Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Good luck my friend and I hope 2023 will be a good year for BW owners! As others have said, if you get all the CF you are very lucky and maybe it means you car will move quickly thru the system!

Welcome to the madness!
Thanks so much! Been reading here about the issues with shipping/transport post production so it just feels like I’m going from one waiting gate to the next. But progress is great!

RPO HEA is not carbon backed seats. It's the $2890 mid tier seats as far as I can tell. Carbon backed would be HMR, HJC or HJD

It does show CF1 and CF2.

I'd still be calling your dealer tomorrow to confirm.

Congrats!

RPO HEA is not carbon backed seats. It's the $2890 mid tier seats as far as I can tell. Carbon backed would be HMR, HJC or HJD

It does show CF1 and CF2.

I'd still be calling your dealer tomorrow to confirm.

Congrats!
Thanks but are you sure on seats. I did my final spec directly with the guy who does the ordering and he confirmed they would be the CF seats. Under options in my confirmation, you’ll see AQJ-seats, front bucket, high performance. This is def not CF? I’ll call the dealer tomorrow for sure but honestly I think this forum is way more informed than dealerships.

Thanks so much! Been reading here about the issues with shipping/transport post production so it just feels like I’m going from one waiting gate to the next. But progress is great!
Congratulations! Good to hear CF1 & CF2 are becoming available again. I got lucky and was able to get carbon backed seats, but not the exterior packages. I do have the OEM carbon spoiler and hope to get it mounted this week.

I applaud your attitude, a real breath of fresh air around here. As you say, you have read the experiences of others, and you know exactly what you are getting into. You will get your car, and I hope it is much sooner than later. But regardless, you will have a manual shifting CT5-V Blackwing... that is the one Brother!

@8042....I'm 99% sure. AQJ is high performance seats. I believe that RPO would show with mid tier and CF seats, but not with the standard seats HGM. If you get CF1 and CF2, that's still impressive.....but check. Ask them for the order from GM. I'm amazed if CF1 and CF2 are available. Hopefully, they didn't change the order and not tell you.

@8042....I'm 99% sure. AQJ is high performance seats. I believe that RPO would show with mid tier and CF seats, but not with the standard seats HGM. If you get CF1 and CF2, that's still impressive.....but check. Ask them for the order from GM. I'm amazed if CF1 and CF2 are available. Hopefully, they didn't change the order and not tell you.
Thanks man. You’re totally right. I looked at the order guide and black CF seats are HMR while I have HEA. URG. maybe I’m being greedy but the CF seats are just incredible. I’ll call the guy tomorrow to confirm everything. Kicking myself for not having posted the confirmation earlier but likely HMR still on constraint. Thanks again for the heads up and reply

Congratulations! Good to hear CF1 & CF2 are becoming available again. I got lucky and was able to get carbon backed seats, but not the exterior packages. I do have the OEM carbon spoiler and hope to get it mounted this week.

I applaud your attitude, a real breath of fresh air around here. As you say, you have read the experiences of others, and you know exactly what you are getting into. You will get your car, and I hope it is much sooner than later. But regardless, you will have a manual shifting CT5-V Blackwing... that is the one Brother!
Thanks you my man! I’m so pumped for this car. Knew it was going to be a wait so have been buckled in for over a year. Awesome that you got the CF seats. They are something.

Thanks again. Happy to be joining this esteemed club!

Thats interesting, I need to go check my order...
It’s unlikely you would have one of these without knowing about it. They are offered to dealers on short notice. They are not a customer order or a dealer stock order.

@8042 ......That's why we're here. To help each other. The carbon backed seats really are awesome. Better quality leather, but just as supportive as the mid tier. I love mine!

Keep us in the loop, especially with the CF1 and 2.

What does it mean to be "designated" a show car build? Thats interesting, as I have never heard of that...
It was a car GM specifically built for the media and car show events.

ok, cool...But where would it be listed on the order?
RPO R7V. It shows up in all the options codes for the build. It may not show on the actual order

ok, cool...But where would it be listed on the order?
If you look in the Registry, you can see all the Blackwings built with that code

The car I ended up with was built in June 2022 and arrived to the dealer in November. That seemed on par with many experiences here. There was a batch in the Fall that were built and delivered to dealers in < 2 months.

It is obvious what so many people here are frustrated with is knowing, or thinking, their cars are 100% ready for delivery but they just don't move. I agree that there must be a very attainable solution to that problem. But clearly Cadillac is not motivated to address it. So as buyers, you either wait it out or don't. I chose to wait and honest to God never cared to know the status of things.

To your question, I think a 12-18 month lead time for a CT5-V Blackwing is completely reasonable. But I do not care to break it down to when the car is produced or "ready to ship". Get it to me in 18 months or less and I find that reasonable given what the car is, what the current challenges are, and how many units Cadillac is content to produce. I have long advocated that they should stop with all of the specific updates, because it is clear how they frustrate many buyers. If you had no idea your car was ready to ship, would it be easier for you? For me I could care less. I first placed a deposit in 9/21 and got my car in 11/22. Less than 18 months and it made not difference to me when the car was "ready to ship".
Thanks for your response. Interesting perspective.
It isn't a matter of being impatient as far as I'm concerned. Part of the frustration is from seeing cars built after yours (460197, 460239) being assigned delivery dates while cars (460092, 460104, 460108 and 460112) sit at MP. It's great seeing other people get their cars! Hell when it's me I'm sure I'll be thrilled! It's watching them get them while mine sits in limbo that doesn't feel so great. I'm not complaining mind you! I don't want to be chastised again! Cadillac is great and can do no wrong in my eyes!

Thanks for your response. Interesting perspective.
I don't care much for his perspective. If it works for him that's great but don't chastise others who don't share it! He was praising a new member for his positive attitude. Hell I had a positive attitude four months ago! 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners