Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Used Value Trend

I really appreciate all of the feedback, it was instrumental in my decision to sell to Carvana.
Sorry you had to sell, but glad the outcome was to your liking.

Go check out the 392 Wranglers. Top 3 most fun car I have every owned.
Agreed, look at some comparison reviews/videos of Bronco and Wrangler. There’s a clear winner. And talk about aftermarket, it’s endless.

Go check out the 392 Wranglers. Top 3 most fun car I have every owned.
Yes, I have, but wife drives a SRT/392 Durango, so I'm looking for something a little different. I like the looks of the Bronco/Wildtrak, so I'm leaning more towards that.

I had a new 2018 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2. Bought it in Oct 2018 for $43,000 out the door. When I was told that I got my allocation for my 2022 CT5-V Blackwing , I had to get rid of something because I wanted a substantial down payment to put down when the BW arrived. I reached out to the big 3 (CarMax, Carvana and Auto Lenders). Autolenders won out and gave me a check for $40,000 on a 3.5 year old truck with 19,000 miles on her (mint condition). I added another 10k and put down a $50k deposit on my BW and my 5 year payments are still $760 per month.
I found my truck for sale at a Pennsylvania dealership asking $43,995. I had also traded in my 2016 Suburban for a 2022 Kia Telluride. After negotiations I got basically $18500 for trade and saved $2000 on tax ($20500). I found my suburban at the same Pennsylvania dealership selling for $30,000 !!! I took a bath on that deal.

I found my suburban at the same Pennsylvania dealership selling for $30,000 !!! I took a bath on that deal.

No you didn't. They're asking 30, that doesn't mean that they'll get it (or got it). That's pretty, um... cheeky for an 8 year-old Chevy.

Of course, dealers are in it to make money, and so we shouldn't be surprised. However, of the last 5 BMW cars/SUVs that I sold to dealers, they only made a profit on two of them. So sometimes we (consumers) do OK.

I went to my local dealer to get a trade estimate for my loaded 22 5BW with everything except sunroof. They offered me $70k and the ‘25 with precision pack would be over 140K out the door.

I went to my local dealer to get a trade estimate for my loaded 22 5BW with everything except sunroof. They offered me $70k and the ‘25 with precision pack would be over 140K out the door.
Im Not No Way GIF

Cadillac executive have priced this car out of the market! Our 24 6 sp listed 124000 + tax tags 130 + almost backed out, instead it sits in garage while we take our 22 auto on every trip!

Yeah, the 2022 cars were priced where they should have been and 2023 and later price increases were too much! At the new price levels with similar options, it opens up to more choices with other brands.

I'm sure the pricing strategy was very intentional; get some lower margin examples to market, get the froth going, then commence with huge MSRP increases and ridiculous option pricing (looking at you precision package). I still think its great car and worth whatever you're willing/able to pay.

What I don't think is a great idea is existing 5BW owners buying the exact same car at a higher price. This car is already an irrational purchase, but the massive transaction and opportunity costs of buying the same depreciating asset twice is way outside of my financial discipline.

I had a similar experience with a NoVA dealer when inquiring about trade. Low 70s, and they'll turn around and put it up for 88-92k.

I'm sure the pricing strategy was very intentional; get some lower margin examples to market, get the froth going, then commence with huge MSRP increases and ridiculous option pricing (looking at you precision package). I still think its great car and worth whatever you're willing/able to pay.

What I don't think is a great idea is existing 5BW owners buying the exact same car at a higher price. This car is already an irrational purchase, but the massive transaction and opportunity costs of buying the same depreciating asset twice is way outside of my financial discipline.

MSRP increases were right in line with inflation. The 2022 5BW was released in 2021 at 84k base price. 84k in 2021 is now worth 97k today. That's where the 2025 model starts.

MSRP increases were right in line with inflation. The 2022 5BW was released in 2021 at 84k base price. 84k in 2021 is now worth 97k today. That's where the 2025 model starts.
With that logic you’d think the used prices on these cars would’ve held up better. Having a 3 year old car worth half what a new one costs is a tough pill.

Ok, that still doesn't make it a "good" decision. For most people their income didn't pace with inflation and their savings have less buying power. If you understand the affects in epic inflation it only compounds the terrible decision to sell the '22 in inflated 2024 dollars. That $80k used price is more like $68k in 2022 dollars when the buyer locked up his money in that car. Inflation took away buying power forever, just because the rate is lower doesn't mean we're recapturing the value of the dollar, the bleeding is just less.

I wouldn't be making this point if the car was majorly refreshed, but its the same dam car.

With that logic you’d think the used prices on these cars would’ve held up better. Having a 3 year old car worth half what a new one costs is a tough pill.

The market is finally normalizing. I picked up my C5 Z06 for about half the price of a new one, and it was only 3 years old at the time.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back