Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Wheel Repair Fail

I almost bought an XT6, twice. I really like them. They really are nice vehicles, especially with the platinum package. Nice ride, decent gas mileage, fairly quick, a V6, not a stupid turbo 4. It was really close. One of the biggest downfalls is that terrible dash. That's one of the things that stopped me. That and it looks "old". If they would have refreshed it for 2025 like the traverse/enclave/terrain, I would consider it. I wouldn't buy one new, but a current model year, one year old is a steal....especially if it's CPO'd. They are also rated fairly high for reliability.

Last edited:
I rented an XT6 during the holidays and plowed a ton of miles on it over 3 weeks driving all over FL. It's a fine vehicle but didn't find anything compelling about it. Way too much badge engineering going on.

I almost bought an XT6, twice. I really like them. They really are nice vehicles, especially with the platinum package. Nice ride, decent gas mileage, fairly quick, a V6, not a stupid turbo 4. It was really close. One of the biggest downfalls is that terrible dash. That's one of the things that stopped me. That and it looks "old". If they would have refreshed it for 2025 like the traverse/enclave/terrain, I would consider it. I wouldn't buy one new, but a current model year, one year old is a steal....especially if it's CPO'd. They are also rated fairly high for reliability.
I was so XT6-curious that I actually went to a local Chevy dealer to test drive the new Traverse as a possible family hauler when my wife's Nissan Rogue lease is done. The Traverse itself looks great (especially in RS trim), the tech is cool, the car has massive amounts of space and it has super cruise. However, the new 2.5 turbo which replaced the 3.6 is absolutely awful. It was loud, gruff, and unrefined, and I'm sure in the real world has no meaningful fuel economy benefit over the six. Handling was pretty lackluster as well compared to the XT6, but the only trim they had to test drive was the Z71 with the light-offroading tires which I'm sure played a role there. Very disappointed. Maybe the Buick Enclave is better? Who knows.

@sethsquire .....when I heard and saw the new Traverse was coming out, I thought it could be an ideal replacement for my 6 YO Expedition. Sadly, after reading and watching reviews for it and the Terrain, most reviewers say the same thing. It'll be great for the rental fleet; loud, coarse engine; no real improvement in gas mileage; does everything just ok. Very sad for a major refresh. I can't imagine the Enclave will be any better. They are all off the list for me.

@sethsquire .....when I heard and saw the new Traverse was coming out, I thought it could be an ideal replacement for my 6 YO Expedition. Sadly, after reading and watching reviews for it and the Terrain, most reviewers say the same thing. It'll be great for the rental fleet; loud, coarse engine; no real improvement in gas mileage; does everything just ok. Very sad for a major refresh. I can't imagine the Enclave will be any better. They are all off the list for me.
It really sucks, because the car is a great overall package aside from that albatross of a powertrain. And not all turbo 4's are necessarily bad, but this one was bad. I asked myself, could I live with this groaning mess of an engine if the rest of the vehicle is good? No, no I could not.

That said, can we get an updated XT6 with all the cool tech and features and updated interior but keep the V6? Pretty please, Cadillac?

I was raised in the family auto body business world . I got to see, work on and drive many various models of cars over the years. Talking with owners about pros/cons of their vehicles. There are specific things that always break down on specific models. My Dad and Grandfather ingrained in me that we would "never " buy a German or Japanese vehicle. Reason being, these people did kill family members and friends during the previous wars "that they started" and it was in our country's interest to only "buy American". I have only owned many GM's and one Dodge. Two years ago I was in the market to get the wife a new car (during Covid mind you) and my research lead me to the Traverse and a the Kia Telluride. I wanted a Tahoe , but they were and are ridiculously priced and marked up. I convinced myself that the Telluride is made by South Korea (who is our ally) and Consumer Reports gave it a top rating. I ended up buying a well equipped Telluride and ended up driving it from NY to California and back , for a 2 week vacation. I had just retired and never done a huge cross country before. The ride was an immense pleasure and the car was getting 25 miles per gallon. I have a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee that is due for a trade in and I was thinking about a Traverse, but....the 17' Jeep was a great vehicle and I just might get a new one. More research to be done !
****In 2022 I bought my 5BW as a retirement gift for myself. No regrets !

@FLYARMY ...I get 100% what you're saying....BUT, what IS a foreign car anymore? You can buy a RAM built in Mexico, Lincoln's best seller, the Nautilus, is built in China. Honda Accord built in Ohio, Camry built in Kentucky. The Lexus TX and Toyota Grand Highlander built in Indiana. Bunch of BMWs' built in Georgia. And your Telluride in Georgia. Ironically, the sister Palisade is made in Korea.

So, what's more important? Where the money goes or jobs? It's a very odd conversation. Ask my father in law who fought the Koreans and now owns a Kia.

@FLYARMY ...I get 100% what you're saying....BUT, what IS a foreign car anymore? You can buy a RAM built in Mexico, Lincoln's best seller, the Nautilus, is built in China. Honda Accord built in Ohio, Camry built in Kentucky. The Lexus TX and Toyota Grand Highlander built in Indiana. Bunch of BMWs' built in Georgia. And your Telluride in Georgia. Ironically, the sister Palisade is made in Korea.

So, what's more important? Where the money goes or jobs? It's a very odd conversation. Ask my father in law who fought the Koreans and now owns a Kia.
My Dad fought in Korea also......but against the North Koreans. The South Koreans ( Hyundai/Kia) were our allies. I understand that many parts and vehicles are assembled elsewhere, but the bottom line is where does the money profits eventually go to. It seems that if you go to war against the US and lose......you eventually will come out better economically after we rebuild you. We had many customers who were Jewish and my Dad always asked them why are they buying German cars , when they tried to eradicate the Jewish people. A few of them after that conversation, never bought another German automobile.

I know and understand how the world work these days with auto manufacturers and don't really have any problem with it. A plus is that they can avoid tariffs by having plants in other countries they want to sell to. I have always had GM products, though my parents had some Fords when I was young. I'm just comfortable with GM and have worked on my own cars all my car driving life. The rest of my family buys whatever they want-mostly Honda and Toyota.

I don't know if this has influenced my allegiance to USA auto company products, but my dad spent 39 months as a prisoner of the Japanese in WWII and had to work as a shooter (think dynamite) in a coal mine operated by Mitsubishi. He was very lucky to have survived and come home.

I got offered Dent Protection and other gibberish on the 991.1 C4S I just picked up. Between that stuff and the wheel tire protection plan, it was close to 12k or so add ons. Which I declined all of. When I declined all of it, I made sure to laser eye him so he would not keep trying.
On a used car?? Never even heard of that.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom