Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

You can decide how far out or recessed you want them. But if you go with the carbon tips, you lose the slant cut. So the bottom will stick out further than I like, but eso si que es

I needed to wash my (white) 5BW and discovered that a bird had crapped on my hood. I have PPF , only on the front of the car. I soaked this "purple' bird poo with a foam cannon and let it soak for a few minutes. This stuff was persistent , but finally came off. Then I noticed that the purple (probably some type of berry) had penetrated the PPF. I used a clay bar first and it barely did anything. Then I used some very fine polishing compound and it took quite a while and elbow grease. There is still a fine purple mark that I don't want to rub anymore. I am sure that I rubbed off the ceramic coating that was applied on top of the PPF. I can see a distortion when the water is on the hood.
I need to avoid parking under my tree or cut the tree down. Seriously thinking about it !

I think it was a mistake using a clay bar and polishing compound on ceramic. I think synthetic clay towels are OK used with lubricant, but not a true clay bar. I have a spray bottle with diluted rinseless wash for the occasional bird dropping. I'm not sure what the best plan is for a stain that doesn't wash off, but abrasives probably aren't a good idea.

When I had my black Audi I always had detailing spray and microfiber towels in the trunk. Would check the car every time I got in or out. Time is of the essence here. As I’m sure everyone knows, you want to soak the bird shit and never rub it. It’s full of small abrasive grain particles and will scratch the surface very easily.

I gave it a good soak and 99% of it washed away and then I saw it stained the PPF layer. I could not believe how hard it was to get it off before I started using the 3M swirl remover polish. Its the finest polisher you can get. I am going to schedule a detail with the installer and have polish off the hood ceramic coating and put a new layer on. Good thing my car is white. You have to really look to see the blemish.
From now on I will not be letting the car sit under a tree or leave bird crap on it after I see it.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom