Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

Obviously, there are deals to be had on the oh-so-special edition cars that don’t seem to move. It looks like they account for almost all of the existing 4V inventory. Same thing happened last year with the IMSA cars. I could do without the stickers and the plaque and the story but the carbon packs and seatbacks and the different interior color combos mostly justify the premium.

I pushed to get $11k off of the inflated MSRP on the last day of the quarter. So my carbon exterior bits were free, I guess, which is good because I’m gonna destroy that beautiful front lip in no time. 😬

I was very tempted to order a green/brown 25, though.
I just bought a slightly used ~3800 miles IMSA for what I considered a deal. Unfortunately I haven't followed this thread as close as maybe I should have. You got your IMSA new with 11k off?

I just bought a slightly used ~3800 miles IMSA for what I considered a deal. Unfortunately I haven't followed this thread as close as maybe I should have. You got your IMSA new with 11k off?
No, but I got a similarly-equipped Mondrian Elevation Edition new for that discount and found others for big discounts. Some dealers still think they are special and are holding firm on prices. Others have been sitting on them long enough and were ready to unload them as 25s are coming and it was the end of the quarter. Deals are out there, just might have to be flexible on where you buy.

Last fall, I shopped the remaining Watkins Glen IMSA ones and found/negotiated a couple discounts in the $7-8k range in the northeast but didn’t go thru with it.

Last edited:
No, but I got a similarly-equipped Mondrian Elevation Edition new for that discount and found others for big discounts. Some dealers still think they are special and are holding firm on prices. Others have been sitting on them long enough and were ready to unload them as 25s are coming and it was the end of the quarter. Deals are out there, just might have to be flexible on where you buy.

Last fall, I shopped the remaining Watkins Glen IMSA ones and found/negotiated a couple discounts in the $7-8k range in the northeast but didn’t go thru with it.
Thanks for the feedback. Feeling better now about saving over $15,000 from sticker on a barely used car.

What are folks opinions on discounts on 2024 manual 5BWs that are sitting on the lot for 90+ days? You think 5% off is a reasonable ask?
Curious on this too. I would be all over a specific ct5 if it goes for 5% under msrp. Wonder if gm will bring back supplier pricing for left over 24s.

My local dealer offered $3k without me even asking and these guys were over MSRP a few months back. They are making them faster than they are selling them right now.

rumor miss is the 2025 ct5 BWs are 200 lbs heavier than the last generation due to the larger screens. Just a rumor I’m starting to help my 2023 keep its value. Ha!

rumor miss is the 2025 ct5 BWs are 200 lbs heavier than the last generation due to the larger screens. Just a rumor I’m starting to help my 2023 keep its value. Ha!
Um yah, I'll call BS on the screen adding 200 LBs. I would be surprised if the car is +200, but even if it is, no way it is all from the screen.

I've heard the vertical headlights create lift at over 180mph. 😉

I've been looking at new '23 and '24 CT4-V BW's. The '23 leftovers (there are a few) you can get easily get 10-15% off MSRP. Why some stores are holding on to these blows my mind.... For '24's, I was able to get up to 10% off the ridiculously priced special editions or the stripped down models that nobody wants. The '24's will be 15% off by the Fall.

AFAIK dealers still make more money (%-wise) on options than they do on the base price... so if that still holds true, you are more likely to get a discount on a highly optioned car than on a base model. Of course, even with the discount, you're still going to pay more.

I'm reminded of the tail end of SS production, where GM gave dealers huge (20% IIRC) incentives to move cars. Natch that happened about a month after I bought mine. :hb

AFAIK dealers still make more money (%-wise) on options than they do on the base price... so if that still holds true, you are more likely to get a discount on a highly optioned car than on a base model. Of course, even with the discount, you're still going to pay more.

I'm reminded of the tail end of SS production, where GM gave dealers huge (20% IIRC) incentives to move cars. Natch that happened about a month after I bought mine. :hb
Yep, I traded my 2015 (auto) SS for a 2017 manual. Paid $39k for it. What a bargain.

I remember those SS deals. Almost pulled the trigger but couldn't get over the Malibu looks.

Very similar story for me...I acquired 56-3033 for 12% off MSRP and was very pleased with that...within $5K of what I would have paid to spec one out to my liking. Dealers are willing to move these cars now that they've been on the lot for 6+ months at least (that's for the Elevation edition, add 2-3 months to that for the Arrival and Impact editions). If you're in the market, and you like the Mondrian int/ext color combos and are willing to stretch a bit, there are great vehicles to be had!

I remember those SS deals. Almost pulled the trigger but couldn't get over the Malibu looks.
LOL. I never warmed up to the looks of the SS, although many people said that they thought it looked good, I think they were just being polite.

I had a girl here at work who told other folks that she had raced me coming into work and kicked my butt. True, she kicked my butt, but I didn't know she was wanting to race, I thought she was just driving like a dick. One of my other coworkers asked her if she was sure, and she said "yes, he has that Malibu, and I kicked his butt!". He LOL'd and explained to her that it wasn't a Malibu, and if we had been racing for real, she hadn't a chance.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom