Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Who Wants the First Corsa CT5-V Blackwing Exhaust System?

The system uses Corsa's own valves but it uses the OEM actuator/electronic plug-in to the valve so they function completely like stock.

And yes, the control of the modes is unchanged from stock. The 'mode' button in the center console, V Mode button on the steering wheel, and "my mode" work flawlessly. I have put over 1000 miles on my car since getting it back and have had 0 issues, CEL, etc,
💸💸💸 (from my wallet) 🤑

The system uses Corsa's own valves but it uses the OEM actuator/electronic plug-in to the valve so they function completely like stock.

And yes, the control of the modes is unchanged from stock. The 'mode' button in the center console, V Mode button on the steering wheel, and "my mode" work flawlessly. I have put over 1000 miles on my car since getting it back and have had 0 issues, CEL, etc,
Actually, just noticing you are in Michigan. Wish I knew that as I was just there all of last week with the family and my 5BW for our annual trip to my relatives who have a cottage on Big Lake (northern MI in Sears/Evart).

Well I think I know the first thing I'm buying when I get a 2025.

I wont have to put the rear seats down anymore!

Someone posted a video on Facebook of their car before and after adding a DSX Tuning blower lid. It added the perfect amount of whine.
That works for sure. You can also just remove the factory's internal baffle and it won't cost you any money.

Just removing that one metal plate will help with whine?
There’s three plates in the 5BW LT4 lid (at least mine did), I removed them and tried it out. Whine was def more noticeable but wasn’t near as pronounced as the MSI lid I went with. I think it came down to the thickness/density of the metal used, cast versus billet aluminum.

Attachments

• IMG_5635.jpeg
    IMG_5635.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_5636.jpeg
    IMG_5636.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I removed the plates on mine...I personally wouldn't call the difference substantial (at least as measured from inside the car). I would say the noise went from non-existent to slight at high RPM. The difference from the plates removed in the BW to what the V3 sounds like from inside the car is substantial.

I removed the plates on mine...I personally wouldn't call the difference substantial (at least as measured from inside the car). I would say the noise went from non-existent to slight at high RPM. The difference from the plates removed in the BW to what the V3 sounds like from inside the car is substantial.
This was my experience as well; hence why I went with the aftermarket lid. The whine now IS substantial. ;)

Corsa CT5-V Blackwing Exhaust Systems are Now Available for Pre-Order!

These highly anticipated products will give your CT5-V Blackwing the sound it deserves, while also retaining the factory valve system to keep your neighbors happy.

Customers can choose to purchase the full cat-back system, or the double x-pipe or axle-back separately. The system is modular, so you can opt to purchase one section at a time. There are also different exhaust tip options: slash polished, slash black chrome, straight polished carbon fiber, or straight black chrome carbon fiber.

Pictured are the slash polished and straight polished carbon fiber tips. Please visit CT5-V Blackwing Exhaust System Archives - Tapout Tuning for more information, photos, and video which showcases the incredible sound!

Attachments

• 1 CT5-V Blackwing slash polished 1.jpg
    1 CT5-V Blackwing slash polished 1.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 2 CT5-V Blackwing polished 2.jpg
    2 CT5-V Blackwing polished 2.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 3 CT5-V Blackwing carbon polished 1.jpg
    3 CT5-V Blackwing carbon polished 1.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 49
  • 4 CT5-V Blackwing carbon polished 2.jpg
    4 CT5-V Blackwing carbon polished 2.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 49
  • 5 underside 1.jpeg
    5 underside 1.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 53
Awesome! Do we know if these are 3"? Also, are they available in Sport and Xtreme?

Thank you. Corsa historically has offered their exhausts in 2 volume levels - Sport (loud) and Xtreme (REALLY LOUD). I would prefer Sport personally.

Thank you. Corsa historically has offered their exhausts in 2 volume levels - Sport (loud) and Xtreme (REALLY LOUD). I would prefer Sport personally.
Hey thanks for your patience! I just confirmed that if you purchase the Cat-Back system, it is the Extreme mufflers. If you order the Axle-Back system it is the Sport mufflers.

Hey thanks for your patience! I just confirmed that if you purchase the Cat-Back system, it is the Extreme mufflers. If you order the Axle-Back system it is the Sport mufflers.
That’s interesting. I plan on going with cat back. But the Tapout website doesn’t say anything about different mufflers depending on the exhaust. I thought both systems were the same.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back