Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V 2025 CT4V Blackwing - 1100 Preliminary Order Accepted Today

Cadillac CT4-V model
I mentioned in another thread, but 2025 4BWs are showing up with delivery dates on the Cadillac inventory. I just texted the salesperson locally and he thinks the orders are open. I asked for ordering options.

I mentioned in another thread, but 2025 4BWs are showing up with delivery dates on the Cadillac inventory. I just texted the salesperson locally and he thinks the orders are open. I asked for ordering options.
Today, when I called the dealership with whom I ordered the 2025 4BW last Friday, the sales guy claimed that it has an actual allocation, but didn't provide any evidence of it (like sending me a screenshot showing the status). Hopefully he's being truthful.

Any update on this?

I have been trying to get a dealer to order one, but no luck. It must allocations.

I have an update, but it's not pretty. So, it was built the week of 7/22, as expected. The following week it had a delivery date of 8/5 which didn't seem too bad. But, when 8/5 rolled around, and I asked if the car had been delivered, they checked, and it was listed as delayed, and neither the dealer nor Cadillac Customer Support could say why, or give any estimate of when it might get un-delayed. As the dealer said, "It could be 2 days, or it could be 2 months". I inquired again a week later (8/12, this past Monday), and the dealer said it had a new delivery date of 8/15 (that's today). This afternoon, I called to see if it got delivered, and the answer was no. But the dealer was (news to me) able to check the location of the car via it's GPS tacker (OnStar stuff?). And... it's still sitting in Lansing, Michigan, with no change in status (delivery estimate is still today). So, I guess we're back to maybe 2 days or maybe 2 months. It might be QA issues. It might be missing parts. It might be waiting for shipping to pick it up. It might be something else. Whoever knows, isn't saying.

For me, it's agonizing and frustrating, but with twist. I won't be able to pick the car up for most of Sept. If it gets delivered then, I have no idea what happens. No idea if the dealer will hold it for a month. Or sell it to someone else. Or try to get me to pay for storage. Or use it as a test drive mule. Or something else. I've asked the question, but they haven't answered.

To me, so far, it feels like a pretty sketchy introduction to company I've never bought from before. It's also amazing to me that Cadillac can't (or won't) tell me what's going on. I wouldn't expect answers if this was a $20 widget from Amazon, but for a $70k widget, I think it's reasonable to have higher expectations.

I have an update, but it's not pretty. So, it was built the week of 7/22, as expected. The following week it had a delivery date of 8/5 which didn't seem too bad. But, when 8/5 rolled around, and I asked if the car had been delivered, they checked, and it was listed as delayed, and neither the dealer nor Cadillac Customer Support could say why, or give any estimate of when it might get un-delayed. As the dealer said, "It could be 2 days, or it could be 2 months". I inquired again a week later (8/12, this past Monday), and the dealer said it had a new delivery date of 8/15 (that's today). This afternoon, I called to see if it got delivered, and the answer was no. But the dealer was (news to me) able to check the location of the car via it's GPS tacker (OnStar stuff?). And... it's still sitting in Lansing, Michigan, with no change in status (delivery estimate is still today). So, I guess we're back to maybe 2 days or maybe 2 months. It might be QA issues. It might be missing parts. It might be waiting for shipping to pick it up. It might be something else. Whoever knows, isn't saying.

For me, it's agonizing and frustrating, but with twist. I won't be able to pick the car up for most of Sept. If it gets delivered then, I have no idea what happens. No idea if the dealer will hold it for a month. Or sell it to someone else. Or try to get me to pay for storage. Or use it as a test drive mule. Or something else. I've asked the question, but they haven't answered.

To me, so far, it feels like a pretty sketchy introduction to company I've never bought from before. It's also amazing to me that Cadillac can't (or won't) tell me what's going on. I wouldn't expect answers if this was a $20 widget from Amazon, but for a $70k widget, I think it's reasonable to have higher expectations.
“Always pass on what you have learned.” — Yoda

Your experience was labeled the "goat rodeo" by some OG members here long ago, but it should have been called Jedi School as Yoda has lots of advice relevant to our 1st world "problems". For instance, my order, and many other '23 MY orders we're built in October '22 and did not show up at dealers until February '23. Everything will be fine dude, no one is going to be driving your car or charging you storage.

“Patience you must have my young Padawan.” — Yoda

Hope things break loose soon. I am in the same boat for a non-BW CT5-V, it has been built but still sitting in Lansing with no shipping date...
tic, tic, tic....

The goat rodeo will deliver, eventually. Nothing new here. The original thread on this was nuked a while back but was all about exactly your post over and over from every user here other than the original Master Jedi tall guy @tallsteve.

“Always pass on what you have learned.” — Yoda

Your experience was labeled the "goat rodeo" by some OG members here long ago, but it should have been called Jedi School as Yoda has lots of advice relevant to our 1st world "problems". For instance, my order, and many other '23 MY orders we're built in October '22 and did not show up at dealers until February '23. Everything will be fine dude, no one is going to be driving your car or charging you storage.

“Patience you must have my young Padawan.” — Yoda
I appreciate the advice. Thank you.
Just to be clear, I'm not worried about storage costs or it being driven while the car is in Lansing. I'm worried about what the dealer is going to do if it gets delivered in early Sept, and I tell them, "Great, I'll stop by to pay for it and pick it up in 3-4 weeks."

this happened to my car last year. i eventually cancelled the deposit and moved on after 3 months of waiting. it failed QC paint check apparently and had to go back to the factory. it still never showed up at the dealer so I have no idea what happened to it lol

this happened to my car last year. i eventually cancelled the deposit and moved on after 3 months of waiting. it failed QC paint check apparently and had to go back to the factory. it still never showed up at the dealer so I have no idea what happened to it lol
Well this is interesting. GM is checking paint quality now? When did that start? Seems like a positive development. ;)

Hope things break loose soon. I am in the same boat for a non-BW CT5-V, it has been built but still sitting in Lansing with no shipping date...
tic, tic, tic....
Like others have said, goat rodeo, nothing new. At one point once your car was built you were within 6-12 months of GM sending it to you. 2022 was particularly bad, as I recall.

Following-up... As expected, the car arrived while I was away, so it sat at the dealer for 3 weeks. They were good about it, though. Just over 6 months in the goat rodeo. I've had it for 2 weeks now, and other than having to return to the dealer because they forgot to remove the front suspension spacers, the car has been great. I had the front PPF'd the day after pickup, and just today got the rims ceramic coated, because the brake dust is incredibly bad. I also blacked out the hideous orange marker lights, and it looks much better now. I have 20 minor complaints, but high praise for everything that's important... it's smooth, well-built, handles great, feels great, looks great, and seems like it'll be moderately fast. I say "seems like" because I'm currently being gentle with the pedals while it's still in the break-in period. But it's still great fun to drive, and for me, that's the bottom line.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom