Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V 15% off a brand new C8 or keep the CT4 blackwing

Cadillac CT4-V model

savethemanual

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4 V blackwing
A dealer reached out to me with 15% off brand new 2LT Z51. I am really tempted to get rid of the blackwing and scratch my v8 coupe itch.

Waddya all think?

A dealer reached out to me with 15% off brand new 2LT Z51. I am really tempted to get rid of the blackwing and scratch my v8 coupe itch.

Waddya all think?
My local Chevy dealer has some significant discounts on C8's, they tried lurring me in last time I was there taking a peak at what was in stock. They had a beautiful E-Ray and selling for sticker.. loved the bright yellow/greenish calipers contrast with the Rapid Blue and gloss black wheels. Was tempted, my son egging me on but I held firm.

Attachments

• IMG_6343.jpeg
    IMG_6343.jpeg
    1,003.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_6342.jpeg
    IMG_6342.jpeg
    1,017.8 KB · Views: 62
Have you driven it? I was sold on going to a C8, but one drive was enough to turn me off. It's fine, but it didn't feel special or raw enough to be fun. Maybe the z06 with the wailing engine would be different, but the regular C8 was pretty meh.

Jokes about your username aside, no manual = no buy for me. Remember you made that username for a reason. As someone who tried giving up the manual for a V8 AMG, I never got over the fact that driving the AMG was just boring no matter how good the engine was. I need that manual to have fun.

Waddya all think?
Do yourself a huge favor and save until you are comfortable to buy a manual CT5-V Blackwing. There is not a more rewarding car to drive. Faster cars, sure. But not more rewarding. I did about 300 miles on mine last weekend after a brief period of not driving it, and I continue to be blown away. The LT4's torque / instant acceleration remains my favorite attribute.

I think you will probably enjoy the C8 mid-engine handling and the quick DCT shifts might satisfy for a few weeks but then once the honeymoon wears off you will more than likely start to miss the driving engagement of a manual. You will be left with a less practical car with an exhaust note while v8 in nature will still be too quiet unless you get the convertible. Aftermarket exhausts for C8s are pretty expensive, Corvette tax. The the bright side if you buy it right at 15-20% off it will hold its value better than the 4BW. Although, you will take the depreciation hit on the 4BW during trade.

Another thing, C8 Stingrays are a dime a dozen right now. They produced so many, you will be able to get one pretty easily for the foreseeable future. It appears all the dealers have them listed for 10-15% off online now. The 4BW/5BWs are more unique. I never see them.

If you have the itch for a V8, a used 5BW or Camaro ZL1 with M6 would be fun but on the street it is hard to make use of the extra power and the gearing is even taller than our 4BWs. Like you, I am always looking for the next car, but I haven't found anything better than the 4BW yet. If I was going back to a two seater, it would probably be a Miata ND3. Light, toss-able, top down, manual, 7500rpm and you can keep your foot in it longer. Not the fastest but IMO the most fun to hoon around town. On the flip side they are tough to live with as your only car, noisy, small, etc.

The 4BW ticks the most boxes, which is why it is tough to replace it.

If I was going back to a two seater, it would probably be a Miata ND3. Light, toss-able, top down, manual, 7500rpm and you can keep your foot in it longer.
I have been thinking about this. For what I ll need to put in to get a ct5 blackwing or c8 I could just get a Miata and keep the blackwing too.

I just don’t have the space for it, it will get parked outside.

I have been thinking about this. For what I ll need to put in to get a ct5 blackwing or c8 I could just get a Miata and keep the blackwing too.

It is tiny. If no space, maybe a car cover or just get a use one for cheap and leave it outside.

Pfff, the 4 months (Oct - Feb) that my 5BW sat outside in Lansing is like 79 years of parking outside in the bay area.

I've loved all gens of Corvette until the C8. Elimination of the manual and that fugly rear end (Z06 or SR) was the last straw. Don't care how quick or fast it is. Beauty is timeless. Lap times, 0-60,... are temporary. Besides, the proportions of the C8 are just all wrong, very awkward looking car.

The Stingray is to quiet in my opinion. If you want to scratch the V8 itch you will need to pony up for a new exhaust.

I could not enjoy my Stingray until I put a Borla on it, before that it sounded like a Tesla.

The only time its loud is on cold starts and full throttle.

Test drive one to see if you like but trust me, I've been around this block a dozen times. You will need to spend some money on an exhaust to ensure you love it and it will still be missing a manual.

I really like my C8 now that it has a Borla and ACS ground effects but I still miss the manual and I'm trying to figure out what vehicle to buy with a stick that I will be satisfied with.

IMG_2134.jpeg

Highly recommend. Mine sits outside on the side of the garage. The nice thing about the Miata is it’s so small it can quickly be cleaned. And it’s not like it’s a $100K Porsche so who cares if it sits outside. I also average 35mpg.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom