Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Wheels damaged by dealer?

Nepka

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
23 CT5-V 3.0 TT
Just had my set of new forged rims come in on 8/3 Sat and installed on 8/4 Sun, I inspected them and they were perfectly installed. Had dealer maintenance service on 8/6 Tues, I requested them no tire rotations and not to wash the car after the service as I hand wash the car myself. I did not notice damage to the wheels until today 8/8 Thurs, my coworker joked to me that I curbed the rims already and he showed me the spot. They were about an inch long but pretty deep both on the left driver side front and rear wheels. I was super confused as to where it could've been from as I make my turns extra wide because I fear curbing the wheels. After work I immediately checked my SVR and PDR recordings esp the SVR left side recordings to see where it could've been from. I checked the recordings from when it was in service first as I thought maybe it came from the dealer rotating my tires even though I requested not to. It didn't appear to be swapped as the tire balancing marking were on the same spot compared to the valve stem. However, I did find that they took it to their car wash, it does seem that in the recording when the driver side wheels dropped down from that little small ramp onto the car wash guide rail it might've damaged it. I took note of that and continued to look through the rest of the recordings through 2x speed. It was only like 3-4 days of recording took me 2 hrs to speed through them all. My conclusion lead me to that it could've only been damaged in that instance with the car wash.

IMG_1178.jpg
IMG_1179_(1).jpg

Am I too much to request they replace the wheel for me? Tbh I would've been fine with repair only if it just wasn't the fourth day that I had my wheels on. It been on order since May 28th I believe and it's been almost 2 and a half months of me waiting on the wheels for this to happen. On a side note, been a rough week, family just bought a new LYRIQ for my sis from the dealer (8/5 Mon) and some asshole made the turn way too fast and caved in its door just 2 days later (8/7 Wed). Going to be awkward with me showing up basically everyday this week to the dealer with the new car situation and my wheels:confused:. Feedback much appreciated.

Claims2-20183091-0000-CF1A-8A05-53AEA96234D6-1.jpg
Claims2-A0183091-0000-CF18-BEEA-7CE0C02A72E1-1.jpg

The fact that you have a video of the incident and that you asked them (I'm assuming they documented this on intake of the vehicle?) not to rotate the tires or wash the vehicle (which in this case would of avoided the curbing), then yes I think its well within your right to bring it up and request they cover the repair, or replacement depending on if it can't be effectively repaired. I'm always willing to give them the opportunity to make it right, but do it quickly.

I would, however, ensure you get a assessment from a reputable repair facility whom will do top notch work to determine IF it can be repaired so don't get some janky fix.

Normally, once you leave the dealership, you're shit out of luck but, with video evidence, you're in luck.

Update:
Rolled up to the dealer first thing in the morning, the same service advisor/writer was present and had a quick chat about what happened. Just showed him where the damage was and checked the pre-service photos he took. Told me he'll take care of it and send it over to a wheel refurbishment shop (should've asked which one). He didn't even see the vid above and the SD cards with all the recordings when I offered. All in all, it was pretty quick, I think I only arrived at the dealer for 3 min and I was already out. They'll batch the wheel repair along with my other service. I already had scheduled service 8/13-20 (on vacation during the week) over some other problem with the car. All I guess I can do now is pry that it'll turn out nice when I come back from my trip.

How do you guys do this video thing? lol sorry noob here

How do you guys do this video thing? lol sorry noob here
The thread below is awesome for that, I read through that quite a lot also to get it to work in the first few week of ownership:ROFLMAO:. Mainly just the back SVR SD card was giving me problem. Ended up calling it quits formatting into fat32 and just stuck a 32g Samsung card into it.

PSA Regarding CT5 Blackwing SD Cards for PDR and Surround Vision Recorder

SVR (right side of trunk)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09WB35BXS?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

PDR (left of steering wheel)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09WB3D5GQ?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Yes I vaguely remember hearing about this I also found the sd card that did not work and some guy on yt was saying you gotta format lmao I was like ay man yall talking a whole lotta mumbo jumbo, im buying the 32g tomorrow then

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom