Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Experience with orders for 2025 CT4-V Blackwing

kevinwc

Hi all,

About a week ago I put in an order for a 2025 CT4-V Blackwing with an east coast Cadillac dealer that had already received and sold 2 CT4-V Blackwings and recently just moved a couple of 2024 CT5-V Blackwings. I was wondering if others around here have ordered in the past couple of months and how that process has been going. Obviously a week out my order has still not been officially accepted by GM at this time.

I'll update my post if/when that changes to hopefully give other potential buyers an estimation for their timeline.

Providing a little detail on my Blackwing for those looking at similar builds:
- 6-speed Manual
- No carbon fiber packages
- No sunroof
- Base seats
- Upgraded steering wheel w/sueded microfiber package
- Deep Space Metallic
- Graphite finish wheels
- Red calipers

Last edited:
Hi all,

About a week ago I put in an order for a 2025 CT4-V Blackwing with an east coast Cadillac dealer that had already received and sold 3-4 2025 Blackwings (two 4's and two 5's). I was wondering if others around here have ordered in the past couple of months and how that process has been going. Obviously a week out my order has still not been officially accepted by GM at this time.

I'll update my post if/when that changes to hopefully give other potential buyers an estimation for their timeline.

Providing a little detail on my Blackwing for those looking at similar builds:
- 6-speed Manual
- No carbon fiber packages
- No sunroof
- Base seats
- Upgraded steering wheel w/sueded microfiber package
- Deep Space Metallic
- Graphite finish wheels
- Red calipers
This does not make sense - production of the 2025 CT5-V BW does not start until next week. It will take months for them to be delivered.

The order books for the 25 CT4-V BW have been open from July IIRC. If your dealer has allocations, I'd imagine the order should have already been picked up. When orders opened for the CT5-VBW a few weeks ago, GM accepted and moved them to status 3400 within a week for those had allocations.

This does not make sense - production of the 2025 CT5-V BW does not start until next week. It will take months for them to be deliver
Sorry, this is my first time through this with these cars. Are you saying that since the CT4-V Blackwings have been open since July, my order should've already been picked up? I put in my order last Friday and as of last check, I still had the 1100 code.

Your 4BW order won't proceed until the dealer has an allocation to use for it.

Sorry, this is my first time through this with these cars. Are you saying that since the CT4-V Blackwings have been open since July, my order should've already been picked up? I put in my order last Friday and as of last check, I still had the 1100 code.

Your 4BW order won't proceed until the dealer has an allocation to use for it.
^^^^^this is correct

If you ordered from a smaller dealer in your state, there's a good chance that they will receive very few allocations, if any. It's best to stick with the larger dealers that move more V inventory - call and ask if they have allocations available. You can then place an order with them and cancel the order you made at your original dealer. If you want to give your original dealer a shot, ask them when they expect to have an allocation become available - if they try telling you that ordering has not started or not yet available, I'd find another dealer.

^^^^^this is correct

If you ordered from a smaller dealer in your state, there's a good chance that they will receive very few allocations, if any. It's best to stick with the larger dealers that move more V inventory - call and ask if they have allocations available. You can then place an order with them and cancel the order you made at your original dealer. If you want to give your original dealer a shot, ask them when they expect to have an allocation become available - if they try telling you that ordering has not started or not yet available, I'd find another dealer.

Thanks. This is the largest Cadillac dealer within quite a distance from me and they seem to get fairly regular allocations. They've received and sold 5-6 Blackwings in the past 4 months and they have another one "In Transit" from the factory now. I figured that was a large enough dealer to get a shot with, but I can call and check in with some of the larger ones up in NY/NJ or down in Virginia.

Appreciate the advice.

btw i personally think you'll regret the 'base seats' decision

Thanks. This is the largest Cadillac dealer within quite a distance from me and they seem to get fairly regular allocations. They've received and sold 5-6 Blackwings in the past 4 months and they have another one "In Transit" from the factory now. I figured that was a large enough dealer to get a shot with, but I can call and check in with some of the larger ones up in NY/NJ or down in Virginia.

Appreciate the advice.
If you're willing to travel a bit, call out O'Rouke Cadillac in Smithtown, NY and ask for Howie.

While the base seats don't look as cool, they are definitely more comfortable than the sport buckets. If you are not tracking the car, some may appreciate the less aggressive bolstering of the base seats for a daily driver. Also figure $3k more for mid-tier, which still lack ventilation and the rear seats don't match. $5500 more for the leather sport buckets with matching rear seats.

I traded a ZL1 with heavy bolstered Recaros. They were cool at first but once the honeymoon wore off they were just a pain in the neck to live with, causing excess wear on the bolsters over time and annoying to climb in and out of. I tested all three seats options on the 4BW before I purchased and the base seats were noticeably more comfortable. I don't regret them at all. That said, If you track the car, then I would at least get the mid-tier buckets to help hold you in place more.

why not just go buy a '25 on the lot somewhere else? that spec doesnt seem impossible
I’m eternally on the lookout for one close enough, and I’ll likely buy the one if it pops up as my dealer didn’t have me put anything down.

I surf the new inventory for the country all the time, really don’t want a sunroof which is often the culprit.

And any reason you say this in particular? I've sat in both & test driven a Blackwing with the upgraded seats. They seemed solid but more of a pro/con sidestep that I'd have to pay $5k for.

Just wait until they start arriving on dealers lots and sit for month after month. You’ll be able to score quite a discount rather than paying full pop and the depreciation hit won’t sting as much

Last edited:
Just wait until they start arriving on dealers lots and sit for month after month. You’ll be able to score quite a discount rather than paying full pop and the depreciation hit won’t sting as much
Sure. With nothing down and probably a 2-3 month wait, I'm going to couch surf the available inventory page quite a bit. I did this song & dance last year a bit, and had very little luck on getting any meaningful discount on a '23/'24 because most of the ones sitting on the lot were the overpriced editions where $10K off was still incredibly overpriced.

And any reason you say this in particular? I've sat in both & test driven a Blackwing with the upgraded seats. They seemed solid but more of a pro/con sidestep that I'd have to pay $5k for.
to me steering wheel and seats are very important part of the character of the car. if they dont match in fit for purpose for what the car is designed for it takes a lot away from the experience. i found the base seats to be very slushy and soft. depends on your frame i suppose but the upgraded seats arent too stiff or tight unless you adjust the side and thigh bolsters to be so. plus they come in two tone leather and ventilation and look way cooler it was a must-have for me

to me steering wheel and seats are very important part of the character of the car. if they dont match in fit for purpose for what the car is designed for it takes a lot away from the experience. i found the base seats to be very slushy and soft. depends on your frame i suppose but the upgraded seats arent too stiff or tight unless you adjust the side and thigh bolsters to be so. plus they come in two tone leather and ventilation and look way cooler it was a must-have for me
Good to know, appreciate the thought. I certainly agree about how they look and the ventilation, both are major plusses. As for the ride, I'm broad in the shoulder and found the upgraded bolsters to be pretty snug on me. I do think if I was going to Track the car regularly it'd be a no-brainer, but it's probably going to be a once a year thing for me with my job's time & travel requirements.

Sure. With nothing down and probably a 2-3 month wait, I'm going to couch surf the available inventory page quite a bit. I did this song & dance last year a bit, and had very little luck on getting any meaningful discount on a '23/'24 because most of the ones sitting on the lot were the overpriced editions where $10K off was still incredibly overpriced.
Obviously, being a sharp buyer is not one of your strong suits. You’re going to have to wait months for a 2025, even if your dealer does come through , all while couch surfing just the same. Enjoy the experience of paying. full pop While watching the depreciation on your car accelerate with every mile driven.

Enjoy!

Obviously, being a sharp buyer is not one of your strong suits. You’re going to have to wait months for a 2025, even if your dealer does come through , all while couch surfing just the same. Enjoy the experience of paying. full pop While watching the depreciation on your car accelerate with every mile driven.

Enjoy!
Haha I've seen you post this elsewhere. Hounding folks on enthusiast forums who don't buy by your definition of optimal is certainly my personal definition of sharp, so kudos.

tmp.gif

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back