Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

I have 5000 miles on my 5BW/ automatic. I never got a rear diff service ....yet. I did my break in oil change (free) at 1400 miles. Was I supposed to get the rear done also ?
Recommended Rear Diff fluid change is 40k miles under normal driving, or sometime before first tracking. I did my rear diff just before I hit 20k. Easy job with the right tools.

Recommended Rear Diff fluid change is 40k miles under normal driving, or sometime before first tracking. I did my rear diff just before I hit 20k. Easy job with the right tools.
It will probably take me 10 years to get to 40,000 miles. I don't plan on tracking my car. I do want to do a dyno test before the year is over.

I received my lifetime K-N cabin air filter (washable) today from Amazon. It is built just as well as their engine air filters. My only headache , was that there is a small clip with a retractable string on the right side of the glove box. This thing is damn near impossible to reattach when you are putting the glove box back in. I have hook tools to hold the clip and after snapping back in the left/right glove box stops, you have to fight to get the clip back in place. Anyway it snapped back into the abyss and I am am fed up trying to hook it . It actually serves ZERO purpose.
Just one more stupid idea by a GM engineer.

Drove it about 300 miles over the last 2 days...but mostly in heavy DC/Baltimore traffic...all with the TapOut CF MAF & ported throttle body (installed last week). Lots of bumper to bumper....but when I was able to get on it....:) :) :) have to say....I'm very pleased with the performance.

Drove it about 300 miles over the last 2 days...but mostly in heavy DC/Baltimore traffic...all with the TapOut CF MAF & ported throttle body (installed last week). Lots of bumper to bumper....but when I was able to get on it....:) :) :) have to say....I'm very pleased with the performance.
No check engine codes yet? Some folks have seen them with the MAF, but it seems to happen in cooler weather so maybe you haven't had those conditions in this summer weather.

No check engine codes yet? Some folks have seen them with the MAF, but it seems to happen in cooler weather so maybe you haven't had those conditions in this summer weather.
Got a CEL a few weeks ago after restarting at a gas station in cool rainy conditions. Cleared it and hasn't come back.

I'm assuming I'll get a code (cold start emissions) under certain conditions...mostly when its colder out. We'll see. I installed an aeroforce gauge which reports all kinds of engine parameters and has the ability to clear codes with a few button pushes. Looks pretty cool too.

Dealing with a CEL on occasion is a small price to pay for a perhaps 80hp (crank) power jump (when you include the ported throttle body). Its really pretty awesome WOT. M3s beware....etc.

Reading your posts over the months I have an itch you can't keep anything stock! :lou

Reading your posts over the months I have an itch you can't keep anything stock! :lou
Well yes and no...our BMW 330 ZHP is completely stock (and drives great). Sometimes I get an itch for more with it (supercharging) but mostly I'm satisfied with the experience. Folks say its not fast....I disagree...its quite quick really...though not compared to the fastest cars. I've always been able to get the most accelerating and driving cars...so that I could keep less then 1 car length with an E46 M3 in the 1/4 back in the day might be more to do with that then what the car should actually be able to do....but yeah.

I bought my 2001 Audi used (in 2002) and it was already stage2 with a bunch of mods (all of which I eventually upgraded). I would have been fine with that...and was for a while...but a with turbo failure it seemed to make sense to upgrade. Handling and brake mods are as important to me as power...so yeah.

Our 2012 GTI was a replacement for a wrecked by son 2010 GTI (that I chipped and upgraded shifter, suspension/coilovers and bracing). The 2012 had already been modded to Stage 3 with DPs & LSD by the prior owner and I transferred all my suspension and other upgrades and added a better exhaust and clutch (etc). So yeah.

4 V BW is pretty awesome right out of the box and really doesn't need upgrading. I'll never touch the suspension or lower it....but a little more easy oomph...for sure. Eventually I'll get it tuned and perhaps add DPs and maybe larger turbos but I'm not in any hurry to do so....But yeah.

Added the CF oversized intake and dipped the stock wheels today. Not sure if it will show in the pic but the new air box CF matches the radiator shroud but the engine cover seems to be much more silver looking than the other two pieces. Not sure how I feel about it….the more I look at it the more it bothers me. Wheels I did for the winter and to get an idea if I want to go with that color on a new set for next summer or not.
IMG_2130.jpeg
IMG_2129.jpeg
IMG_2127.jpeg

Installed those ZL1 addon style lift points on the car. Dont have to worry about using those slotted hockey pucks to jack the car up.

FYSA: I didnt trust just having the 2 screws to hold them in place. I added my trusty 3M panel bond double sided tape for that extra "that thing better not come lose" kinda situation.

It's with heavy heart that I had to let the BW go. :cry:
Between all the changes with my schedule at work and no real need for a super sedan. I got a good offer on it and moved to something that won't require me to stop at the gas station every other day to fill up.
I'll still come around to check out what craziness is going on. Hopefully one day I'll have a big enough garage to fit another one in there.

It's with heavy heart that I had to let the BW go. :cry:
Between all the changes with my schedule at work and no real need for a super sedan. I got a good offer on it and moved to something that won't require me to stop at the gas station every other day to fill up.
I'll still come around to check out what craziness is going on. Hopefully one day I'll have a big enough garage to fit another one in there.

What did you move onto?

What did you move onto?
Lexus RC350
Nothing exciting. Just something that's good on gas and reliable. It's got the Mark Levinson sound system so at least the stereo is off the chain lol

Kooks headers, cerakote bronze. Don't mind the spray on the cover. Going to clean that up tomorrow. 🤣
And if you want louder, get this. 🤣

tempImageuA90lm.jpg

How is the cold start with the kooks headers? We can start with rear exhaust valves closed but initial bark must be louder I assume? Just wondering about cold start. I am planning green cats.

How is the cold start with the kooks headers? We can start with rear exhaust valves closed but initial bark must be louder I assume? Just wondering about cold start. I am planning green cats.
Cold start is obviously louder... even with the valves all the way closed. Can't really quantify how much louder, but its reasonable.

Got the install done. Delivered yesterday, installed today. One person install with car on jack stands. Not as easy as I had hoped. But sounds great!!

Attachments

• IMG_7368.jpeg
    IMG_7368.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_7369.jpeg
    IMG_7369.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_7370.jpeg
    IMG_7370.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 53
Changed the tips. I like watching the world burn.
IMG_7373.jpeg

Nice so are they supposed to stick out that far or is the last picture more indicative of what final install looks like?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom