Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Waste gate squeak?

White Bread

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'24 CT4-V BW - Cyber Yellow - 6 spd.
Did a quick search and couldn't find anything. Does anyone get a squeaky sound from their passenger side waste gate when they blip the throttle? I've narrowed the sound down to the passenger side WG because it stops doing it when I pull the vacuum line from the intake. Starts again when I reconnect it.

It only does it when the engine warms up and pretty much does it consistently at this point. I've tried to spray the actuator arm with some lithium grease to no avail. I've found a few in the FB groups that have the same issue - one guy had both turbos replaced by Cadillac and it came back.

Mine (if it's the waste gate) is more of a rattle than a squeak, but yes. I had a turbo replaced and noise came back.

Mine (if it's the waste gate) is more of a rattle than a squeak, but yes. I had a turbo replaced and noise came back.
I've heard about the rattle and how you can use washers or throttle body/carb springs to remedy that.

This truly sounds like a mechanical squeak - almost like metal on metal that needs to be lubricated. It's mostly just annoying/embarassing when you go to drive away and start squeaking like a dog toy 😅

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom