Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Ouch!!!

How is it possible for a used car to have 8 miles on the odometer. Mine was new and had 6 or 7 miles which seems pretty common based on my experience.
There is one on FB right now with 7 miles, used. It's gold and one of the SE's. I think he's asking 145!

There is one on FB right now with 7 miles, used. It's gold and one of the SE's. I think he's asking 145!
Of course, a flipper. But those guys usually try to make money, not lose money.

I wonder the same thing. I've seen used SUV's on dealers websites being sold as used with 10, 20, 50 even 200 miles. I know years ago if a vehicle was damaged in transit or on their lot, some manufacturers made dealers sell it used.

I wonder the same thing. I've seen used SUV's on dealers websites being sold as used with 10, 20, 50 even 200 miles. I know years ago if a vehicle was damaged in transit or on their lot, some manufacturers made dealers sell it used.
I had that thought, body damage or maybe some major mechanicals replaced. One thing for sure if it was bought from a dealer they would sell it as new if they could.

I totally expect I’m going to lose money going into every car purchase. Sometimes I’m pleasantly surprised like with my e39 m5 and r8 but exceptions don’t brake the rule haha

I always understood that as long as the car was never registered with plates and insurance, it would be considered "new".
That's my understanding as well. The dealership can drive it around all that they want to and still sell it as new with much more miles than these used ones that we're talking about.

Years ago there was a dealership that I did business with that refused (in principle) to mark up any new car over MSRP. In one case, they sold the car as new at MSRP and then immediately bought it back from the buyer (at a profit to the buyer) and then sold it at market price (i.e. over MSRP) as a used car. That's pretty rare these days (dealers not screwing us) so I don't know if that was what went on here.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom