Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

Today I installed my tapout carbon fiber base splitter.
😲 I didn't even know they made these!!

My main reason for not getting the CF packages was destroying the front splitter on crappy roads. This makes me want to go get a bunch of CF now. Basically CF1 with these instead of the OEM style full splitter.

Looks great!

IMG_2216.jpeg
Fixed a rattle... 🙃

Got my first ticket today in the 4BW. Got me right as I was passing someone that gave me road rage. 76 in a 45. First ticket I've had in 10+ years

And before someone jumps down my throat for speeding that much over, I was on a 4 lane state Rd between 2 rural counties. It wasn't a busy road, there's absolutely nothing around but fields and farm houses 100 yds off the road.

I gassed it to get away from the person which and just wasn't paying attention to the speed. On a side note it's very easy to get to that speed smoothly 😆

I do over 100 every time I take mine out for a derive. Good thing it was not in Va though, as you could do jail time......a weekend in the pokey. Jason Werth found out as did a Jalopnik writer.....did some hard time yo.

I do over 100 every time I take mine out for a derive. Good thing it was not in Va though, as you could do jail time......a weekend in the pokey. Jason Werth found out as did a Jalopnik writer.....did some hard time yo.

Yeah I know this first hand as well. 84 in a 55 got me a weekend in jail after I went to court.

I sat in the cell with my back to the wall and read a 700 page novel. I wasn't trying to attract any attention lol.

Over 20 years ago I got stopped doing 95 in a 45 outside of Lurray Va....managed to avoid jail (clean record mostly why i think) - though prosecutor was pushing for it. Fine was steep but I just missed out on nearly $1K more (suspended) when I got my next ticket exactly 1 day after the 1 year time given to get no additional tickets....lol.

What did I do in my BW today....well beat out a Macan and Cayenne that were racing each other from a light. I didn't even realize (or even notice them at first) I just decided to floor it from the light for the heck of it....they went blowing by me once I leveled out at 75 or 80 or so and they continued on racing each other for a while ahead of me. Still...very satisfying...

I’m at the dealer getting the oil changed. Only about 1k miles in the last year but I have to do it.

I decided to go over to the showroom now that it has been rebuilt and saw a new ct5. I wasn’t impressed with the headlight update. I really liked it in the pictures but up close in person I think it makes the car less mean. Feels like it softened up too much to me. The extended dash doesn’t bother me. But I didn’t turn it on or try driving it to see how it is an improvement.

Just picked mine up today from getting stealth PPF.

Attachments

• 20240719_160258 - resized.jpg
    20240719_160258 - resized.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 64
  • 20240719_161110 - resized.jpg
    20240719_161110 - resized.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 68
  • 20240719_161117 - resized.jpg
    20240719_161117 - resized.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 68
  • 20240719_161121 - resized.jpg
    20240719_161121 - resized.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 63
  • 20240719_161203 - resized.jpg
    20240719_161203 - resized.jpg
    689.2 KB · Views: 70
Installed Tapout CF MAF & engine cover as well as Aeroforce gauge...still figuring out the gauge (just went on about 2 hours ago) and already enjoying the MAF on test drive...can't wait for more. All looks great IMO. Next (perhaps in a week or two) I'll do the ported throttle body!

Attachments

• 20240719_200244.jpg
    20240719_200244.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 71
  • 20240719_200216.jpg
    20240719_200216.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 73
Installed Tapout CF MAF & engine cover as well as Aeroforce gauge...still figuring out the gauge (just went on about 2 hours ago) and already enjoying the MAF on test drive...can't wait for more. All looks great IMO. Next (perhaps in a week or two) I'll do the ported throttle body!
Did you do the oversized air box or OEM? I’m picking up my car tomorrow with the last of the blue belt installed. I’m thinking about doing the oversized air box now that I’ll already be into CEL’s with the DP’s. I’m assuming you did the oversized MAF since you commented about enjoying it on a test drive. Is it noticeable? I sort of hesitated on that as although it gains in hp it looked from Tapout’s dyno that it gives up a bit of torque down low. Can’t wait to see how she sounds with the combo of my muffler delete and the resonated DP’s.

Did you do the oversized air box or OEM? I’m picking up my car tomorrow with the last of the blue belt installed. I’m thinking about doing the oversized air box now that I’ll already be into CEL’s with the DP’s. I’m assuming you did the oversized MAF since you commented about enjoying it on a test drive. Is it noticeable? I sort of hesitated on that as although it gains in hp it looked from Tapout’s dyno that it gives up a bit of torque down low. Can’t wait to see how she sounds with the combo of my muffler delete and the resonated DP’s.
Yup....oversized. I can certainly tell there is more power up top.....and it feels great (butt dyno). I'll need more runs with it to say for sure how much difference it actually makes - but its certainly there. I can't tell any decrease in lower end torque - feels pretty much exactly the same. Engine seems to be running and idling great.

Congrats on the blue belt....maybe someday for me but not any time soon. I think the oversized MAF could give you some extra push up top. Will you necessarily need it? Car is already plenty fast and with blue belt tune should really scream. Depends on what you want to do with it I guess.

Oh and it does look great. It and the CF engine cover are a huge improvement over the stock look IMO. I always take engine covers off (prefer to actually see it)...but to me the engine layout of the CT 4 V BW is not all that special or great looking....but I really like how it looks now.

Yup....oversized. I can certainly tell there is more power up top.....and it feels great (butt dyno). I'll need more runs with it to say for sure how much difference it actually makes - but its certainly there. I can't tell any decrease in lower end torque - feels pretty much exactly the same. Engine seems to be running and idling great.

Congrats on the blue belt....maybe someday for me but not any time soon. I think the oversized MAF could give you some extra push up top. Will you necessarily need it? Car is already plenty fast and with blue belt tune should really scream. Depends on what you want to do with it I guess.

Oh and it does look great. It and the CF engine cover are a huge improvement over the stock look IMO. I always take engine covers off (prefer to actually see it)...but to me the engine layout of the CT 4 V BW is not all that special or great looking....but I really like how it looks now.
Agree the CF under the hood looks sharp. I did the cover and the front radiator cover (we did opposite second pieces). I been wanting to do the air box but was being wishy washy on oversized or stock. Also have heard some guys getting rough idle with the oversized after some time. If you don’t mind can I message you for an update after you get some time with it? It’s the more expensive piece and I’m sort of going step by step slowly to hopefully not get my wife’s attention on accounts lol.

Agree the CF under the hood looks sharp. I did the cover and the front radiator cover (we did opposite second pieces). I been wanting to do the air box but was being wishy washy on oversized or stock. Also have heard some guys getting rough idle with the oversized after some time. If you don’t mind can I message you for an update after you get some time with it? It’s the more expensive piece and I’m sort of going step by step slowly to hopefully not get my wife’s attention on accounts lol.
Sure....I'll report any issues or otherwise.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom