Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

I'm out, for now

dinkman

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'25 4BW
Traded the CT4 in this morning, went back to an Audi. While I liked it, it wasn't exciting enough to justify the $75k msrp imo (not looking to start an argument here!).
I wish I'd gotten the 5BW from the get go but hindsight is 20/20 and after Norwood Cadillac screwed me on the one I was trying to get a trade done on, I had no other local options so I'm moving on.

Will keep looking at the classified and auto trader till the right one comes along and I'll be back.
So long for now.

Sorry to see you go brother. 5's are awesome machines. I hope you get one. There are new ones popping up everyday. Hope to see you soon!

Traded the CT4 in this morning, went back to an Audi. While I liked it, it wasn't exciting enough to justify the $75k msrp imo (not looking to start an argument here!).
I wish I'd gotten the 5BW from the get go but hindsight is 20/20 and after Norwood Cadillac screwed me on the one I was trying to get a trade done on, I had no other local options so I'm moving on.

Will keep looking at the classified and auto trader till the right one comes along and I'll be back.
So long for now.
How'd you do on your trade in?

Not sure what your mileage was, but I think you did fine.
2k and yes, i agree. trade in offers were all over the place. one place offered 50k lol. highest offer was from cadillac in norwood but tbh i dont think anything they said was genuine/truthful
i just felt like if i waited any longer it was only going to drop and i might as well get out of it now instead of wait since i'd already decided it wasnt for me

IMG_6314.jpeg

Well, if memory serves, the B9 was only available with the automatic, so there's that. The super-duper-charged V6 is quite nice though, and of course, all of the Audi stuff.

I've never driven the CT4-V-BW so I can't judge. I've owned two Audis though, but that ownership experience was dulled by the lousy service department of my local dealer. Although my B8 (??) S5 was basically problem-free, and was properly equipped with both the V8 and manual transmission, it never stirred my soul.

Well, if memory serves, the B9 was only available with the automatic, so there's that. The super-duper-charged V6 is quite nice though, and of course, all of the Audi stuff.

I've never driven the CT4-V-BW so I can't judge. I've owned two Audis though, but that ownership experience was dulled by the lousy service department of my local dealer. Although my B8 (??) S5 was basically problem-free, and was properly equipped with both the V8 and manual transmission, it never stirred my soul.
yes the b9 is automatic and that was a factor but believe it or not its more exciting under wot than the 4bw was (exhaust note in particular)
the supercharged b8 was great. had a manual one for years. the b9 is very similar but with much better interior

yes the b9 is automatic and that was a factor but believe it or not its more exciting under wot than the 4bw was (exhaust note in particular)
the supercharged b8 was great. had a manual one for years. the b9 is very similar but with much better interior
Really? I test drove one when we were getting our RS3 and the S4 felt very meh. I don't think its anywhere in the league of the blackwing. Felt closer to a regular CT4-V.

I just loved our B5 S4 that we owned up until 3-4 years ago. I wouldn't call it reliable though (opposite of that). Audis seem to have improved in that regard and there is a lot to be said for them (interiors for instance).

I am particularly a fan of the RS3, No MT is a deal breaker for me...but they seem to really respond well to mods. I've seen some wicked later gen modded S4s on the road and played with one a few months back that seemed on par with the 4 V BW at least in terms of power (and did sound better)..

As much as I loved the Audi with its very capable (understatement) Quattro and the absolute wicked power it had....there is no question the 4 V BW is a superior car. Of course its more modern (mostly in good ways) but the chassis is what makes it (more) special.

For all the easy available power mods and gorgeous styling and interiors of the current Audis I just don;t think they can touch what the BW gives for driving pleasure and capability. Still very nice cars and can't fault folks who own and enjoy them. 4 V BW is just a bit more special and generally more rewarding IMO.

Really? I test drove one when we were getting our RS3 and the S4 felt very meh. I don't think its anywhere in the league of the blackwing. Felt closer to a regular CT4-V.
this is a cadillac forum so i'm not going to try and convince anyone but i think the 4bw is a good car, not a great car and certainly not good value at $75k. the manual is its saving grace but the thought of owning something that was going to depreciate $10-20k within a year that wasnt all that special on a day to day basis didnt make sense to me any more. there's tons of other options at that price point
it helped me realize a. cadillac makes good cars and b. i'm a v8 lover at heart so it wasnt a waste but rather a stepping stone to the 5bw, which frankly has just about no comparable.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom