Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Squeaking noise when pulling away from a stop or throttle at low RPM

CT5-V Model
I've got the same issue on my 2023 CT5BW, MN6. It happens when starting out from a stop and you can hear the squeal when gear/clutch is engaged and rpm's are low (near 1000) and you accelerate. You can't hear it when the windows are up...too insulated and thick glass. I brought it the dealer a few months after taking ownership. Dealer said "fixed." I get it back and they totally missed it! I wrote a nasty review and the dealer reached out to bring it back. Now, after reading this, not sure if there's a fix. It sounds embarrassing. Shouldn't be happening to a car of this caliber. And, I keep hearing on other diesel forums of the excuse of "that's normal." In other words, we don't know and don't want to spend the time to figure it out.

I've got the same issue on my 2023 CT5BW, MN6. It happens when starting out from a stop and you can hear the squeal when gear/clutch is engaged and rpm's are low (near 1000) and you accelerate. You can't hear it when the windows are up...too insulated and thick glass. I brought it the dealer a few months after taking ownership. Dealer said "fixed." I get it back and they totally missed it! I wrote a nasty review and the dealer reached out to bring it back. Now, after reading this, not sure if there's a fix. It sounds embarrassing. Shouldn't be happening to a car of this caliber. And, I keep hearing on other diesel forums of the excuse of "that's normal." In other words, we don't know and don't want to spend the time to figure it out.
I was told normal by the dealer as well. Honestly, I have gotten use to it now at 1500 miles.

Also, on cold start, I get the same squealing for about 20 seconds and then goes away...seems like waiting for oil to get around the system? probably more of the, "that's normal" prognosis.

I was told normal by the dealer as well. Honestly, I have gotten use to it now at 1500 miles.
i have about 3300 miles logged, but will keep an ear open for it to get worse. i guess piece of mind that i have the warranty...but, just annoying and embarrassing. my 99 corvette never did this!

Also, on cold start, I get the same squealing for about 20 seconds and then goes away...seems like waiting for oil to get around the system? probably more of the, "that's normal" prognosis.
Happens on cold start? You sure it isn't your exhaust valves or some sort of exhaust resonance? I had a ford lightning way back in the day that would squeal only on cold start that ended being exhaust noise. The tech loosened up the exhaust, ran the vehicle up to temp, and then moved the exhaust by hand and retightened. No more squeal. The squeal/hum was some odd resonance sound from the exhaust.

The dealer thought the squealing was the exhaust and they adjusted something, but the cold start squealing is still there for a few seconds....then quiets downs/ disappears.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom