Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Used Value Trend

Doesn't seem to be helping the 5.
;shrug
I don't know about that. They seem to be doing quite well to me. I do feel there is a disconnect between what people think used cars with 20k miles are worth, and what they actually are worth. But even the "actually are worth" number is quite good, IMO, especially compared to other cars.

I don't know about that. They seem to be doing quite well to me. I do feel there is a disconnect between what people think used cars with 20k miles are worth, and what they actually are worth. But even the "actually are worth" number is quite good, IMO, especially compared to other cars.
I am seeing roughly 15% depreciation for both the blackwings (Both 2023s, both lightly specced)
Both 23's manuals with under 10k miles CT4 is worth about 55K trade in(65K MSRP) and the CT5 is worth around 85K trade in(100K MSRP).

All I'm saying is the 4 is not doing any worse than the 5. Now if we get to those 80k+ MSRP CT4's- that's a whole other story.

I am seeing roughly 15% depreciation for both the blackwings (Both 2023s, both lightly specced)
Both 23's manuals with under 10k miles CT4 is worth about 55K trade in(65K MSRP) and the CT5 is worth around 85K trade in(100K MSRP).

All I'm saying is the 4 is not doing any worse than the 5. Now if we get to those 80k+ MSRP CT4's- that's a whole other story.
Fair enough. I generally feel the asking prices on both models is too high, especially on our forum.

We are over due for a leveling. Covid pricing was an anomaly that no one should have expected to stick. Owning a 4 and a 5 this concerns me none as I didn’t purchase either of them as investments.

respectfully disagree. having dealt with a dozens of different dealerships over the past couple weeks on trading in my 4bw and making offers on 5bw's the market is def softer on the 4's than 5's. i've not seen any 5 that's depreciated more than 10% within my area (only looking at manuals) whereas I just took 13% depreciation on a 2025 model year 4bw

respectfully disagree. having dealt with a dozens of different dealerships over the past couple weeks on trading in my 4bw and making offers on 5bw's the market is def softer on the 4's than 5's. i've not seen any 5 that's depreciated more than 10% within my area (only looking at manuals) whereas I just took 13% depreciation on a 2025 model year 4bw
Buying is different than selling :)
You should see how much they're going to try to sell your 4BW for.

I have a 2024 with 4k miles that I absolutely love, but would sell it if I could only take a 13% depreciation on it. It's an $84k MSRP manual and would sell in a heartbeat for $73k lol. Not because I want to get rid of it, but because I could use that money for some other things right now.

I have a 2024 with 4k miles that I absolutely love, but would sell it if I could only take a 13% depreciation on it. It's an $84k MSRP manual and would sell in a heartbeat for $73k lol. Not because I want to get rid of it, but because I could use that money for some other things right now.
Maybe you could stage a money bet race with a new Prius. They always seem to want to race me lately...

I bought a base 2022 4BW M6 with only performance steering wheel, red calipers and red seat belts. $61k msrp. Only 6,300 miles and the trade-in offers are between $46k-$48k. This car is way too good to let go for $47k.

I bought a base 2022 4BW M6 with only performance steering wheel, red calipers and red seat belts. $61k msrp. Only 6,300 miles and the trade-in offers are between $46k-$48k. This car is way too good to let go for $47k.
You and I have been long term proponents of low option/no option blackwings(particularly ct4).

The ct4 blackwing value proposition disappears after 70k at the very most. At msrp prices less than that used values are just fine.

You and I have been long term proponents of low option/no option blackwings(particularly ct4).

The ct4 blackwing value proposition disappears after 70k at the very most. At msrp prices less than that used values are just fine.
Agreed, when I was purchasing I was drawn to a loaded orange 4BW with M6 for about $74k at the time but I knew I would regret it 18 months later once the honeymoon wore off and I start looking for my next car.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom