Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V On the fence 50/50 between Argent Silver and Radiant Red - convince me 😄

CT5-V Model
silver with either red or blue accent package and matching brakes. great looking color in and out of the sun. It would have been my choice if I didn't get the black diamond
Says the guy with the BEST color offered!! I remain jealous, and wish you would post photos more often. I would love to know how many BDT Blackwings were produced. Cannot be too many.

DSC_2916.png

DSC_2777.jpg

DSC_2764 copy.jpeg

DSC_2702.png

I already have this in the garage, so that has a nice pop of color. I think I would be happy with red or silver, but the silver on the BW doesn't seem to look as boring as it does on your average Mercedes or BMW.

f209095228_1280_overlay.jpg

My challenge with ANY vehicle is that we are sadly in a black/white/silver/gray world.

Out car shopping, I just want anything other than black/white/gray/silver and it's SO hard buying from stock units. We've created this monster of a gray world. We all wanted silver/gray, dealers started ordering silver/gray because that's what we wanted and that's what sells, now that's all we have. Some manufacturers have gone the same way....looking at you Lexus. One dark blue, one red, one black, one white and then four or five silver/gray. To me, it's refreshing to see other bright, different colors, even if I don't like some of them.

Many years ago I bought a gorgeous Porsche Panamera S (when it had a V8) in their bright blue color (not Miami) the name of which escapes me at the moment. It sat in the showroom for a year. My salesman told me (later) that people would come into the store, see the car and say "that thing is absolutely gorgeous, I love it! I want one just like it, in black."

You can't blame the manufacturers, they make whatever sells.

DSC_3816.JPG

Wish we had more pics of these cars in the new colors. Someone shared photos of their new 4V Blackwing in drift the other day and I was surprised how much I liked it.

Many years ago I bought a gorgeous Porsche Panamera S (when it had a V8) in their bright blue color (not Miami) the name of which escapes me at the moment. It sat in the showroom for a year. My salesman told me (later) that people would come into the store, see the car and say "that thing is absolutely gorgeous, I love it! I want one just like it, in black."

You can't blame the manufacturers, they make whatever sells.

View attachment 27711
When I leased my 2013 CTS-V back in 2012 the dealership didn't have a single example across the line of the Opulent Blue that I wanted. I asked why they didn't have any blue cars. They told me that the owner didn't like blue cars. I gave him the old Joe Dirt line "It's not what you like. It's the consumer.", to which I was told that the consumers didn't like it either. I wanted it in blue, so they looked and couldn't find one within 500 miles. Apparently they were right. Ended up special ordering it. Worked out for me.

I have Radiant Red, but also seriously considered Argent Silver. I think the silver looks great on our cars, but the look of Radiant Red on a sunny day is absolutely stunning. Pictures can't really do it justice - it truly is Radiant. The car actually looks like it's glowing, lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20240520_132218820_HDR (1).jpg
    IMG_20240520_132218820_HDR (1).jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20240215_125925219_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240215_125925219_HDR.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20240221_171051975_HDR (1).jpg
    IMG_20240221_171051975_HDR (1).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
I told myself I wouldn't do another red car, but I'm starting to lean that way again, haha.

20221214_135235.jpg

My work truck is rapid red, which is the exact same color that my GT350R was. When it's totally clean it looks amazing and I think it's probably similar to radiant red. I'm thinking my next truck will be silver so it's easier to keep clean, and then maybe my fun car will be red?

I told myself I wouldn't do another red car, but I'm starting to lean that way again, haha.
I said the same thing about silver, but with the exterior carbon bits, the reds are fantastic. Really every Blackwing is better with them, IMO, as they look fantastic and differentiate Blackwing from regular V cars, and of course provide additional downforce. But the reds are so sporty, and real eye catching. To me it just comes down to that, if you care about attracting extra attention or not. Either way, the car is really stunning in radiant red.

I thought about CF2 package, but for over $6k (plus 8% tax) I just can't do it. CF1 for sure.

Thoughts on caliper color with Radiant Red? Is the red close enough match, or would bronze look classy and match the tan interior? 🤔 Dark wheels of course.

I thought about CF2 package, but for over $6k (plus 8% tax) I just can't do it. CF1 for sure.

Thoughts on caliper color with Radiant Red? Is the red close enough match, or would bronze look classy and match the tan interior? 🤔 Dark wheels of course.
You know, I saw a CF1 5 Blackwing about a month ago in white. I think adding the CF2 really completes the look on the bottom of the car, or at the very least if it had the CF door sills. But for sure, the premium to do so is nuts. CF1 at least gives you a lot of distinction from other cars.

Calipers, I really like the base grey color if I am honest. Red is an easy choice. If I were ordering a radiant red car, and wanted colored calipers, I would go with the bronze. It is subtle, but still enough to read, and you already have plenty of red on the body.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom