Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Order bank open date 2025 CT5V BW?

Has there been a discussion on why the 2025's are being held at the plant? Mine was built - have a VIN but what I am hearing is that we may not see the car until December?!

Has there been a discussion on why the 2025's are being held at the plant? Mine was built - have a VIN but what I am hearing is that we may not see the car until December?!
Some have speculated it has to do with remaining 24 inventory at dealers. As of this morning, the Cadillac website shows 311 CT5-V Blackwings across the country (a few are marked as in transit). Only 116 of them are manual. I'm quite certain that number is really only 115, or less ;)

Some have speculated it has to do with remaining 24 inventory at dealers. As of this morning, the Cadillac website shows 311 CT5-V Blackwings across the country (a few are marked as in transit). Only 116 of them are manual. I'm quite certain that number is really only 115, or less ;)
Okay... I don't see any 2025 Blackwings listed on the website across the country (2,000 miles from my zip). Seems silly to hold allocated - customer cars at the plant to protect 2024's. But hey ... I just pay the price and am not the executives at GM.

Okay... I don't see any 2025 Blackwings listed on the website across the country (2,000 miles from my zip). Seems silly to hold allocated - customer cars at the plant to protect 2024's. But hey ... I just pay the price and am not the executives at GM.
I agree. Your car is built, ship it! You would think it is worse for them to hold it for any reason when the buyer is ready for it.

They were impossible to get and going for big markups, now there's hundreds of them just waiting to be scooped up and they can't sell them.
And yet, people still post asking if certain dealers are still charging ADM. Are you kidding me? Anyone paying MSRP for any car or truck these days is giving away money.

And yet, people still post asking if certain dealers are still charging ADM. Are you kidding me? Anyone paying MSRP for any car or truck these days is giving away money.
Cadillac of Delaware or one of those dealers around there has had the same couple of black things in their inventory for probably at least 6 months, and they're not bad configurations. They're not even marked up, people are just holding out for the new model at this point.

Cadillac of Delaware or one of those dealers around there has had the same couple of black things in their inventory for probably at least 6 months, and they're not bad configurations. They're not even marked up, people are just holding out for the new model at this point.
I agree. And for those who prefer the 22-24s, there exists a unique window to buy at discount. Looking through the inventory on Cadillac's website, many have CF1, CF2, carbon seats, etc. Interestingly, 200 of the 311 units are Black Raven or Summit White.

ummmm.... I was planning to pay MSRP for my new '25 CT5V-BW if it ever gets build. Am I giving it away, the money? I can't imagine getting a discount, not on a new one. A leftover '24, maybe, but if they've only got one in stock and no hopes of getting another for several months, I don't see them discounting it. If I'm wrong, please tell me.

And I believe most folks are still paying MSRP for desirable Porsches.

Maybe can't, but it seems a lot of dealers are now offering small discounts off MSRP since supply chain issues are over

You are wrong. Never. Pay. MSRP!
In all my years of buying luxury cars, I’ve never heard of a new car dealer offering anything below MSRP for a special order car. Why would they? You want something special, they have the pricing leverage.

Now, if the car is already on the lot, then you have the leverage, as they own the note and are already burning money every day it sits there.

These days, on a special order car, I think the most anyone can expect is no ADM.

Ironically, during my ordering odyssey over the last 6 weeks for a 25 5BW, I ran into multiple dealers wanting an ADM, from +$2500 all the way to +$15k (for a carbon 2 car). These were dealers who historically got BW allocations.

However, most other dealers were willing to sell at MSRP.

However, most of those dealers hardly ever got BW allocations, if ever.

ummmm.... I was planning to pay MSRP for my new '25 CT5V-BW if it ever gets build. Am I giving it away, the money? I can't imagine getting a discount, not on a new one. A leftover '24, maybe, but if they've only got one in stock and no hopes of getting another for several months, I don't see them discounting it. If I'm wrong, please tell me.

And I believe most folks are still paying MSRP for desirable Porsches.
I mean obviously, a Porsche. And the first delivered 25 manual CT5-V Blackwings, OK. This particular car is hard because they control the allocations. Some dealers get so few, they won't discount. Me personally, seeing the increased cost of a 25 and the less desirable interior and exterior, no way I would pay MSRP. Luckily for you, many others also have to have the TV screen and "more aggressive" (albeit mis-matched to the rear) front end. But for crying out loud, get yourself free PPF and tint. I got that from Sewell on my 2022, saved about 3k.

Tell me

I made an agreement to purchase a 2025 5V blackwing with the dealership who told me that I would pay MSRP and nothing more. How do I convince them to give me a discount on a custom order like this?
I would insist on at least getting them to cover PPF on the front end and tint. Obviously, to get one of the first 25s, custom ordered to your specs... hard to negotiate. But not impossible, get yourself something.

FWIW, if I was the average Cadillac dealer (not some small store with a couple of annual allocations) and I have new 2024 5BW on my lot, I'd probably sell a few grand below MSRP or at MRSP pending color and equipment and other stores near me. A new 2025....full list, maybe small ADM. I'd want to move the 24's in hopes of getting 25 allocations. But what do I know.

There are unresolved issues with the 6.2l. Most have shown up on GM trucks/SUVs. They could be holding until they resolve the issues.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom