Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V 15% off a brand new C8 or keep the CT4 blackwing

Cadillac CT4-V model
I sold the Z06 and picked up a Stingray. The Z06 absolutely does not need an aftermarket exhaust, I'm not sure how its even legal.

Interested in hearing more about this. Was the Z06 too much car for street?
It was indeed. The sound is very buzzy and droney until 3500rpn when it starts to come alive and the only way to enjoy it is it live at the higher rpm's.

With 670hp you are basically enjoying the car at go to jail speeds because you can't enjoy it at normal speeds besides holding first gear and revving it out, which is legal but will still cause the OPP to pull you over because the exhaust is just obnoxious.

Now I never got pulled over but I've been through a lot of cars and I've never felt the need to drive like an absolute monkey in any of my cars. The C8 Z06 changed that and I knee within 6 months it had to go after I caught myself once again bombing down the 401 doing 250+ with no effort.

The Z06 needs a track where it can stretch it legs so I went back to a Stingray because I like the low end torque for street use.

I still would like a stick though.

It seems like a lot of us are in the same boat. The Blackwings are such all around satisfying vehicles that it is hard to find a better option, but the car lover in you is always looking for the next best thing. I posted about this recently in another thread, but even the 911 I recently test drove didn't feel like an upgrade over the 4BW as a daily driver, and I mean from a driving perspective, not due to other practical concerns. Now my biggest question is do I step up to the 5BW or just get a new 4BW, because I'm tired of having black cars. The larger size of the 5 turns me off slightly, but then there's the V8... Love the Miata angle though, that sounds like a great pairing.

It was indeed. The sound is very buzzy and droney until 3500rpn when it starts to come alive and the only way to enjoy it is it live at the higher rpm's.

With 670hp you are basically enjoying the car at go to jail speeds because you can't enjoy it at normal speeds besides holding first gear and revving it out, which is legal but will still cause the OPP to pull you over because the exhaust is just obnoxious.

Now I never got pulled over but I've been through a lot of cars and I've never felt the need to drive like an absolute monkey in any of my cars. The C8 Z06 changed that and I knee within 6 months it had to go after I caught myself once again bombing down the 401 doing 250+ with no effort.

The Z06 needs a track where it can stretch it legs so I went back to a Stingray because I like the low end torque for street use.

Are you more toward Toronto or Ottawa? Curious as I'm just across the border.

Go into programming my mode set exhaust tone to full open ,

Haven't seen it mentioned, but I was all-in on a C8 convertible before getting the Blackwing. The problem for me was the transmission and its random likelihood of failure whether it's 20 miles or 20,000 miles, or any single thing the user might do between maintenance and driving habits. Tried for a few weeks to justify it but couldn't. Not so much the idea of the car spending some weeks getting a warranty repair, but the worst case scenarios that seem to be playing out for some non-trivial number of owners. And then there is the inevitable depreciation that is going to happen once that transmission is close to the end of warranty. If GM issues a definitive explanation and fix I would definitely go look again, but until then I'm happy with the BW.

Like others, I get compliments on the BW *everywhere,* and I have only seen one other on the road in San Diego. Have seen way more CT5-V Blackwings.

I have a M6 CT5-V BW and a 2021 C8 Stingray convertible. Guess which one I drive the most? You got it, it's the CT5-V BW. It's a hell of a lot more fun to drive than my C8. No way a C8 Stingray is going to beat a car with a 670 HP supercharged V8, manual transmission, and Cadillac luxury.

Besides, C8 Stingrays are a dime a dozen where I live. The Blackwing Cadillacs, on the other hand, are rare around here. My Blackwing gets a ton more attention than my C8 ever did.

God forbid, if push ever came to shove and one of them had to go, The C8 would be the first one on the chopping block.

I have a '24 C8 stripper with basically just Z51. It's my track toy, but it's still fun to take the top off and cruise around town with one of my sons. You have to push it hard to feel the benefits over the Blackwings, namely turn-in, nice rev matched DCT downshifts and upshifts, feels significantly lighter, and is more fun on track IMHO.

Other than that, the Blackwing is superior and I will keep my 5BW six-speed long-term while this C8 isn't long for the world (actually it's a placeholder until I can get a C8 ZR1). But, if I had to pick a C8 or a 5BW, I'd do 5BW.

4BW versus C8 comes down to use case. Mostly around town, 4BW six-speed all the way for engagement. Track? Try the C8, it's more capable overall. Taking the targa off is a nice too as mentioned above.

Oh yeah, the targa is one of the factors tempting me.

However at this point I am also exploring a cheap-ish ND2 miata.
2200lbs, top down, feels like a go-kart. Lots of fun. I may get another again.

I had the same/similar Q & this was my answer:
View attachment 27564
Just do it!
Your posted photo just gave me an idea. I just may sell/trade my 2014 Dodge Challenger and get a white Corvette to go with my white 5BW !
And my white Grand Cherokee and white Kia Telluride. My ChallaCuda is my baby and it will take a Corvette test ride to see if I want to pull the trigger.

Attachments

• 20240908_175706.jpg
    20240908_175706.jpg
    797.2 KB · Views: 10

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!