Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2025 CT4V Blackwing?

What’s the point of buying in 2025 for 80+ thousand dollars when you can find slightly used one with less than 5000 miles all the options you could possibly want IN high 50s low 60s loaded up crazy as far as I’m concerned! My son just bought 2022 4000 mile’s loaded carbo 1/2 mint for 60,000! I told him to go for it basically getting all options free.
Car back in 2022 listed for $81,000! It’s a no-brainer to me.
JM2C
For me, I'm looking to order a low option car, well under $70k. Plus knowing that there's no chance a prior owner did 4,000 miles of redlining burnouts is a plus.

What’s the point of buying in 2025 for 80+ thousand dollars when you can find slightly used one with less than 5000 miles all the options you could possibly want IN high 50s low 60s loaded up crazy as far as I’m concerned! My son just bought 2022 4000 mile’s loaded carbo 1/2 mint for 60,000! I told him to go for it basically getting all options free.
Car back in 2022 listed for $81,000! It’s a no-brainer to me.
JM2C
Or get a heavily discounted new one one off the lot like some folks are getting here.

I prefer this option since buying a 60k+ performance car I like to have been the only one to abuse it.

Or get a heavily discounted new one one off the lot like some folks are getting here.

I prefer this option since buying a 60k+ performance car I like to have been the only one to abuse it.
This works as long as you don't care about the color/options. I can't find a 6MT with the color I want at all (I set the search to 2000 miles).

For me, I'm looking to order a low option car, well under $70k. Plus knowing that there's no chance a prior owner did 4,000 miles of redlining burnouts is a plus.
Lowest price 20,000 plus miles for $56000+ not a bargain with that many miles, I would never buy used with many miles. I fully understand your point about someone running it hard, it’s certified adding extra year warranty worth the crap shoot IMO.

still well over the price of this car!

still well over the price of this car!
Yeah but it’s a brand new car. Peace of mind is worth the 10k difference.

For a used car to be worth it to me the price difference needs to be bigger. For example for 61k you can get a no options new. I would rather get that than a used one with lots of options.

If I wanted to potentially order a '25 CT4 BW, when would I need to start making sure I get my name on a list somewhere? I know the turn around can be months, and I'd hate to decide the BW is what I want and then have it be too late to get an order through.

If I wanted to potentially order a '25 CT4 BW, when would I need to start making sure I get my name on a list somewhere? I know the turn around can be months, and I'd hate to decide the BW is what I want and then have it be too late to get an order through.
Ordering is open for the 4BW, though allocations are slim at the moment.

For a used car to be worth it to me the price difference needs to be bigger. For example for 61k you can get a no options new. I would rather get that than a used one with lots of options.
This is the route I went. Looked at a used ‘22 for ~$65k with 9k miles that had mid tier seats and CF1. Although it looked awesome, I ended up holding out for a new ‘24 base model that I got $3k off msrp. Saved me the headache of worrying about what took place during those 9k miles (and panicking about the CF every time I approached a driveway).

Other factor in new vs used is the interest rate is much more favorable for new - could have gotten as low as 0.9 percent on mine, while I haven’t seen used cars dip below 5 or 6 percent recently (I know not a problem for you rich folks buying outright 😁)

Maybe 61+ if you don’t want leather seats , no sports wheel. We’ll take our chances with 4000 on clock will keep you all posted.

This is the route I went. Looked at a used ‘22 for ~$65k with 9k miles that had mid tier seats and CF1. Although it looked awesome, I ended up holding out for a new ‘24 base model that I got $3k off msrp. Saved me the headache of worrying about what took place during those 9k miles (and panicking about the CF every time I approached a driveway).

Other factor in new vs used is the interest rate is much more favorable for new - could have gotten as low as 0.9 percent on mine, while I haven’t seen used cars dip below 5 or 6 percent recently (I know not a problem for you rich folks buying outright 😁)
What takes place during that 9k miles? WOT's.....

I got a used '22 with 21k miles, CF1 & 2, ventilated seats, PDR, and sunroof for $55k. Basically everything an IMSA has minus the stickers and carbon seatbacks. Turns out it was a preproduction model that was corporately owned by GM. I'm certainly not losing any sleep over it, but I do wonder what the hell it was used for given how immaculate it was. Carfax is completely blank besides the annual registration.

Had the taillights replaced under warranty and a driver door seal issue rectified (looks like someone got locked out and they used that balloon thing to jimmy the window to hit the unlock button) and now I'm a few months away from losing my bumper to bumper warranty.

Ultimately I  could have gone new if I stuck with a base model, but I'm a stickler for fully-optioned cars and never would have been happy with base spec. To me, it was more important to get all the options and run the risk of some mechanical issues, than spend a fortune trying to slowly add in all the factory options I have now.

I got a used '22 with 21k miles, CF1 & 2, ventilated seats, PDR, and sunroof for $55k. Basically everything an IMSA has minus the stickers and carbon seatbacks. Turns out it was a preproduction model that was corporately owned by GM. I'm certainly not losing any sleep over it, but I do wonder what the hell it was used for given how immaculate it was. Carfax is completely blank besides the annual registration.

Had the taillights replaced under warranty and a driver door seal issue rectified (looks like someone got locked out and they used that balloon thing to jimmy the window to hit the unlock button) and now I'm a few months away from losing my bumper to bumper warranty.

Ultimately I  could have gone new if I stuck with a base model, but I'm a stickler for fully-optioned cars and never would have been happy with base spec. To me, it was more important to get all the options and run the risk of some mechanical issues, than spend a fortune trying to slowly add in all the factory options I have now.
Totally makes sense, and I thought heavily about waiting for something like yours to hit the market. I actually generally prefer to buy cars used off of a lease where possible l, but a few things that impacted my decision here:

1. The only feature that was a deal breaker for me was the sun roof. Having looked at examples with and without, I felt the sunroof cut off too much of the headroom in the back seat and I was trying to market this to my wife as a good family sedan. That said I had a sunroof on my last car (2015 GTI) and I do find myself missing it from time to time as the weather warms up.
2. I’m pretty often in the car for long trips on the weekends, and a thread here mentioned that the base seats are actually more comfortable on long drives than the upgraded ones (plus I don’t anticipate tracking the car, at least not yet). I loved the look of the mid tier seats, but actually thought they looked like they might not hold up as well in the long run (saw some thread pulls on the lightly used example I test drove, not sure if anyone on here has experienced wear issues on those seats or if it was an isolated incident).
3. The used market was pretty competitive when I was looking. Usually only 5-10 4BWs for sale at any given time within 200 miles in the Northeast and they were all always more expensive than a new base model.
4. I was panicked GM was going to nix the 4BW for the 25MY. That turned out to be baseless but when a base model M6 4BW showed up at my local dealership and coincided with some pretty good incentives from GM I felt like I couldn’t pass it up.

Totally makes sense, and I thought heavily about waiting for something like yours to hit the market. I actually generally prefer to buy cars used off of a lease where possible l, but a few things that impacted my decision here:

1. The only feature that was a deal breaker for me was the sun roof. Having looked at examples with and without, I felt the sunroof cut off too much of the headroom in the back seat and I was trying to market this to my wife as a good family sedan. That said I had a sunroof on my last car (2015 GTI) and I do find myself missing it from time to time as the weather warms up.
2. I’m pretty often in the car for long trips on the weekends, and a thread here mentioned that the base seats are actually more comfortable on long drives than the upgraded ones (plus I don’t anticipate tracking the car, at least not yet). I loved the look of the mid tier seats, but actually thought they looked like they might not hold up as well in the long run (saw some thread pulls on the lightly used example I test drove, not sure if anyone on here has experienced wear issues on those seats or if it was an isolated incident).
3. The used market was pretty competitive when I was looking. Usually only 5-10 4BWs for sale at any given time within 200 miles in the Northeast and they were all always more expensive than a new base model.
4. I was panicked GM was going to nix the 4BW for the 25MY. That turned out to be baseless but when a base model M6 4BW showed up at my local dealership and coincided with some pretty good incentives from GM I felt like I couldn’t pass it up.
All makes sense too! My wife has a Durango for our family road trips so the sunroof was never an issue for me, and at 6ft I didn't feel like my head room was compromised by it. Plus I didn't have one on my Focus ST and really liked the idea of it.

I also bought during peak "it's not making it to MY25" fever and was convinced values would skyrocket like the SS and G8 GXP. Turns out we were wrong, and I even saw one spec'd the same as mine this week for the same price but with 10k less miles. No regrets though, aside from trading my ST to get a better interest rate. I ended up buying a 2014 Fiesta ST a couple of weeks ago to daily after getting two door dings at work 😆

Maybe 61+ if you don’t want leather seats , no sports wheel. We’ll take our chances with 4000 on clock will keep you all posted.
UPDATE, kept looking for a better deal found new 23 loaded except carbon 1/2 heavily discounted 11,500 off sticker. Brought the difference between the used car and new car down to less than $4000 no-brainer he’s gonna pick up the new one.

UPDATE, kept looking for a better deal found new 23 loaded except carbon 1/2 heavily discounted 11,500 off sticker. Brought the difference between the used car and new car down to less than $4000 no-brainer he’s gonna pick up the new one.
Good choice! PS- this is exactly what I am referring to.

The difference between used and new has to be much greater than 10K for it to be worth the risk I am taking by buying a used one.

Don't forget the $3500 SM package when you buy new!!

Can’t believe it but both off us will be eligible to go SM can’t wait to kick his ass on the track ! 😎

Last edited:
Reactions: RKS
A small number of allocation for this week was sent out to dealers.. I am seeing allocation of only 6 Blackwings nationwide for the 4 for the first week.

While dates are fluid, production isn't expected to start until the week of 6/3 for the 4...

Nothing on the 5 for v series at this time
There are certain websites claiming that production of the 25 CT5-V/BW begins July 15th (https://gmauthority.com/blog/2024/0...-ct5-v-ct5-v-blackwing-production-will-start/)

I have a hard time believing this when GM hasn't even posted the order guides yet and seems to have no news on when ordering will open up.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back