Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

...well beat out a Macan and Cayenne that were racing each other from a light.
Who won between the two? There's no factory Macan that would match my wife's Cayenne 😉 It's even a toss up against my 5BW, at that! She'll run 11.8 @118 with a consistent 3.4 second 0-60 compared to the magazine times 3.6 second to 60 and seems I'll catch her at the end of the quarter at 11.5@128 - though that's hitting every shift just right and nailing the launch!

Was a toss up between a Panamera and the 5BW. Still waiting for that "perfect" one to show up somewhere as CPO and I'll jump on it. I need me a Papaya Porsche Panamera Turbo S Sport Turismo! 🤤

Dawn will absolutely strip and dull that cars wax right off! It's so harsh it will eventually ruin the clear coat.
I am not kidding either.
I don't use Dawn on every wash. Maybe once every six months. I can tell you that it will not strip the wax off your car like a be-all end-all stripper will. If you maintain your paint clear coat and use quality ceramic coating or waxes. Dawn won't do any damage. It may damage your rubber and plastic.....if you don't maintain those parts. I have been detailing cars for over 45 years and never had ANY issues. I believe that using the wrong brush, sponge or microfiber cloth is what creates the most issues. I won't get into a debate about it .....you do you and I'll keep doing what has worked for me . I have 5 cars and "no" garages. Every car does have a Covercraft cover, used when bad weather is reported. The covers can do damage too. The shine of my paint speaks for itself.

Attachments

• IMG_20200904_194450_606.jpg
    IMG_20200904_194450_606.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 48
Who won between the two? There's no factory Macan that would match my wife's Cayenne 😉 It's even a toss up against my 5BW, at that! She'll run 11.8 @118 with a consistent 3.4 second 0-60 compared to the magazine times 3.6 second to 60 and seems I'll catch her at the end of the quarter at 11.5@128 - though that's hitting every shift just right and nailing the launch!

Was a toss up between a Panamera and the 5BW. Still waiting for that "perfect" one to show up somewhere as CPO and I'll jump on it. I need me a Papaya Porsche Panamera Turbo S Sport Turismo! 🤤
The macan was the first by me once I flattened out but they both seemed pretty neck and neck until they encountered some traffic a ways up ahead of me. After that I lost sight of them.

I used to beat Cayenne Turbos in my Audi...but that was 8-10+ years ago...everything seems a bit faster now...I had an exceptionally good launch against those two...great wide open road in front of me and I just wanted to see what it could do.

The macan was the first by me once I flattened out but they both seemed pretty neck and neck until they encountered some traffic a ways up ahead of me. After that I lost sight of them.

I used to beat Cayenne Turbos in my Audi...but that was 8-10+ years ago...everything seems a bit faster now...I had an exceptionally good launch against those two...great wide open road in front of me and I just wanted to see what it could do.
Sounds like a heck of a time!

Just got this...
Match Box CT5 Blackwing.
Well it looks just like my CT4 BW..., so close enough.
The gold wheels are pretty close as well...
I was just looking at these yesterday! My son is 2 and loves cars so I was trying to see if they made a version of "daddy blue car" lol

I was just looking at these yesterday! My son is 2 and loves cars so I was trying to see if they made a version of "daddy blue car" lol
Yeah, only saw the black ones. However, if you are crafty, tape up the wheels, lights, windows, and get some touch up color of your car and paint it that color. Oh yeah, might want to take some scotch brite and scuff it up a bit.

When the weather cooperates and I will get a few good days out of a clean car, I break out my new foam cannon. The soap suds stay on the car for a good 10-15 minutes and I get the microfiber brush all around the car before the soap dissipates. I put Dawn dishwash detergent in it and it works great ! Its alot cheaper than the specific foam cannon soap they they sell. I know some people will say that that Dawn strips the wax off your car. I haven't found that to be true at all.
Hey @FLYARMY, curious, does your car have a ceramic coating in the foam picture? I have ceramic coating on everything on my 5BW and when I use my foam cannon, even my soap doesn't "stick" to the car. Prior to adding ceramic coating, my soap would "stick" to my car like you show in your picture and is why I ask.

Attachments

• IMG_1374.jpeg
    IMG_1374.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1375.jpeg
    IMG_1375.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 35
Hey @FLYARMY, curious, does your car have a ceramic coating in the foam picture? I have ceramic coating on everything on my 5BW and when I use my foam cannon, even my soap doesn't "stick" to the car. Prior to adding ceramic coating, my soap would "stick" to my car like you show in your picture and is why I ask.
Yes, my car has PPF over the hood and fenders and then ceramic coating over entire car. Not sure what brand of coating they use. I usually put in about 1.5 shot glass (2-3ozs.?) size amounts of foam soap and then slowly fill the container with water. Regular car wash soap doesn't last long, I have found . I have been using Chemical Guys Snow Foam that I can get at Lowes.

Got another Deckorate custom board of my previous setup.
deck2.jpg

Good color...

Good color...
Thanks. Gree's a favorite color and they didn't have it until this MY. Roof's gonna end up black along with the handles cause of the sharkfin/handle curvature. They don't think it can be done with PPF. I'm excited for the final result.

I think it'll look good. It's a good contrast.
I actually had my handles painted black when I did my wrap, and the roof is wrapped black with the fin wrapped body color.

Who makes PPF in that color or, is it just a wrap?
Pure ppf is the brand.
There's a few brands that do color films. They're one, flexitech is another I think. Stek does a bunch of neat ones but aren't really color films as they call them fashion films. Xpel does a black as well. There's probably a couple more but the few installers I've spoken to seemed to be fairly happy with the adhesive from pure

I think it'll look good. It's a good contrast.
I actually had my handles painted black when I did my wrap, and the roof is wrapped black with the fin wrapped body color.
Currently debating leaving my roof as is, wrapped black and keeping the blaze orange fin, or sending it out to a shop for paint.

Do you have pictures of how yours looks against black? I had a Race Red Mustang which for some reason, the shop was able to wrap that shark fin, and it was great as I didn't want it to look like Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer up on the roof. Can't tell if the orange would be better.

Chased down and resolved the rattle coming from near the sub and under the child seatbelt plate.

Used some foam and electrical tape wrapped around a toothpick to stuff the small gaps that were making all that noise. Now I can enjoy music at all volumes.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom