Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

Currently debating leaving my roof as is, wrapped black and keeping the blaze orange fin, or sending it out to a shop for paint.

Do you have pictures of how yours looks against black? I had a Race Red Mustang which for some reason, the shop was able to wrap that shark fin, and it was great as I didn't want it to look like Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer up on the roof. Can't tell if the orange would be better.
I like having that little flair on the roof with the contrasting color, but it may not appeal to everybody...
roof-teal.png
roof-purp.png

Got my car back. It turned out pretty great. Barely any blue peeking through (just under the doors).
The ppf quality seems pretty solid besides one weird printing or something on the hood.
I'll have to ask the guys at the shop about it.

Attachments

• IMG_6351.jpeg
    IMG_6351.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 134
  • IMG_6350.jpeg
    IMG_6350.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_6352.jpeg
    IMG_6352.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 134
Got my car back. It turned out pretty great. Barely any blue peeking through (just under the doors).
The ppf quality seems pretty solid besides one weird printing or something on the hood.
Love the color! Very clean.

Did the first oil change yesterday. This was also the first use of my new Race Ramps. I really like them, especially the ability to separate the ramp portion from the stand part.

Of course, the oil filter had apparently been installed by an 800 lb. gorilla. I deformed the filter can pretty badly but was able to get it off without having to poke a screwdriver through it, lol.

What are the shops charging to do a complete color change wrap these days. Just to put clear PPF on the hood /fenders/mirrors and ceramic coat after a color correction, cost me $5000.

What are the shops charging to do a complete color change wrap these days. Just to put clear PPF on the hood /fenders/mirrors and ceramic coat after a color correction, cost me $5000.
So, labor pricing is highly regional from what I can tell. I'm in the midwest so the COL out here isn't that high, but you got a very expensive package done. Normal quotes out here for a full front end clear in XPEL ultimate is normally around 2k. Ceramic coatings are anywhere from 600-1500.

I paid around 8k pretax for the full color change wrap, black on roof, (vinyl on sharkfin and handles) mirrors, rocker, diffusor and clear on the rest. They did a really good job given the limitations of the material. And then some more for wheels off ceramic. They also had to do a fair bit of prep work cause the previous owner of the car had it ceramic coated so all of that had to be polished off. Pricing is highly regional though so what you paid may be in line with your area. (it does seem expensive for me though).

Dealerships around Long Island , NY are charging from $160 per hour and up ! I have seen some at $190 p/hr. The detail shops around here are not cheap either...but like you say , the cost of living in NY is ridiculous. It is not an easy job putting wrap on cars with multiple curves. It takes alot of practice and wasted material to get it done right.

Installed some new windshield vents... courtesy of some metal debris thrown up from the car in front of me on the freeway. Thankfully it missed all bodywork, but the last time I ordered a windshield replacement took 7 months... so we'll see how long I'm going to have to look through this.
20240813_094741.jpg
20240813_170846.jpg
20240813_170855.jpg
Screenshot 2024-08-13 180035.png

Last edited:
Just finished my umpteenth oil change. Changed out the Fumoto oil valve from the short nipple to long nipple version (used to have anxiety using the drain hose with the too short nipple variant.)

Just finished my umpteenth oil change. Changed out the Fumoto oil valve from the short nipple to long nipple version (used to have anxiety using the drain hose with the too short nipple variant.)
Curious how many miles you got on your BW?

Used the manual key for the first time, car was dead and had to get jumped after sitting for 4 days. Hopefully its not another dead battery since it just got warrantied/replaced last April. Might be time to start digging to see if I have a parasitic loss somewhere.

About 38,000 now.
Damn that's awesome. I bought my car back in Feb with 18k miles on the clock. I'll be crossing 25k today on my way home from work.

Now I need to schedule an oil change haha.

My wife advised me the other day that there was a blood stain on the side of my white Telluride. Right in the middle of the right-side quarter panel. I checked my surveillance camera and saw that in the morning a hawk had chased a bird right into the side of the car. It was quite an impact. In Top Gun , they were warned about the penalty for flying below the hard deck !
Anyway, I did not clean the blood stain for a week. When I finally got around to washing the car, it was a pain in the butt to get that stuff off !
The moral of the story.......clean blood stains off ASAP ! I'm just glad it wasn't my white 5BW !

Dealership completed first (complimentary) oil change, rear differential service, and alignment check on my '24 5BW after 1200 miles driven so far

Dealership completed first (complimentary) oil change, rear differential service, and alignment check on my '24 5BW after 1200 miles driven so far
I have 5000 miles on my 5BW/ automatic. I never got a rear diff service ....yet. I did my break in oil change (free) at 1400 miles. Was I supposed to get the rear done also ?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom