Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Retrofitting carbon ceramic brakes to 5BW?

CT5-V Model
Hmmmm I have replaced my OE front pads with 2500s from Ken@KNS and the 2500s have much better initial bite. I have run 2500s on Evos, Boss 302s, Evoras. The OE pads on my 2024 5BW had a really soft initial bite more consistent with a luxury car than an ultra high performance sports sedan.

Hmmmm I have replaced my OE front pads with 2500s from Ken@KNS and the 2500s have much better initial bite. I have run 2500s on Evos, Boss 302s, Evoras. The OE pads on my 2024 5BW had a really soft initial bite more consistent with a luxury car than an ultra high performance sports sedan.

Damn. I am old and tired. You are 100% correct. The OEM pads on the SS 1LE were the 2500's. This was prior to the 'no copper' change. The Blackwing iron pads are the new 'no copper' compound and not the 2500's. Glad to hear you like them. I used to bounce back and forth between the 2500's and DSUNOs.

My bad.

Damn. I am old and tired. You are 100% correct. The OEM pads on the SS 1LE were the 2500's. This was prior to the 'no copper' change. The Blackwing iron pads are the new 'no copper' compound and not the 2500's. Glad to hear you like them. I used to bounce back and forth between the 2500's and DSUNOs.

My bad.
I am actually glad you were wrong because after reading your initial post about the 2500s I was worried maybe I was just feeling 'confirmation bias', foolishly thinking the new pads felt different when they really were identical! I definitely recommend the 2500s if people want better initial bite. I still wish for a little more to make them feel more like my GT350R OE brakes but I like the overall chararteristics of the 2500s.

Yup. DTC-60s on track, and a low dust option for street is what i run.
Not a huge fan of Hawk, as they go very fast and their dust is extremely abrasive, but they certainly wont fade. I went with Carbotech myself, but haven't run them yet. I woke up too lazy to go the track this morning, lol.

Just a ceramic pad. I'm sure other brands like stoptech made them too.
Lucky for you, they're on clearance! I just grabbed 2 sets. Hard to argue against at $105 a set.

I did the exact same.

How is the carbotech intial bite compared to hawk DTC60s? I usually put my track pads on and drive the car to the track, going from the hawks to low dust pads is such a wild experience, the brakes feel broken to me for a few weeks after until i recalibrate.

I did the exact same.

How is the carbotech intial bite compared to hawk DTC60s? I usually put my track pads on and drive the car to the track, going from the hawks to low dust pads is such a wild experience, the brakes feel broken to me for a few weeks after until i recalibrate.
Hard to compare. One is on 2500lb BRZ on 245s, the other is on a freaking viper on 305/355s. And they were driven on different days.
You really dont want bit initial bite. You want smooth modulation.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom