Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

New CT5-V Blackwing Owner - First thoughts and impressions

I LOVE ECR!!!

I didn't buy the wing to track it but I did take it out for three sessions at COTA this Summer - went to SRF fluid and did the brake vent mod (for cooling). No fade at all. Stock pads. Stock tires. Just a tick over 500 miles on the car. Hit 150+ (maybe 160?) on the back straight and that was braking waaaaay early...out of an abundance of caution....I seriously hate tracking street cars!

BTW - you want NOISE!?!?! You need to ride in my Escalade V - that this is RIDICULOUS!! LOL!! And it's stock.
Just over 500 miles? 🫣

Just over 500 miles? 🫣
Yep!! Broke it in on the way down there LOL!!! I just bought it a few weeks prior and due to my travel schedule I had to MAKE time to put some miles on it!! But I made sure it had over 500 before I put it on track...

Yep!! Broke it in on the way down there LOL!!! I just bought it a few weeks prior and due to my travel schedule I had to MAKE time to put some miles on it!! But I made sure it had over 500 before I put it on track...

LOL, yeah, I've done that a few times myself. I'm not tracking the BW, but on other cars.

My briefest was admittedly on a used car (already broken in) but I picked it up on the way to the track, trailered it to a shop for new tires and an oil change, and then continued (trailering) onto the track. So the only familiarity I had with the car was a brief test drive before I bought it. And driving it off of the trailer...

LOL, yeah, I've done that a few times myself. I'm not tracking the BW, but on other cars.

My briefest was admittedly on a used car (already broken in) but I picked it up on the way to the track, trailered it to a shop for new tires and an oil change, and then continued (trailering) onto the track. So the only familiarity I had with the car was a brief test drive before I bought it. And driving it off of the trailer...

I hear that! Somewhat similar - I bought a new Trans Am TA2 Mike Cope Chassis Camaro a few years back for both club and pro racing...it's not like these are just cranked out on a daily basis...all custom build off the Cope chassis...the plan was to have several test weekends before race season...but that turned into a fitting session in MN (where the team was located) and driving for the first time on a race weekend (season opener) at Homestead Miami on the Roval...joy! LOL I had four 25 minute sessions on test day to get up to speed and figure out the spring splits, what the car needed, what I needed, etc...setting it up for NASCAR 4 was the most important part of the equation...stomping on the brakes HARD at 165 MPH into T1 to the infield was an "eye opener" for sure...whee! Actually used the partial rotation of that to my advantage. Ended up podiuming twice that weekend. Adapt and overcome!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom