Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V On the fence 50/50 between Argent Silver and Radiant Red - convince me 😄

CT5-V Model

5VBW Nick

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5-V Blackwing
I have an order accepted for a 2025 5V Blackwing in Argent, but I'm not sure if silver is really what I want. I always thought I would go for radiant red, but the argent silver with graphite wheels and carbon fiber options looks so sharp.

Post any photos of either color and make your case for or against 😋

image002.jpeg
image001.jpeg
image008.jpeg
image006.jpeg

That is nice, Infrared is a little brighter than radiant?

Actually, I was at the dealer last week. They had two 24 CT5V (base). I'd almost say Radiant Red is brighter in the sun. Either way, SO close, they are hard to tell apart. Both are really stunning in the sun. The way the sun hits the body panels, how it changes in the light. I think RR goes more red, while Infrared has some orange undertones? Maybe some gold?

Point:

IMG_20230512_135316558_HDR1.jpg

I had a Nitrous Blue Focus RS. Very pretty color, like the Radiant Red, but I got sick of how “loud” it was. That won’t happen with a color like Silver. If I had the choice and I planned to keep the car long term, I would go silver. I think it looks really good on these Caddy’s.

DSC_3858 reduced.JPG

DSC_3925.JPG
DSC_3930 reduced.JPG

And if you want to go matte / Stealth PPF, it would look like this.

20240719_161110 - resized.jpg
20240719_161121 - resized.jpg
20240719_161203 - resized.jpg

To me silver is the color choice I most see BMWs and Mercedes running. If you want to go 100% "America F yeah!" you gotta go with red. And also IMO, radiant red has so much more color complexity it was a no brainer. Now if only the dealer would get allocation so mine can get built...

This is a 4, but:
Radiant Red @ Spring Mountain
1727660038870.jpeg

1727660099741.jpeg

The Radiant Reds and the Coastal Blues really popped at Spring Mountain. Argent would be more stealth, and RR is the opposite of that.

I don't like silver cars, and as noted it's a real common (yawn) color, but I have to confess that the photos in this thread are really nice. It's got more character than I expected.

If I decide to go through with my '25 order, it will be in Radiant Red. The wife thinks that the car looks better in black (the one I have now) but I've always been a sucker for Burgundy, which to me RR is fairly kinda-close to. So that's my vote.

This is my 2024 CT5-V Blackwing in Argent Silver Metallic.

Attachments

• IMG_2136.jpeg
    IMG_2136.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2132.jpeg
    IMG_2132.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2134.jpeg
    IMG_2134.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2140.jpeg
    IMG_2140.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 44
Silver certainly suits the under-the-radar demeanor of the Blackwing. While I admire colorful cars like the radiant red, electric blue, etc., I could not personally own one. And given how I like to drive the Blackwing, less attention is better ;)

My challenge with ANY vehicle is that we are sadly in a black/white/silver/gray world. Look around you when you drive. Look at any car lot. Don't get me wrong, I've had more black cars than I can count. Some vehicles look great in black....and should be only in black. These BW's look good in almost any color, especially ones that show off the lines. They looked wickedly bad in black (in a good way), almost evil. We're lucky that Cadillac has come out with so many interesting colors for these BWs.

Out car shopping, I just want anything other than black/white/gray/silver and it's SO hard buying from stock units. We've created this monster of a gray world. We all wanted silver/gray, dealers started ordering silver/gray because that's what we wanted and that's what sells, now that's all we have. Some manufacturers have gone the same way....looking at you Lexus. One dark blue, one red, one black, one white and then four or five silver/gray. To me, it's refreshing to see other bright, different colors, even if I don't like some of them.

silver with either red or blue accent package and matching brakes. great looking color in and out of the sun. It would have been my choice if I didn't get the black diamond

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom