Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2025 CT5 & CT5-V Blackwing Order Support Guide

The few on the fence over CCB's. Today I only wish both of mine had CCB's. The amount of time it cost me to wash the brake dust constantly would have been worth 9g's. Neither of mine will likely ever see a race track either.
20240815_104119.jpg

Sonax Wheel Cleaner + ceramic coated + pressure washer = this. Didn't touch them with anything else.

View attachment 27514
Sonax Wheel Cleaner + ceramic coated + pressure washer = this. Didn't touch them with anything else.
I've never had ceramic coating last more than a few months when applied to wheels and then driven with any aggression. The heat from the brakes seems to negatively affect its effectiveness long term.

And I've used Sonax and pressure washer, too.

And I need my inner barrels sparkling, too.

CCBs for me on my next ride.

I've never had ceramic coating last more than a few months when applied to wheels and then driven with any aggression. The heat from the brakes seems to negatively affect its effectiveness long term.

100% agree with you and 1EVIL55 - CCBs next time. If I drive the car 3 or 4 times a month on nice days, she stays pretty clean (white, so very clean from 10 feet). Except for the wheels. The $9k would have totally been worth it to not have to clean the wheels separately, drag out the cleaning crap, etc.

Any downside to the ccbs? Other than cost? I am assuming replacement costs are just as high? Do they last longer?

Any downside to the ccbs? Other than cost? I am assuming replacement costs are just as high? Do they last longer?

I'm sure replacement costs are higher than the cost of checking the "CCB" box when ordering. I've heard estimates of 100,000 miles for the life of the CCBs, for street driving (not track).

This article summed it up well, I think:
No doubt this amazing control is also aided by the optional $9000 carbon-ceramic brakes fit to all our test cars. Cadillac claims these reduce unsprung weight by 53 pounds, which you'll notice over the curbs. The Brembo-sourced brakes provided excellent performance, hauling the CT5 down from well over 140 mph on the pit straight lap after lap. And lest you balk at the added cost, a Brembo engineer said that the rotors should last the life of the car, or at least the time you own the car. Combine this with the benefits of reducing unsprung weight so significantly, and the cost starts to make sense… for a given definition of “sense.”. We didn't get a chance to try out the standard cast-iron brakes, but engineers say they're more than worthy for track use.

I would venture a guess that the whole reason these cars are being delayed, including the online configurator and orders/production, is that there were so many left over 2024 models sitting on the lot.

I’m sure the precision package was calibrated to the lower unsprung weight of the CCBs. I’ve put a bunch of track time on my 5BW and so far the brakes, particularly the rotors, have held up well. These aren’t the same CCBs as 15-20 years ago.

You make a great point!

Yeah, $9K sounds considering they didnt really have to re-engineer alot of things. Bushings and tires are already parts bin stuff. Stiffer spring rates, adjusted MR valving for the stiffer springs, larger sways, adjusted E-Diff and steering feedback. Revised knuckles to get more camber means they probably slotted the hole for the upper perch to get the knuckle to slide in for more camber.

I'll throw in that if you change all of that stuff, there is (or at least should be) a fair amount of R&D as well as real world testing to make sure that it all works. That costs something. And then more testing to make sure that you didn't break anything else (what we call regression testing).

The few on the fence over CCB's. Today I only wish both of mine had CCB's. The amount of time it cost me to wash the brake dust constantly would have been worth 9g's. Neither of mine will likely ever see a race track either.

Did I just fall into the Porsche forum? :rolleyes: Is this Rennlist now? ;) Are we going to spend $9K just to avoid a little bit of washing? :unsure:

I'm with Todd. Ceramic doesn't do diddly for me on wheels, and to properly obtain and maintain your OCD badge, those barrels must be clean enough to eat off of. Out of. Hmmm. Not sure how to prepare food on a barrel, but I think you get my point. Except that I'm not with Todd, because I'm too cheap to buy those things, the CCBs.

I would venture a guess that the whole reason these cars are being delayed, including the online configurator and orders/production, is that there were so many left over 2024 models sitting on the lot.

"Many", seriously? Where? Or are they still sitting on the lot because no one is going to pay ADM?

But really, how much of a market is there for $100K ridiculously over-powered cars that get lousy gas mileage? We're a weird bunch here.

"Many", seriously? Where? Or are they still sitting on the lot because no one is going to pay ADM?

But really, how much of a market is there for $100K ridiculously over-powered cars that get lousy gas mileage? We're a weird bunch here.

10 at my local dealer.. I have zero idea if that's impacting anything but there's 10 sitting there none the less. No dealer markup last time I was there.

Last edited:
Did I just fall into the Porsche forum? :rolleyes: Is this Rennlist now? ;) Are we going to spend $9K just to avoid a little bit of washing? :unsure:

Not quite as fancy as the Porsche forum but absolutely worth it. Fully loaded BW5s push 130k. If 9k additional is a complete deal breaker, the BW might not be for you. Call me a snob with that mentality, not offended.

There are 2 dealers within 15 minutes of me with 6 to choose from. I'm sure there are more dealers farther away with options too.

It very quickly went from a shortage to a surplus once the interest rates went up and everybody got their first blackwing

Speaking of 25 options, I’m in a 24’ XT4 loaner at the moment with one of them new screens. Not digging it at all. Lots of wasted real estate when using CarPlay or reverse cam. Not sure if it’s the option load out or what.. Also, since the screen is right behind the steering wheel and not recessed into the dash, perhaps even the screen angle, I can’t see much of the screen info when driving…

Is the 25’ CT5BW rocking the same screen? What are the benefits besides being a long screen?

Attachments

• IMG_6395.jpeg
    IMG_6395.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6394.jpeg
    IMG_6394.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I'll throw in that if you change all of that stuff, there is (or at least should be) a fair amount of R&D as well as real world testing to make sure that it all works. That costs something. And then more testing to make sure that you didn't break anything else (what we call regression testing).

I'm with Todd. Ceramic doesn't do diddly for me on wheels, and to properly obtain and maintain your OCD badge, those barrels must be clean enough to eat off of. Out of. Hmmm. Not sure how to prepare food on a barrel, but I think you get my point. Except that I'm not with Todd, because I'm too cheap to buy those things, the CCBs.

Come on man. You can never have too much power and mine cruises all day at 85 MPH getting 24 MPG. Pure ‘murica

Speaking of 25 options, I’m in a 24’ XT4 loaner at the moment with one of them new screens. Not digging it at all. Lots of wasted real estate when using CarPlay or reverse cam. Not sure if it’s the option load out or what.. Also, since the screen is right behind the steering wheel and not recessed into the dash, perhaps even the screen angle, I can’t see much of the screen info when driving…

Is the 25’ CT5BW rocking the same screen? What are the benefits besides being a long screen?
Screen is the same but based on the demos I've seen on YT, they have much larger views of of the cameras and car play takes up the whole screen on the right.

Not quite as fancy as the Porsche forum but absolutely worth it. Fully loaded BW5s push 130k. If 9k additional is a complete deal breaker, the BW might not be for you. Call me a snob with that mentality, not offended.

There are 2 dealers within 15 minutes of me with 6 to choose from. I'm sure there are more dealers farther away with options too.

Four dealers in my immediate area, only 1 BW for sale, and it's over $130K MSRP. No idea what it's "selling" for, but it's at a dealer that's notorious for marking up their products.

So, YMMV, etc. of course it's different everywhere...

And no, you're not a snob, it's a valid point. I was just poking fun at people who don't enjoy washing their cars like I do.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom