Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Track rats rejoice!

I do think this is an outstanding package for guys who really track the cars. I'm not in that camp, but clearly many of you push these beasts as they should be. Gotta credit Cadillac for evolving the CT5-V Blackwing as far as they can.

Or just buy all or some of the parts, if GM will let us? Magride reprogramming would be a hurtle.

I would be interested in what these changes do for the track times and how it does on the skidpad and slalom. Maybe R&T could do another test for the 2025. Would anyone be willing to bet it would not do that much unless tire changes were included?

I saw a 2025 sport at the dealer on Monday and that front end is nowhere near as handsome as the first gen.

Last edited:
Sounds like multiple calibration updates including steering and suspension. I bet changing out all the bushings would be hard. Add in the new PDR and I’m looking to understand what it would cost me to upgrade.

With the CCB's, I'll guess $15,000....I read the Cup2 tires might not be included, so $13,500?

If this speeds the depreciation of garage queen pre-facelift versions... I am all for it (sorry guys).
Spoken like a true CT4-V Blackwing owner!! 🤣

Just kidding, 4 is an awesome car, I too owned one (only as a stop gap though) while waiting my 5. Different machines entirely, pick the one that suits your preferences.

I really don't care how much the original 5s depreciate. I don't track it, or at least at the level to ever appreciate what guys like poor-sha can. The new package looks killer for track guys, but I much rather have both the exterior and interior of a 22-24. I'm still shocked they did nothing to the back end on the refresh. It is worst on the side view, where it looks like 2 different cars front and back.

Curious if it includes Cup 2s or of its just an optional tire from the factory.

I'm going to assume 99% of the performance gain over a car without this package is just going to be from the Cup2s and the additional negative camber if it includes Cup2s.

I would assume the suspension and steering change will just result in a more connected driving experience (which is actually my favourite part about this package) but won't do much for lap times. I wouldn't use the extra negative camber since it requires swapping out the arms and I definitely don't want Cup 2s for a street car.

If its anything like the Corvette's Z07 package, the cost of which actually isn't that much if you took away the required optional equipment of CCBs and aero, I would assume this will cost maybe 2k over CCBs so 11k for the package.

Its a lot of little things but they shouldn't cost an arm and a leg together bundled together minus the CCBs.

Last edited:
Spoken like a true CT4-V Blackwing owner!! 🤣

Just kidding, 4 is an awesome car, I too owned one (only as a stop gap though) while waiting my 5. Different machines entirely, pick the one that suits your preferences.

I really don't care how much the original 5s depreciate. I don't track it, or at least at the level to ever appreciate what guys like poor-sha can. The new package looks killer for track guys, but I much rather have both the exterior and interior of a 22-24. I'm still shocked they did nothing to the back end on the refresh. It is worst on the side view, where it looks like 2 different cars front and back.
I'm with you on not caring about depreciation but others on the board disagree. I'm approaching 20k miles on my 4, it's my daily, I love it, and I would do the same with a 5 should I ever make the upgrade.

It's also tempting to just join the rodeo on a '25 with this package now that I've ironed out the things that prevented me from buying a 5 in the first instance (namely, hoarding cash for a house purchase, now completed).

To fully exploit the extra grip you're going to need more spring to support the lateral load. Stiffer bushings will yield better feel, better feel yields more driver confidence, more driver confidence yields faster lap times. The only way to get enough rear camber is to go with different rear toe links, they've done this from the factory.

Last edited:
If this speeds the depreciation of garage queen pre-facelift versions... I am all for it (sorry guys).
You feelin "left out on the cold" alone in your grief? Misery seeks company LOL! Sorry guys! Shots fired!

;)

Last edited:
Just when I thought I was out … they pull me back in. 😂

Hopefully order banks will open soon with this announcement.
Who you kiddin', you were never out! Just patiently waiting...

;)

It's a niche package for a narrow spectrum of buyers and even a more narrow spectrum of resale buyers that want a track rat on the used market. I think its fine if someone has a bunch of miles on a BW, everyone has a different use case. I'm preserving my 5BW for me, not part of my broader retirement strategy. Not sure why you're wishing for lessor outcomes for others.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom