Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

Installed Tapout CF MAF & engine cover as well as Aeroforce gauge...still figuring out the gauge (just went on about 2 hours ago) and already enjoying the MAF on test drive...can't wait for more. All looks great IMO. Next (perhaps in a week or two) I'll do the ported throttle body!
Hey RH, dig the look on the intake.
But I'm more curious about the AF gauge.
I went to the website and read up on it a bit...., but it seems a bit over the top providing info, on a quick look gauge, that seems to be redundant of the caddy's info.
I could see where this would be helpful if you had a TOT "color" package with all the bits and pieces, (still hard to quick look the gauge with the small text from what I can see) but I'm guessing this is a easier way to clear codes and such with the packages they offer, and i assume since you purchased the carbon intake, this is a necessity?

Just trying to understand the purpose of the AF pod.
Does it just snap into the dash air vent? wired, or BT?

Scratch that...., just read the instructions from the site..., probably won't, be doing this.

" These pods are meant for limited installations, preferably once. If removal is required it is recommended to use a vinyl pry tool or similar as to not damage pod or dash. Each pod is inspected and approved before sending and as such any breakage of the vent mounting tabs will not be covered under warranty.If care is taken these can be removed without any harm, but twisting and forcefully yanking them out of the dash can break the mounting tabs "

Anyhoo, interested in your experience.
Thanks!

I got the gauge with future upgrades in mind where I might want to better monitor engine parameters beyond whats already included with the Caddy (that is already a really nice feature and implemented well IMO). Not sure it will really matter (probably won't ever mod the car to the extent I will need it)...but in the meantime it does provide some real time stats of interest well beyond what can be displayed by the car and I'm hoping to be able to easily clear any codes I might get without having to plug something in...as its already there. Its a pretty comprehensive piece I've got to say (don't know/understand even half of what its reporting on and I still need to figure out how to properly use it). It does look sharp.

As for the warnings about one time installation....overblown. It can be removed and the old vent put right back in without a problem - no tabs were bent or broken.

Just picked mine up today from getting stealth PPF.
Love how this turned out, I've been looking at essentially doing the same to mine.

Looks like you're local (I'm in Cypress), mind me asking roughly how much this ran you, and where you got it done?

Got it done at Extreme Offroad & Performance out in Katy.

Got Stealth on the silver, and trim/carbon fiber was in the ultimate. The matte comes through better in person than the pictures show I think. I'm happy with it.

Last edited:
Got it done at Extreme Offroad & Performance out in Katy.

Got Stealth on the silver, and trim/carbon fiber was in the ultimate. The matte comes through better in person than the pictures show I think. I'm happy with it.
Matte is exactly what I'm looking for too. I've got Satin Steel Metallic, so a little darker but along the same lines as yours.
You going to any C&C events or anything else coming up? I'd love to see it in person

Matte is exactly what I'm looking for too. I've got Satin Steel Metallic, so a little darker but along the same lines as yours.
You going to any C&C events or anything else coming up? I'd love to see it in person
With the kids schedules, it makes it difficult to get to a lot of the event and things. I may be able to go to the West Houston Muscle event on August 17th.

I polish my TiPs today...., uhhh, yeah, just go with the pun....lol
Nobody likes dirty TiPs...., well almost nobody.... : )

Attachments

• IMG_1710.JPG
    IMG_1710.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1712.JPG
    IMG_1712.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1714.JPG
    IMG_1714.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1718.JPG
    IMG_1718.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 42
Installed Tapout CF MAF & engine cover as well as Aeroforce gauge...still figuring out the gauge (just went on about 2 hours ago) and already enjoying the MAF on test drive...can't wait for more. All looks great IMO. Next (perhaps in a week or two) I'll do the ported throttle body!

Hey RH,

Just curious about your experience with the new cf maf & engine cover over this past week that you installed.
Can you tell a definitive difference? I think where I read it can add up to an additional 40 WHP?
I'm guessing that's on the back mid end of boost?
Was the install fairly easy? was there anything specifically hard about the install?
I think I read, or you said it took just about an hour. Any CEL lights yet? Guess we will have to wait until it gets colder from what I read.
Contemplating a purchase..., or at the very least, a xmas present. : )
Thanks

They're OEM but I painted them myself. I started with two coats of Black Raven (WA 8555). That was to match the color of the V badges which I got from Savage (Oliver told me they use black raven). After that, I just ran a bead of caulk over the front to fill in the letters and wiped away excess with damp sponge. Had to hit it with a second coat of caulk after the first coat dried to really make the letters flush. Finally, hit it with two coats of GM clear coat.

For the caulk, I just used DAP exterior siding and door in light gray color to match the gray/off-white stripe in V flag.

It was a bit involved, but worth it since I wasn't keen on the 0fx2gv pieces for the exact reason that you stated. The only thing I would do different next time is put a down a layer of clear coat before doing the caulk. While the caulk came off cleanly with the damp sponge, it did leave a very thin layer on the black raven that dulled it slightly. The clear coat might help prevent that but not entirely sure.
Know this is old and maybe a dumb question, but how did you apply the black paint while keeping the colored parts? I'd love to do the same thing, and save some $ while I'm at it!

Hey RH,

Just curious about your experience with the new cf maf & engine cover over this past week that you installed.
Can you tell a definitive difference? I think where I read it can add up to an additional 40 WHP?
I'm guessing that's on the back mid end of boost?
Was the install fairly easy? was there anything specifically hard about the install?
I think I read, or you said it took just about an hour. Any CEL lights yet? Guess we will have to wait until it gets colder from what I read.
Contemplating a purchase..., or at the very least, a xmas present. : )
Thanks
I'm certainly enjoying the very noticeable bump in performance. Most driving feels exactly the same as before...as most of the time you're cruising along or mildly accelerating just as before. But when you get on it...its almost a bit explosive - added oomph when it counts with no lag - it ramps up very quickly. Car accelerates perceptibly quicker and to me the performance is just where it should be. It gives a noticeable extra push in the back - where before...yeah you look at the speedo and your going quite fast but you didn't feel it the same way. So - yeah - fun....I like. Its still not as explosive - torque wise (butt dyno) as my GTI is (or Audi was)....but more like I'm used to. I'll be happy with this level of added performance for a while I think with no need for more - its just enough - very satisfying. Still have the throttle body to install which I imagine will quicken throttle response a bit....not that its necessary...

MAF Install was very straightforward and easy. It was good there were 2 of us to fit the intake in as some bending of the pipe to the turbo on the opposite side was necessary as you fit the piece in. Greasing it helped as well. Number of mounting screws seemed excessive but no biggie. We also had to supply 4 of our own screws up top (that instructions seemed to indicate were provided but were not). Engine cover was a breeze to put on. Had to transfer some gaskets from the OEM piece but otherwise a cinch.

No CELS (has been warm). Idle might be a bit rough....rough is too harsh a word...but some slight variation in RPMs at idle...almost unnoticeable (but noticeable).

So far very happy....car just feels meaner (and quicker)...

Nothing! Two deer screamed out of the underbrush 3 days ago. I avoided one, the other hit our 2022 KiA Stinger GT1, Spiderwebbed passenger side window, rear view mirror sheared off, some dents.

So, a USAA rental car. Letting the 4BW go w/lo adding miles until the Stinger is fixed. Don

Officially made the BW my daily driver.
Right as my work schedule changes and now I have to drive to the office 4 days a week, 76 miles each way. Go figure.

Oh well... At least I'm having fun doing it.... lol...

Officially made the BW my daily driver.
Right as my work schedule changes and now I have to drive to the office 4 days a week, 76 miles each way. Go figure.

Oh well... At least I'm having fun doing it.... lol...

Damn that’s a rough commute to be making even in a BW.

Well not so much to my BW but with my BW. I loaded a 1/2 ton jack, torque wrench, gloves, etc in the trunk. Off I went to change the tire on my wife's Silverado 1500 (its her until something breaks or it needs some new goodies - then its "mine" again. :)). This will make the 4th foreign object picked up in tires in less the 4 weeks. 2 in the truck and 2 in the BW.
Unfortunately this object ruined an almost 400$ Toyo tire. No patching this one. :(

Attachments

• 20240727_170356.jpg
    20240727_170356.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 30
  • 20240727_143144.jpg
    20240727_143144.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Well not so much to my BW but with my BW. I loaded a 1/2 ton jack, torque wrench, gloves, etc in the truck. Off I went to change the tire on my Silverado 1500. This will make the 4th foreign object picked up in tires in less the 4 weeks. 2 in the truck and 2 in the BW.
Unfortunately this object ruined an almost 400$ Toyo tire. No patching this one. :(
Feel your pain dude..., that sucks.
Been down in that area before, and have seen more trash, junk & road debris around 64, 264,464.
I'm close to N. Va. and we don't seem to have that issue much until you get closer to DC.
I try and not think about having to replace the tire. But you are correct, patching doesn't seem like a good option.
Also, hate the fact that I can't change my own tire, for the lack thereof.
Been sitting on the fence about purchasing one of those $500 spare tire kits you can buy for the CT4.
But it would take up a lot of trunk space.
We'll see....

Well not so much to my BW but with my BW. I loaded a 1/2 ton jack, torque wrench, gloves, etc in the truck. Off I went to change the tire on my Silverado 1500. This will make the 4th foreign object picked up in tires in less the 4 weeks. 2 in the truck and 2 in the BW.
Looks like a piece of metal from the inside of a Blackwing engine ! LOL !

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom