Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Who Wants the First Corsa CT5-V Blackwing Exhaust System?

As I think I've mentioned elsewhere, I prefer the sound of straight through vs chambered mufflers. It's not that the 5BW doesn't already sound pretty darned good, but I know that a Corsa Sport catback would probably be about perfect.

Now if we could only get just a little bit of blower whine . . . THAT would be perfection!

As I think I've mentioned elsewhere, I prefer the sound of straight through vs chambered mufflers. It's not that the 5BW doesn't already sound pretty darned good, but I know that a Corsa Sport catback would probably be about perfect.

Now if we could only get just a little bit of blower whine . . . THAT would be perfection!
Someone posted a video on Facebook of their car before and after adding a DSX Tuning blower lid. It added the perfect amount of whine.

Yes, but imagine the Corsa catback....with the seats down and windows open.
I’ve always been into aftermarket exhausts, guess I’m just getting old and don’t care about modding much anymore. If I need to replace my exhaust for some reason will go aftermarket for sure.

I love the sound of a nice engine with a good exhaust. I just hope people use their exhaust system responsibly.

Is yours an automatic or manual? In an earlier post, it was stated automatics tend to be louder than the manuals. If that’s the case, it would explain why my manual is not that loud.
It’s a manual. Its loud af

I’ve always been into aftermarket exhausts, guess I’m just getting old and don’t care about modding much anymore. If I need to replace my exhaust for some reason will go aftermarket for sure.

I love the sound of a nice engine with a good exhaust. I just hope people use their exhaust system responsibly.

Define "responsibly".....

For what it's worth, my average MPG has gone down by 2 mpg since installing this exhaust. So I would say that I'm responsibly doing my part to unleash more Bald Eagle noises.

I will ensure I responsibly test out the entire decibel range of any new exhaust, repeatedly. For science.

similar, but equally informative. Naturally I bought the one with the highest HP promise smh and it may be quieter than stock. On the other hand DSX LID adds more whine for sure.

So I picked up my 5BW from Corsa yesterday.
1. The Corsa team is awesome and really took of the car and exhaust.
2. The pictures and video don’t do it justice.
3. It’s the perfect mix. Betweeen valves open and closed. Valves open and it will compete if not destroy with any mopar or mustang out there. It’s ridiculous. And when the valves closed. You could pull in to any church service you wanted and be completely respectable.

Attachments

• IMG_5795.jpeg
    IMG_5795.jpeg
    989.5 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_5794.jpeg
    IMG_5794.jpeg
    888.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_5792.jpeg
    IMG_5792.jpeg
    1,002.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_5796.jpeg
    IMG_5796.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_5783.jpeg
    IMG_5783.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 97
So I picked up my 5BW from Corsa yesterday.
1. The Corsa team is awesome and really took great care of the car and exhaust.
2. The pictures and video don’t do it justice.
3. It’s the perfect mix. Between valves open and closed. Valves open and it will compete if not destroy with any mopar or mustang out there. It’s ridiculous. And when the valves closed. You could pull in to any church service you wanted and be completely respectable. questioned the round vs square tip.
I also questioned the square vs round tip. But as I walked up to the vehicle the tips are awesome. They are 4.5 inch each. And fill the the void perfectly. Again pictures don’t do it justice.

Last edited:
I also questioned the square vs round tip. But as I walked up to the vehicle the tips are awesome. They are 4.5 inch each. And fill the the void perfectly. Again pictures don’t do it justice.
Looks good. Can’t wait to hear it. Any idea when the exhaust will be released?

I think those tips look awesome! Really looking forward to pricing and availability. I hope they make a Sport version because I'm not sure I want an Xtreme.

Damn, when’s its gonna be available for order!! Is it a full replacement and new valves (or existing valves?) and does it get cut into the stock muffler like the Kooks? Price?

1.Guys we’re shooting for end of June. But looks like July for sure.
2. It’s a bolt on. No cutting required.
3. Mine is cat back. So double x mid pipe into the exhaust. It is valved. And the difference is amazing. I can’t believe how quiet and respectable the closed sound is.
4. They used my valves for the new exhaust but it’s a prototype. I do not think you will be using any part of your old exhaust.
5. I’ll post some more pictures of the setup and some sound clips in the following days.

This sounds very close to the fully open Borla on my 94 Trans Am which I absolutely love - especially that rumble at idle. This might finally get me over the line.

I presume that if they retained your stock valves, then you still have full control via the touch screen including it remembering your desired setting in My Mode?

This sounds very close to the fully open Borla on my 94 Trans Am which I absolutely love - especially that rumble at idle. This might finally get me over the line.

I presume that if they retained your stock valves, then you still have full control via the touch screen including it remembering your desired setting in My Mode?

The system uses Corsa's own valves but it uses the OEM actuator/electronic plug-in to the valve so they function completely like stock.

And yes, the control of the modes is unchanged from stock. The 'mode' button in the center console, V Mode button on the steering wheel, and "my mode" work flawlessly. I have put over 1000 miles on my car since getting it back and have had 0 issues, CEL, etc,

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom