Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

It's been a year now

I can only agree. Both cars are great, but very different to drive, much more so than just the sound of the V8 (I happen to think the 4BW TT sounds damn good). It is instant acceleration and torque vs. higher revving. I prefer the former, and will never understand those who say the 5 is too much. I guess if revving over 5k RPM on every gear shift is your thing, then yah, you can really only do that in 1st on the 5 Blackwing before jail time can come into play. But you can also be sitting at 2k RPM in 6th gear and immediately go without the need to downshift. That is why I love the LT4 and 5 Blackwing. The torque is intoxicating.
I totally agree...but I'm so spoiled torque wise with our GTI (and previous Audi) where the torque really hits you in the back and pins you to the seat. The 4 V BW has it (and its more noticeable after the MAF UG)....but it feels so easy and smooth in comparison. Not entirely a bad thing as I do like the linear acceleration characteristic as well...and its also deceptive....you're really moving even if (in comparison to our GTI) it doesn't as much feel as you are...

Okay, you piqued my interest, but never said what it was. What car do they not make brand new that you would like to buy?

A C7 Corvette lol. I want a front engine RWD, 2 seats manual sports car with 8 or more cylinders.

A C7 Corvette lol. I want a front engine RWD, 2 seats manual sports car with 8 or more cylinders.
I have gone back and forth many times about getting a C7 Z06, but never pulled the trigger. You could get the Aston Martin Vantage with a manual transmission, but it's a completely different type of car.

I have gone back and forth many times about getting a C7 Z06, but never pulled the trigger. You could get the Aston Martin Vantage with a manual transmission, but it's a completely different type of car.
Good suggestion...also Jaguar F Type?....though not sure they still offer MT (but nice V8).

The Vantage was the last vehicle to be produced with this format. I really wish they built it for more then two years. They are very very rare.

I loved my C7Z and at this point I would like it back but its difficult to find a car in the spec I want up here in Canada.

Would be a lot easier if there was a new option.

My dream car is a 2017 V12 Vantage S with the dogleg.

Good suggestion...also Jaguar F Type?....though not sure they still offer MT (but nice V8).
Manual was only available on the V6 (which still sounds good). I love F type R's, they sound amazing. Unfortunately the closest dealer is two hours away or I probably would have bought one over my C8.

Isn't there a variant of the mustang with no rear seat?

LOL, yeah, I don't consider it to be a sports car either.

I bought another C6 Corvette, because it's better than a C7. (Yes, I had one of those too.)

There's one for sale (mine) with only 8K miles. If you want a new one, there's one for sale with only 505 miles.

Isn't there a variant of the mustang with no rear seat?

LOL, yeah, I don't consider it to be a sports car either.

I bought another C6 Corvette, because it's better than a C7. (Yes, I had one of those too.)

There's one for sale (mine) with only 8K miles. If you want a new one, there's one for sale with only 505 miles.
My GT350R had no backseats 👍🏼

My GT350R had no backseats 👍🏼
I had the opportunity to drive a Mustang GT350 recently. Sounded FANTASTIC. And you had to rev it (which was fine, it wanted to be revved). So you can have both, V8 and high revving!

By the way, the GT350 owner then drove my 5BW and was stunned by how much torque it had down low, relative to the Mustang.

Reactions: CBH

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back