Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealer loyalty not what it used to be.

Utryd

Kwik 4 DR
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 CT5 Blackwing Level 1 & 2 Carbon fiber
My local ex Cadillac dealer, Earnhardt Cadillac located in Scottsdale had a CT5 V Blackwing arriving at place of business the first week of May. I stopped by the Thursday before Easter and discussed this possible purchase with a salesman and also the also the manager, who I have purchased 4 different Cadillac's from, a 2012 Esclade EXT, a 2007 XLR, a 2012 CTSV and also a 2017 CTS-V Sedan.
I was given a trade value for my 2022 CT-5 Blackwing and told the dealer, I would get back in contact with them because I wanted to do financing through my bank as I could get a better interest rate rather than the dealer rate of 9-11 percent.

So Tuesday rolls around and I am approved for the loan through my bank, I email the sales man and tell him I will be back up to the dealer Wednesday morning with cash and also the approval letter from my bank. The sales man responds with, the car has been sold????? WTF I asked him where was the follow up as to if I was still interested in the car that they did not have as of yet. I got no response and have decided that that dealer is one of the biggest pieces of crap and I will never do any business with them again.

So, still very pissed and wanting that car, they are difficult to find and almost impossible to find with the Level 1 and 2 Carbon fiber option. I found one at Arrowhead Cadillac, a dealer I have never been to located in Glenndale, Arizona. So I put on my sleeve less shirt and torn up shorts and headed on over. When I walked into the show room, there was the car, only white in color and that would make it much easier to keep clean. One of the sales man looked and me and gave me the look, this guy is not here to buy anything and a few minutes later when another sales man approached myself and asked if he could be of assistance, I told him I wanted to buy this car, the first sales man looked up with a lost look in his eyes. A lot of sales people go by what your dressed as rather than who you might be. So with that being said, I got good money for my old 2022 CT5V Blackwing and took delivery of my new 2024 several days later. I was looking on their website to see how much they were going to sell my old car for. It was sold in less than 2 days as they are few to be found. My new one, the 2024 arrived the Saturday before Easter, sat in the shop until Monday, had all the dealer stuff done to it and was placed on the showroom floor, Wednesday morning.

Good timing for me, bad luck for Earnhardt Cadillac. It is hard to gain the trust of a repeat customer, but even easier to loose one by not taking care of that customer first. All beware, car dealers are mostly interested in only themselves.

Did they give you your deposit back?

Yeah, if you didn't leave a deposit, they can't exactly be obligated to hold the car for you especially with another buyer standing right in front of them, loyalty aside.

Regardless, I'm glad you found a car and are happy!

I will attach a few pictures later. As far as a deposit, as mentioned the sales manager had a very good relationship with myself so there was no need for a deposit, just my word I would be back, that always worked before. Guess losing a customer is better than selling them a car they wanted.

I will attach a few pictures later. As far as a deposit, as mentioned the sales manager had a very good relationship with myself so there was no need for a deposit, just my word I would be back, that always worked before. Guess losing a customer is better than selling them a car they wanted.

Yeah, they should have at least reached out to you first. If for no other reason than getting a highly valuable trade-in. Oh well, at least you got a car and don't need to mess with Earnhardt anymore.

It may not even have been the same salesperson that sold it.. For all we know, sale could have gone through someone else and his preferred salesperson didn't know until he checked status.

Money talks. If you didn't leave a marker behind, the next customer will. I've bought a number of brand new Caddy's from the same guy. We've been talking the last couple weeks about a new one for me. Unless I gave him a dollar, I never expect a thing in return.

Was your old car black on black 5v? Just bought mine from Arrowhead, wasn't in the condition they promised...

Money talks. If you didn't leave a marker behind, the next customer will. I've bought a number of brand new Caddy's from the same guy. We've been talking the last couple weeks about a new one for me. Unless I gave him a dollar, I never expect a thing in return.
This.

News flash: dealers suck! Film at 11.

OP, congrats on the new car. I see by your profile that you also have a Z06 and a ZR1, so I guess it's safe to assume that you are what what most dealers would refer to as a "valued customer". Too bad that one was so short sighted.

To 5 BW nick,
Yes my 2023 was a blackwing, black exterior, with around 6k on the speedo. It was traded in in pristine condition, so I am not sure what you got. I could assure you the car I traded in was ceramic coated and looked like brand new, I hope you were able to make your investment look like new if that was not the case.

News flash: dealers suck! Film at 11.

OP, congrats on the new car. I see by your profile that you also have a Z06 and a ZR1, so I guess it's safe to assume that you are what what most dealers would refer to as a "valued customer". Too bad that one was so short sighted.
Yep, that's safe to assume. My Chervolet dealer takes special care of myself. I have bought from them a 2017 ZO6 convertible, a 2017 NRX and a 2019 McLaren 720S. When I visit that dealership, everyone I know and do not know , knows who I am. It is a little funny that the new sales man jump towards me when I go there. To bad Earnhardt Cadillac does business differently.

Consumer loyalty isn't what it used to be, either. If a dealer out of my area is selling for considerably less than my local dealer, I'm traveling. If someone from out of the area is willing to pay more at my local dealer, they will sell to them. The idea of establishing a relationship with a dealer is a nice one, but today if you want to be in the game, you need to understand the contemporary playbook.

To the OP, the lack of deposit was likely more reflective of the desirable nature of the BW rather than your status as a regular.

To 5 BW nick,
Yes my 2023 was a blackwing, black exterior, with around 6k on the speedo. It was traded in in pristine condition, so I am not sure what you got. I could assure you the car I traded in was ceramic coated and looked like brand new, I hope you were able to make your investment look like new if that was not the case.
So the one I purchased has a Kong ported throttle body that came with it, did yours have that?

Last edited:
So the one I purchased has a Kong ported supercharger and throttle body that came with it, did yours have that?
I believe mine was stock. Did you purchase your Blackwing from Arrowhead in Glenndale Arizona or a different dealership?

I believe mine was stock. Did you purchase your Blackwing from Arrowhead in Glenndale Arizona or a different dealership?
I got it from Arrowhead. It has all the carbon fiber options, red seat belts and I believe I am the third owner, it was originally out in San Francisco or something according to the carfax.

I got it from Arrowhead. It has all the carbon fiber options, red seat belts and I believe I am the third owner, it was originally out in San Francisco or something according to the carfax.
My trade in was the base model. No carbon fiber and was originally purchased from Earnhardt Cadillac in Scottsdale. The first owner traded it in with 2,300 miles and I am assuming either purchased a ZO6 or was getting divorced. Hope your Blackwing is everything you were looking for.

My trade in was the base model. No carbon fiber and was originally purchased from Earnhardt Cadillac in Scottsdale. The first owner traded it in with 2,300 miles and I am assuming either purchased a ZO6 or was getting divorced. Hope your Blackwing is everything you were looking for.
Also I see Northern New York as your location, what part of New York? I lived in Clifton Park New York for 50 some odd years and got tired of winter and snow, then made the move to Arizona. Much nicer conditions for a performance car. In New York it was put your car away at the end of September and wait until April 17th to bring it back out.

April 17th is oddly specific . Funny that this is also the when our mountain trailhead gates are unlocked.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom