Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V 2023 Blackwing tow truck driver forgot parking brake = 😢

CT5-V Model
The mods you list are cam (I assume a 32 or 38% fuel lobe), port injection, and E85. Did you do any mods to the low-side fuel pump?

• Cordes cold air intake
  • Custom Cam Motion cam kit (includes Cam, Springs, Pushrods)
  • DOD delete
  • Gm ls7 lifters, Lifter trays, Lt4 head gaskets, Arp head studs, Front main seal, Arp crank bolt, New water pump gaskets, Cam retainer plate with bolts Cam bolt, Amp lock out
  • LME head porting
  • Kong X-Port on stock supercharger
  • NGK Spark Plugs
  • Nick Williams 103 Throttle Body
  • Gates belt
  • OMS Aux pump Kit / Aem 400 Xrp lines and fittings
  • Kooks headers w green cats
  • DSX lower pulley
  • LME Billet VVT front cover
  • Reflex fuel controller
  • TooHighPSI port injector plates w Fic 1000cc injectors
  • Flex fuel sensor
  • LMP heat exchanger
  • LMP expansion tank
  • Supercharger silencing plate delete

Currently running E85 full time

IMG_20241003_211740_793.jpg

PXL_20240928_204150001.jpg

I worked too hard for my money and my toys. I have never modded any of my cars until after the factory warranty expired. The dealers will 95% of the time tell you that it was your fault to avoid having to do repairs on their dime. Bad things happen in 3's. You should take a sharp object and puncture a tire , just to get the bad JuJu out of there and be done with the bad luck.

All right, I am about to humbly accept drama King of the Year award in a bit.

My tuner called me and he said I had an O2 sensor fault code he had to clear and the car seems to be running like new after clearing the code.

He's going to drive it for a day to make sure it doesn't come back but he says the motor seems to be fine.

I would rather accept that I have no idea what I'm talking about and immediately conflate catastrophically blowing a motor with having a simple fault, vs having to pay for a $20k LME LTR shortblock.

But I started doing the research anyway, now I have some goals for the future of this thing beyond swapping to the Magnuson 2650.

That's a pretty bad fault if it caused that much of an issue. Hope that's all it was!

Thank you for honestly sharing your experience with us. Hopefully you're good to go now.
As an aside, I'd be MISERABLE driving a Tesla.
You spend almost ALL your time around your car INSIDE driving it. I could not live with the interior of a Tesla / trying to control almost everything with a touch screen (I struggle to get them to work well at all though the Cadillac is okay).
Driving the BW brings a smile to my face all the time; it's intoxicating!
Anyway, enjoy the ride!

Thank you for honestly sharing your experience with us. Hopefully you're good to go now.
As an aside, I'd be MISERABLE driving a Tesla.
You spend almost ALL your time around your car INSIDE driving it. I could not live with the interior of a Tesla / trying to control almost everything with a touch screen (I struggle to get them to work well at all though the Cadillac is okay).
Driving the BW brings a smile to my face all the time; it's intoxicating!
Anyway, enjoy the ride!
I will never forget the quote that the car you drive is your IRL Avatar on the road 😅

Hope the engine is fine and the two truck company damage is fixed!

agreed. this was an enjoyable thread with hopefully a great outcome and super chill owner
He told me the global B is very temperamental and some fault codes can be really impactful.

I have no idea what this means ("global B") but I'm happy that that's all it was and the OP is back on the road. Kudos to him for the great attitude and sharing the solution.

Enjoyed reading this thread and hope all is well with the car...I really just wanted to add that I admire your attitude about the tow truck driver and seeing how your potential different reactions could really affect his life after a mistake.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom