Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Roll Call

Pontiac guy from way back. Past in stable 65 GTO sedan with 421 /4spd, 66 GTO convertible 389 tripower turbo 400 w/ his& her shifter, 66 GrandPrix with 8 lug wheels, 67 LeMans 326 w/4spd, 70 Tempest I found with 18k 350 powerglide, 77 T/A 400 4spd and 80 T/A turbo 301 almost forgot 72 Grandville 455
I had a 64' Bonneville convertible with a 4 speed and 8 lugs. Unfortunately, a father and sons project that didn't work out.

I'll take a swing...Tim, 58yrs old. Born in Fort Worth. Spent most of my adult life bouncing between Dallas, Boston and Southern NH. Retired from investment management at the end of 2019. Was and forever will be the best timed decision of my life (dumb luck)! No days full of Zoom meetings for me.

Currently split time between MA and Sanibel, FL. Not in FL yet, as we are still waiting for power to be restored to our house post hurricane Ian.

My love of cars came from my dad and mom. She had a 1978 Z28 which is what I learned to drive in. Three adult kids. Girls couldn't care less about cars, but our son caught my affliction. Currently drives a 2018 Camaro SS 1LE.

Future cars
5BW 6M at order status 3400. TPW 10/3/22 (WTF, its mid Nov?!?!)
2023/4 (fingers crossed) Vette Z06. High 200s on the MacMulkin list

Notable past cars
2000 Vette vert, Torch red of course
2005 Vette vert
2013 Vette 427 vert (totaled in the storm, sadly. Loved that LS7!!)
2013 Audi S7 (one of my faves)
2015 Audi RS5 (wife's, if I'm being honest)

Numerous F150s (I AM a Texan, after all)

Glad to be a part of this site. Good info and good folks, it seems. Been watching for a few months. Finally joined when my order got picked up.
My family usually hits Captiva after Thanksgiving... going to Delray Beach instead this year b/c of the obvious. Hope your home/ family/ friends down there are OK.

Little late to this party but Hello all!

I think I'm the youngest person here from reading all these posts. Just turned 26 and single as a pringle. But firends say I act like I'm 40 so the Caddy is a good fit lol. From PA, raised up and down the east coast since I was a military brat. I call VA Beach home though having spent the most time there. Currently split time between NC and VA doing military liaison work.

I didn't really get into cars until I was about 20 or so. But once the bug bit me, I couldn't go back. My 4BW will be my 11th car. I owned several BMW E36 3 series when I was living in Germany and an E39 5 series. Moved back to the states and got a Z3. My first GM car that really got me into the "cool car" club was my 2017 Chevy SS. That thing was a beast. I had to sell it after about 8 months due to life-stuff but I've been missing that 6MT, High HP, RWD combo in my life.

I googled newer sleeper cars one day last year and saw a cool, sleeper-esque clad in neon blue CT4V-BW on Car and Driver (My go to for car reviews) and fell in love. A Tremec 6060 and a high output turbo motor? Yes please. It also has this cool sleeper allure that I missed in the SS. The "what is that!?" comments never get old. So I am very excited to drive this car once it's produced/delivered (praying before Xmas)

Last edited:
My family usually hits Captiva after Thanksgiving... going to Delray Beach instead this year b/c of the obvious. Hope your home/ family/ friends down there are OK.
Thanks. All safe and accounted for. Captiva fared better than Sanibel, but it is still a mess. South Seas Resort not likely to reopen before Q1 2023

Little late to this party but Hello all!

I think I'm the youngest person here from reading all these posts. Just turned 26 and single as a pringle. But firends say I act like I'm 40 so the Caddy is a good fit lol. From PA, raised up and down the east coast since I was a military brat. I call VA Beach home though having spent the most time there. Currently split time between NC and VA doing military liaison work.

I didn't really get into cars until I was about 20 or so. But once the bug bit me, I couldn't go back. My 4BW will be my 11th car. I owned several BMW E36 3 series when I was living in Germany and an E39 5 series. Moved back to the states and got a Z3. My first GM car that really got me into the "cool car" club was my 2017 Chevy SS. That thing was a beast. I had to sell it after about 8 months due to life-stuff but I've been missing that 6MT, High HP, RWD combo in my life.

I googled newer sleeper cars one day last year and saw a cool, sleeper-esque clad in neon blue CT4V-BW on Car and Driver (My go to for car reviews) and fell in love. A Tremec 6060 and a high output turbo motor? Yes please. It also has this cool sleeper allure that I missed in the SS. The "what is that!?" comments never get old. So I am very excited to drive this car once it's produced/delivered (praying before Xmas)
Thanks for coming to the party!

Hey All,

I just go by Dan outside of the forums. I was mostly a lurker and still pretty much am one. I'm still in my early 30's so I may be one the younger people here. I live out near the Tri-state area. Having a car wasn't really a priority for me since it's not needed where I live. Always been into cars since I was just a young boy due to video games. All my driving before having my first car was from simcades and sim racing. My only car before my 4BW was a Lexus IS350. I hope to share my experiences and also take in everyone else's.

 Dan

I'm not new but @Tall Steve asked so I will oblige... I am late 30's, lived in Iowa for 20+ years, originally from Puerto Rico. I'm in software engineering, leadership at this point in my career. I've been a car fan since I can remember. First time I saw a red Ferrari, just stuck with me.
To this point I've had 23+ cars and made a few bad decisions to follow this car passion, but ultimately has been worth it. The worst part of cold weather living is having to consider winter into my car choices.
I've had all kinds of cars, from Jeep JK's, JT, WKs, 3 different MX-5's, BMW's, 2 Corvettes, one RAM truck, 350z, 2 Mustangs, including Shelby GT350. My first car was a 2003 CTS MANUAL I found used with low miles at a local dealer. Of all the cars I've had I think the one I kept the longest was my 2017 ATS-V (went to the Cadillac school then). I would have probably kept it longer, but it was an auto.
Back then, I wanted a CTS-V but I could never find one or it was too pricey at the time. When I found out about Blackwings, I knew I wanted one badly. I looked into it a bit but seemed next to impossible so ended up buying a C8 I found in stock nearby when they were really hard to find. Kept thinking about it and after meeting the GM from another nearby Cadillac dealership, decided to try and order a 5BW. Ended up trading in my C8 for the 4BW auto they had in stock (wishing every day it would magically turn into a manual) and ordered my 5BW right then. Now I just try to live my life and fail at not thinking about the 5BW, rowing my gears and hearing/feeling that sweet engine and ride. I'm a little obsessive with these transactions so it's been super hard to remain patient. One of the ways I've gotten some success in life is being persistent, so it's hard not to try to be when it's outside of my control. Every day I try to find new ways to solve problems at work, so it's hard to turn that off and not try to find a way to solve this current "problem" I have with not getting my built car delivered. It's been nice to read about all of your experiences. So, thank you for putting up with my complaining and questioning and for taking the time to share what you know and learn.

I'm not new but @Tall Steve asked so I will oblige... I am late 30's, lived in Iowa for 20+ years, originally from Puerto Rico. I'm in software engineering, leadership at this point in my career. I've been a car fan since I can remember. First time I saw a red Ferrari, just stuck with me.
To this point I've had 23+ cars and made a few bad decisions to follow this car passion, but ultimately has been worth it. The worst part of cold weather living is having to consider winter into my car choices.
I've had all kinds of cars, from Jeep JK's, JT, WKs, 3 different MX-5's, BMW's, 2 Corvettes, one RAM truck, 350z, 2 Mustangs, including Shelby GT350. My first car was a 2003 CTS MANUAL I found used with low miles at a local dealer. Of all the cars I've had I think the one I kept the longest was my 2017 ATS-V (went to the Cadillac school then). I would have probably kept it longer, but it was an auto.
Back then, I wanted a CTS-V but I could never find one or it was too pricey at the time. When I found out about Blackwings, I knew I wanted one badly. I looked into it a bit but seemed next to impossible so ended up buying a C8 I found in stock nearby when they were really hard to find. Kept thinking about it and after meeting the GM from another nearby Cadillac dealership, decided to try and order a 5BW. Ended up trading in my C8 for the 4BW auto they had in stock (wishing every day it would magically turn into a manual) and ordered my 5BW right then. Now I just try to live my life and fail at not thinking about the 5BW, rowing my gears and hearing/feeling that sweet engine and ride. I'm a little obsessive with these transactions so it's been super hard to remain patient. One of the ways I've gotten some success in life is being persistent, so it's hard not to try to be when it's outside of my control. Every day I try to find new ways to solve problems at work, so it's hard to turn that off and not try to find a way to solve this current "problem" I have with not getting my built car delivered. It's been nice to read about all of your experiences. So, thank you for putting up with my complaining and questioning and for taking the time to share what you know and learn.
Thanks for sharing!

Thanks. All safe and accounted for. Captiva fared better than Sanibel, but it is still a mess. South Seas Resort not likely to reopen before Q1 2023
How are people getting in/out of Sanibel and Captiva right now? Boats? Didnt think there's a ferry port there before the bridge got swept.

We were just at Sanibel a week after 4th of July. The beach resort we used to stay at was literally swept off the island.

How are people getting in/out of Sanibel and Captiva right now? Boats? Didnt think there's a ferry port there before the bridge got swept.

We were just at Sanibel a week after 4th of July. The beach resort we used to stay at was literally swept off the island.

Perry here. My first new car was a 67 GTO with M4. My first new Corvette was a 76 L48. My first new Cadillac was a 77 Coupe de Ville. I owned one 3rd Gen Camaro 1LE CMC race car and then a 93 Camaro CMC race car I campaigned for 5 seasons. I owned two C4 Corvettes. A 93 Fortieth Ann Vert w 383 and ZF6 and a 94 Z07 coupe. I owned a 93 Camaro, a 94 1LE and a 98 1LE that ended up with an LS2 402 with a cage and was a weekend track car after I sold the race car. I had a JSB C6Z and a Shark Grey C7Z vert. My start w the recent Cadillacs was a 17 ATS, followed quickly by an 18 ATS-V that was traded for the 22 CT4-V BW. Most of my early cars were modded, but the past few haven't been as they have been so capable while bone stock
. 93 Camaro Z28  (1 of 1).jpg1993 Corvette 40th Anniversary Roadster.jpg2001 Corvette Z06-06.jpg20021012-CMC Race Car Sears Pt 006.jpgBill Herron and my 94 1LE.jpgTwo Convertibles-3.jpgSpring Mountain Corvette School.jpg]20050811-P8110052.JPG08 Z06.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Sorry for the delayed response. Bridge was repaired a mere 13 days after the storm. Was open to residents and workers only until this week.

Hey everyone,

Long-time lurker and first-time poster. Got hooked on the CT5-V BW when I started reading the reviews in late 2021 and joined the goat rodeo soon after. Was not successful in getting an allocation for 2022 but was fortunate my build was picked up last fall. Like many, had to remove the exterior carbon fiber bits (will add it later) but was able to keep the carbon buckets somehow.

This will be my first GM vehicle, but I’m a big car enthusiast. I had great fun driving the CT5-V BW at the Ron Fellows Driving School at the Canadian Tire Motorsport last summer. It reconfirmed I made the right the choice.

I was blown away with the performance, sound, and the most perfect manual. I was surprised the Caddy was more fun to drive than the C8 and ZLE 1LE (I also really enjoyed my time in the Camaro and now see myself lurking the Camaro6 forum). To me, the Caddy felt like the star of the three cars that were available to drive. The track time we had at Ron Fellows was short with each car, but during my last lap in the BW it started to rain. This gave me the opportunity to see how it handles in the wet (I was in sport mode the whole time). I was very pleased to see and feel how communicative and manageable the car felt in the wet and even when pushing harder in the corners. I am looking forward to later taking my BW to the track.

One question I had about the LT4 on the BW, does any know how many hours it takes to build the engine? Would love to know!

Anyways, I am really excited for the car to arrive and join this forum. My car was built in December and the dealer thinks it’ll arrive next month. Cheers!

Hey everyone,

Long-time lurker and first-time poster. Got hooked on the CT5-V BW when I started reading the reviews in late 2021 and joined the goat rodeo soon after. Was not successful in getting an allocation for 2022 but was fortunate my build was picked up last fall. Like many, had to remove the exterior carbon fiber bits (will add it later) but was able to keep the carbon buckets somehow.

This will be my first GM vehicle, but I’m a big car enthusiast. I had great fun driving the CT5-V BW at the Ron Fellows Driving School at the Canadian Tire Motorsport last summer. It reconfirmed I made the right the choice.

I was blown away with the performance, sound, and the most perfect manual. I was surprised the Caddy was more fun to drive than the C8 and ZLE 1LE (I also really enjoyed my time in the Camaro and now see myself lurking the Camaro6 forum). To me, the Caddy felt like the star of the three cars that were available to drive. The track time we had at Ron Fellows was short with each car, but during my last lap in the BW it started to rain. This gave me the opportunity to see how it handles in the wet (I was in sport mode the whole time). I was very pleased to see and feel how communicative and manageable the car felt in the wet and even when pushing harder in the corners. I am looking forward to later taking my BW to the track.

One question I had about the LT4 on the BW, does any know how many hours it takes to build the engine? Would love to know!

Anyways, I am really excited for the car to arrive and join this forum. My car was built in December and the dealer thinks it’ll arrive next month. Cheers!
Welcome, and thanks for sharing!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back