Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

It's been a year now

I agree with what you are saying, and it is helpful to hear it from somebody else other than the voice in the back of my head. I bought a gorgeous Audi R8 2 years ago and planned to keep it forever because I love the sound of a V10. Once I sat in it and drove it for a little bit, I found that my head brushed against the ceiling just a little bit. No matter how much I set the seat I couldn't get it so that I was in a reasonable position and not touching the ceiling. I was so mad, but there's nothing near me to test drive. After that, I did start flying places to test drive cars to see if I fit in them and was comfortable. I think I will try to see about test driving the Lexus, but I'm also a bit frustrated with Cadillac for not having a new configurator and press pictures of the new blackwing in all of the updated colors.

When I did have the 5VBW, I loved the transmission, the sound was pretty good, the torque was awesome, and it was comfortable. I didn't love the touch screen setup that seemed a little dated even when new, and the stereo was a little on the disappointing side. The new model obviously has the refreshed touch screen setup, and other than the slight changes to the exterior, it's mostly the same car. I think I would be pretty happy with it, but I think I will at least go test drive a couple cars before I place my order.
didnt know there were other r8 owners in here too! one way to solve the head rubbing issue :)

Attachments

• 1726245167773.png
    1726245167773.png
    19.4 MB · Views: 25
OP, have you ever owned the 2020+ GT500?
this is what i currently drive ( not as much as id like ) , so i am always curious about the 5BW as a better daily and as a comparison. I have recently driven and z06 and it blew my mind but i fear i wouldnt drive that as much as well.

If you have comparisons between these vehicles id love to hear your opinions on it

Sorry, no. Correct me if I am wrong, but the GT500 is only available with an automatic, and that's a deal breaker for me. That's also why I've never considered the C8 Corvette, although it is a fabulous car in every other regard.

I've owned two S550 GT Mustangs with a manual, of course, ;) and it's a really good car let down by the Hertz quality interior bits. No comparison between that and the CT5V-BW although it's not really fair since the BW is more than twice the price.

Sorry, no. Correct me if I am wrong, but the GT500 is only available with an automatic, and that's a deal breaker for me. That's also why I've never considered the C8 Corvette, although it is a fabulous car in every other regard.

I've owned two S550 GT Mustangs with a manual, of course, ;) and it's a really good car let down by the Hertz quality interior bits. No comparison between that and the CT5V-BW although it's not really fair since the BW is more than twice the price.
i dont get the gt500 tbh. follow up to an amazing track car that could outlap most 911's short of a gt3 but for half the price that had a unique fpc engine and great manual gearbox. then you make an automatic only supercharger version that cant put any of its power down

i dont get the gt500 tbh. follow up to an amazing track car that could outlap most 911's short of a gt3 but for half the price that had a unique fpc engine and great manual gearbox. then you make an automatic only supercharger version that cant put any of its power down
Not nearly the same thing but I own an old Mustang - 64 1/2 4 barrel V8 convertible that has been in the family since new and I've owned it since 1984 (57K miles on it now...). Its great fun for what it is and as a Mustang owner I've followed the cars through the years and have a soft spot in my heart for them. I strongly encourage anyone with interest to visit the Shelby Museum in Orange County south of LA.

The GT 350 is the sweet spot IMO...but the GT 500 is certainly a beast....even the recent Mach 1s and the new Dark Horse are very respectable (for what they are) and the 20+ year old Supercharged (once they fixed the HP issues) are legendary. All that being said I couldn't ever see myself owning any of them.

Tried GT350R for 6 months, too track-focused for the street. Cup2R tires are always too cold, or too sticky and throwing stones constantly. Also, 54mph in 1st gear...

Have driven my 2020 GT350R on a 3k mile road trip with 2 days of over 700 miles and zero issues (and it doesn't even have the upgraded stereo). Love that car like no other. I am running PS4S on it, though. The Cup2s are awesome until they arent!

Attachments

• 20230401_165523.jpg
    20230401_165523.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 20
Have driven my 2020 GT350R on a 3k mile road trip with 2 days of over 700 miles and zero issues (and it doesn't even have the upgraded stereo). Love that car like no other. I am running PS4S on it, though. The Cup2s are awesome until they arent!
i miss mine quite often. license plate used to draw a lot of attention
1726584142763.png

I think I've gone through 13 cars in the last 3 years. I've slowed down now because nobody makes the car I want anymore brand new and I'm not willing to pay the current used car prices for anything I do like. Its also finanically irresponsible so If I kept the pace up I'd probably be stuck looking at Camry's in another 3 years. I prefer manual V8 2 seater sports cars as my ideal vehicle of choice.

I liked my Blackwing but I had zero need for the extra doors and I prefered driving my Corvette because I like sitting low. If I needed the 4 doors it would have stayed.

These days since nobody makes what I want brand new I've debated getting back into a manual regardless because I love them but the Blackwing is probably the only new manual car I would consider and the drawbacks would still be there as I have zero need for a car that big.

I also have to deal with winter and in the past I've always kept two cars for that purpose (or 3) but I just never drive the other vehicles much that it makes little sense to pay insurance, maintenance on additional vehicles I hardly drive. A Blackwing would make a poor winter car and I really don't want to buy a second vehicle again.

For now I enjoy my C8 since I put a Borla on it, the only thing its missing is a manual to be perfect. Most of the time the only cars I look at now that interest me are used ones, now much new stuff tickles my fancy anymore.

I think I've gone through 13 cars in the last 3 years. I've slowed down now because nobody makes the car I want anymore brand new and I'm not willing to pay the current used car prices for anything I do like. Its also finanically irresponsible so If I kept the pace up I'd probably be stuck looking at Camry's in another 3 years. I prefer manual V8 2 seater sports cars as my ideal vehicle of choice.

I liked my Blackwing but I had zero need for the extra doors and I prefered driving my Corvette because I like sitting low. If I needed the 4 doors it would have stayed.

These days since nobody makes what I want brand new I've debated getting back into a manual regardless because I love them but the Blackwing is probably the only new manual car I would consider and the drawbacks would still be there as I have zero need for a car that big.

I also have to deal with winter and in the past I've always kept two cars for that purpose (or 3) but I just never drive the other vehicles much that it makes little sense to pay insurance, maintenance on additional vehicles I hardly drive. A Blackwing would make a poor winter car and I really don't want to buy a second vehicle again.

For now I enjoy my C8 since I put a Borla on it, the only thing its missing is a manual to be perfect. Most of the time the only cars I look at now that interest me are used ones, now much new stuff tickles my fancy anymore.
Okay, you piqued my interest, but never said what it was. What car do they not make brand new that you would like to buy?

I've also been through a lot of vehicles the past several years (COVID FOMO, etc.). Two that will remain in my 'permanent' collection are my C6 ZR1 and '22 CT5VBW six-speed #26. The breadth of capability between comfort, performance, fun, and overall drivability are unmatched in the automotive landscape right now IMHO. It can drive grandma and the kids to church in tour mode comfortably and then go out and power slide through a HPDE afternoon or back-road blast after church lets out. It hasn't gotten old 3 years and a month in so far...

I've also been through a lot of vehicles the past several years (COVID FOMO, etc.). Two that will remain in my 'permanent' collection are my C6 ZR1 and '22 CT5VBW six-speed #26. The breadth of capability between comfort, performance, fun, and overall drivability are unmatched in the automotive landscape right now IMHO. It can drive grandma and the kids to church in tour mode comfortably and then go out and power slide through a HPDE afternoon or back-road blast after church lets out. It hasn't gotten old 3 years and a month in so far...
Church can do that to people. :)

This car is so good. This is the first time in a very long time that I get excited to get back into the driver seat of a car. my 991.2 gt3 was kind of like that but after 30 minutes in it I got sick of the ride and the overall loudness of the car. I love that I can drive this car all day while having all the creature comforts (massage, heated cool seats & steering wheel, carplay, rear seats AND trunk space) and I can demolish 90% of the cars on the road and give the last 5% a serious run for their money.

I am also wondering if I should spec out a ct5 bw exactly the way I would want it..

man you guys are really making me firm up my decision to upgrade to the 5. hoping to close a deal on one in mass

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom