Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

4BW - Chirp/Squeak Sound Low RPMS

Was just pointed to this thread from one of the facebook groups. I too have this dreadful squeak. 3600 miles on the car and it's been doing it since about 1000 miles. 2024 M6.

As was mentioned above, I'm fairly certain it's the passenger side waste gate. It goes away when I remove the vac line going to the WG. Comes back when I plug the line back in. To me it's being caused by some internal rubbing of the actuator arm or another component. I've gone as far as spraying WD40 on the actuator arm to see if it made a difference. At point it did go away for a couple of days but then came back.

Was just pointed to this thread from one of the facebook groups. I too have this dreadful squeak. 3600 miles on the car and it's been doing it since about 1000 miles. 2024 M6.

As was mentioned above, I'm fairly certain it's the passenger side waste gate. It goes away when I remove the vac line going to the WG. Comes back when I plug the line back in. To me it's being caused by some internal rubbing of the actuator arm or another component. I've gone as far as spraying WD40 on the actuator arm to see if it made a difference. At point it did go away for a couple of days but then came back.
issue is you need a hi-temp lubrication since the heat will just burn it up.

2024 4BW 6M here with the same issue. Eager to see if anyone could get to the bottom of this issue.

We have a very similar thread going and for us folks, we brought it in and turned out it was either a throttle body or turbo issue. In my case they replaced both.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom