Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Spring Mountain Impressions

I've been to SM and I've done a crap-ton of track events. My advice is to stay hydrated - drink lots of water throughout the day even if you don't think you are sweating, you are working a lot harder than you may think you are.

Secondly, come in a day early or stay late if you want to enjoy LV. Otherwise, don't drink/party/stay up the night before and second night there, you want to be well rested.

Third, just listen to the instructors, as others have noted it's not a race, don't worry about the other people, and just have fun!

I am scheduled for November 6-7. I'm really looking forward to this. I've done several driving schools and track days in the past, but it has been almost 20 years since my last track day. I'm sure I won't be anywhere near the fastest since I have a bunch of rust to knock off my driving skills, and I couldn't care less. I'm just thrilled to get back on the track again.

Any tips for me is appreciated! Flying in and renting a car. Never drove on track before. Will be in a Ct4V BW 6 speed
congrats - you will have a blast. It was our (my wife drove as well) first time on a track and we are conservative (like there was never a question upgrading the insurance). If I had a few do-overs, it would be to push past my comfort zone a bit.... the car is WAY more capable than how pushed it. And listen to the instructor's guidance on - this might sound odd - how to turn! They said don't wrap your fingers/thumb around the wheel. Rather, you push with your palms (so to turn right, push hard in and up with your left palm). This pushes you back in the seat. The "street driving" wheel holding position actually pulls your shoulders off the seat. Pretty simple and if I had listened, I'm pretty sure I would have been more confident and faster.

For the rental car - ditch that. Get a Turo (it's an app - basically the VRBO/Airbnb model - people renting their cars)... it will be waiting for you in the parking garage, no bus to take, simple drop off back in the garage when you return. And the best part - you pick the exact car you want.

Add a day or two. We did three - a day early, drove through Death Valley, track, then two days in Vegas. Parump is not a party seen. The club house bar at the track pours a solid country club style drink! Enjoy

Last edited:
When I arrived at the LV airport, I had reserved a Ford Expedition. We get to the desk, after a 30 minute wait in line, and they (Hertz) tells us that the car has not returned yet, that we were supposed to get. Then they said, do we want to just take whatever is available at that time and we ended up with a brand new Toyota Sienna minivan that was also a hybrid. It did only cost me about $30 to top off the fuel after a week. I just needed wheels for 4 people and the luggage.
Highly recommend taking in a Cirque du Soleil show at one of the hotels. "Ka" was a great show at MGM.

When I arrived at the LV airport, I had reserved a Ford Expedition. We get to the desk, after a 30 minute wait in line, and they (Hertz) tells us that the car has not returned yet, that we were supposed to get. Then they said, do we want to just take whatever is available at that time and we ended up with a brand new Toyota Sienna minivan that was also a hybrid. It did only cost me about $30 to top off the fuel after a week. I just needed wheels for 4 people and the luggage.
Highly recommend taking in a Cirque du Soleil show at one of the hotels. "Ka" was a great show at MGM.
I've been wanting to go see that exact show in Vegas for years. I've never been to Vegas before, so maybe if and when I ever get to Spring mountain, I will go see it

We sa
I've been wanting to go see that exact show in Vegas for years. I've never been to Vegas before, so maybe if and when I ever get to Spring mountain, I will go see it
My wife and I saw Cirque du Soleil Beatles during our visit to Vegas after SM. It was great. Though I think the Mirage has closed recently, so not sure if it's still around somewhere else now

The club house bar at the track pours a solid country club style drink! Enjoy

LOL, so I'm at the club house having lunch, and there are other groups there because they'll do Cadillac and Corvette schools and also racing schools and who knows what else all at the same time (it's a big place)... so this guy goes to the bar and gets a drink. The girl asks to see his wrist band (to show that you belong, have signed waivers, etc.) and clips if off his wrist and tosses it away. "WTF?" asks the guy. "Well, you can't drive if you've been drinking," she replies. He has a minor meltdown, because a) he's an idiot and b) he didn't read the waiver and c) he's paid a lot of money to be there. It might have been nice if she had mentioned that before she poured the drink, but that's a topic for another thread.

So yeah, wait until after the event is finished before getting a drink. ;)

We sa

My wife and I saw Cirque du Soleil Beatles during our visit to Vegas after SM. It was great. Though I think the Mirage has closed recently, so not sure if it's still around somewhere else now
I have been to 8 Cirque shows. The Beatles was very good. I don't know where they will move to since the Mirage is slated for demo. There is one that is performed with a huge pool that I still need to see. While in Vegas, the shows are a must see. They have the new "Sphere" that has had some mixed reviews depending upon where you sit.

I have been to 8 Cirque shows. The Beatles was very good. I don't know where they will move to since the Mirage is slated for demo. There is one that is performed with a huge pool that I still need to see. While in Vegas, the shows are a must see. They have the new "Sphere" that has had some mixed reviews depending upon where you sit.
O which is the water show at Bellagio is easily the BEST Cirque show around. I've seen them all, and all are entertaining. You will not be disappointed if you see O. This is the one show that is never discounted, probably because it is the best

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom