Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Roll Call

BUMP!
fat guy GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Rob
Well shit, I joined a while back and this is the first I'm seeing of this...

My name is John, and I'm an alcoholic...oh wait, wrong meeting. I'm 45 years old, I live in upstate NY (Albany area) where I work as a firefighter and paramedic. Single, no kids, so therefore I have some disposable income.

My first car was a 1977 Chevy Malibu Classic, that despite having only 50k on (in 1997) was an absolute nightmare. It had a 305 V8 with a whopping 145 hp when it was new. The kid before me who had it got it from some old lady, and when he waxed it he decided to leave it out in the sun. Suffice it to say it looked like hell.

I went through many cars and trucks over the years, and almost always had a newer truck, and an older car. I got bit by the Cadillac bug in 2012 when trying to decide on a new second vehicle. I looked at BMW, Mercedes, and Audi, but I fell in love with the CTS-V. I leased a 2013 sedan, blue with black rims, and of course, the 6 speed manual. It killed me to have to turn it back in 3 years later, and at that time I couldn’t afford to buy out the lease.

I bought a couple of really old cars, a Pontiac Grandville, and a Coupe de Ville (both 1971s) and dabbled with those for a while, but when the Blackwings came out, I knew I wanted back in.

Due to the crazy used market in late 2021/early 2022, I decided to trade my diesel 2018 Sliverado 2500 HD LTZ for a diesel 2022 Sierra 2500 AT4, which I ordered in January of 2022. In May, I picked it up from the dealership, and I stopped by the Cadillac dealership (which was right on the way home anyway) and asked to be put on the list for a 5 Blackwing. Fast forward to this past January. I was still waiting for my Blackwing and figured I was not going to see it anytime soon, so I did the most logical thing I could think of; bought a used CTS-V. I loved my 2013 so much, and friend of mine found a nice 2009, so of course, I bought it. No shit, six weeks later my salesman calls and says "your order has been accepted and your car is scheduled to be built in about a month". Now I had a problem, I had spent my down payment on the CTS-V. I figured from reading things on this forum, that I had a good 4-6 month wait, assuming it even got built in March when it was scheduled to. It was indeed built on time (March 12th) and was promptly shipped out and was at the dealership on March 26th. I bought it April 1st and it is by far the best car that I have ever owned. I am going to be buried in this thing.

I apologize for the long post, and I understand if you didn't read the whole thing. The last thing I will say is that the Caddies are all getting along just fine, even though they know who the favorite is.

Attachments

• PXL_20240517_151311190.jpg
    PXL_20240517_151311190.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 34
I'm Kevin and I'm originally from Texas and a few years back moved to Baltimore, MD for a job in sports. Early 30's and married, but with no kids and a dual income that gives us some money to splurge with after maxing out the retirement accounts.

Initially gave up my '17 WRX to downsize to one SUV while we lived in an apartment from which I could walk to work while we got acclimated to the city. I've been patiently biding my time for the right moment to buy a "weekend car" that I hope lasts me a very long time (8-10 years) with preventative upkeep and relatively small yearly mileage. We grabbed a house a year back and now that we've settled a bit, it feels like that's arrived.

Currently have an order for the manual CT4-V Blackwing and it's looking like a mid-winter arrival. The CT5-V BW is a beautiful car and I've no doubt the V8 is as good as everyone says, but it's too much car for where I'm currently at.

Lotta Texans rolling around here spending our money on the pursuit of a daily thrill, what's that say about us?

Last edited:
I'm Kevin and I'm originally from Texas and a few years back moved to Baltimore, MD for a job in sports. Early 30's and married, but with no kids and a dual income that gives us some money to splurge with after maxing out the retirement accounts.

Initially gave up my '17 WRX to downsize to one SUV while we lived in an apartment from which I could walk to work while we got acclimated to the city. I've been patiently biding my time for the right moment to buy a "weekend car" that I hope lasts me a very long time (8-10 years) with preventative upkeep an relatively small yearly mileage. We grabbed a house a year back and now that we've settled a bit, it feels like that's arrived.

Currently have an order for the manual CT4-V Blackwing and it's looking like a mid-winter arrival. The CT5-V BW is a beautiful car and I've no doubt the V8 is as good as everyone says, but it's too much car for where I'm currently at.

Lotta Texans rolling around here spending our money on the pursuit of a daily thrill, what's that say about us?
I'm originally from Corellia, but living in Texas now!
Texas GIF

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back