the increased grip.

I love what they did, and you can count on the GM engineers to have truly tuned the new package around the tire, but I priced out a new one speced the same as my current 22 and I could add a 4BW to my current 5BW for what it would cost to upgrade.

Are we sure about that $18000 price? That sounds like an oddly round number for GM.

I’d seen his post, but was unsure of the source. I just noticed that it looks to be a slide marked “Cadillac: Confidential Internal Use Only”.

I guess I can hope they come to their senses before the price is released to the public.

I’d seen his post, but was unsure of the source. I just noticed that it looks to be a slide marked “Cadillac: Confidential Internal Use Only”.

I guess I can hope they come to their senses before the price is released to the public.
My understanding of “constrained” option status is that it can be zero availability or very, very limited availability.

From what I’ve learned, the Precision Package is currently in very, very limited availability status, so technically it’s been officially opened for ordering (good luck finding a dealer who has access) and this is the price. It’s not speculative anymore.

My understanding of “constrained” option status is that it can be zero availability or very, very limited availability.

From what I’ve learned, the Precision Package is currently in very, very limited availability status, so technically it’s been officially opened for ordering (good luck finding a dealer who has access) and this is the price. It’s not speculative anymore.
Constrained is another word for good luck.

On top of the absurd price, someone serious about max effort lap times in their "1LE" 5BW should consider building a dedicated track car with an engineered safety cage and harness. A good driver can already push the base car outside the safety envelope.
I really was trying to justify moving from my '22 to a '25 and the Precision Package plus the new PDR might have done it but not at $18k. Most of us that track the car don't really want the CCB option as the iron disks/pads are easier and cheaper to replace. I might be able to afford a $9k option for the Precision Package that didn't include CCB. But I assume that will not happen.

As an aside; I spent over 25 years strapped into various formula cars and YES, I get a bit nervous pushing the very high boundaries of these cars with a single lap/shoulder harness and no roll cage! They are fun but I agree, if you are going to run 10/10s, build a dedicated track car.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom