Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

OEM Seats Question - Can Base Seats from 5Bw be Swapped to 4Bw?

348SStb

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 CT4-V Blackwing _ 10spd Black Diamond Tricoat
Hello all,

This is my first post here after lurking for some time. What a great community!

I couldn’t find the answers to my questions despite extensive searching. I did find threads on seat swaps but not across CT4 and CT5. Please help with scenario presented below.

I am a proud owner of a new 2024 CT4-V Blackwing in Diamond Black Tricoat and optional high performance seats.

The optional high performance seats are a treat, and Cadillac did a great job with these; but I have several sports cars with sport seats — and for my girlfriend and me, these seats are a bit restrictive/ not ideal for long trips on the highway. I am wanting to swap into the base seats but with a twist.

I am wondering if I would be able to buy the base performance bucket seats from CT5-V Bw from the parts department (or a parted-out car) and install them in my CT4-V Bw. The 5’s base seats are leather, have heating, ventilation, and massage; base seats in the CT4-V Bw are not leather and have neither massage nor ventilation — so it makes sense (to me) to at least try for the base seats from the 5Bw before acquiescing to a full downgrade to base 4Bw seats.

For this to work, I imagine the following form factor scenarios would need to be true:
- base seats from 4Bw and 5Bw are the same size and form factor but with just different materials and features
- same seat rails across CT4 and CT5 seats in general; same wire harness plugs across CT4 and CT4 (or ability to alter the harnesses)
- same seat rails across performance bucket seat and high performance seat; same plug-in harnesses across performance bucket seat and high performance seats or ability to alter the harnesses (apparently these scenarios seem true within 5Bw according to a YouTube video of a 5Bw seat swap from base to high performance)
- same coding for seats across CT4 and CT5 in general (otherwise, maybe a re-code?)

Knowing GM, the CT4 and CT5 might just share the same parts bin across all the form factor scenarios above.

Can folks please comment on this subject and help me solve?

I’ve attached some photos for your enjoyment.

Thanks,
David

Attachments

• IMG_7307.jpeg
    IMG_7307.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7308.jpeg
    IMG_7308.jpeg
    7.2 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7309.jpeg
    IMG_7309.jpeg
    7.5 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7323.jpeg
    IMG_7323.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7325.jpeg
    IMG_7325.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 37
Welcome here! I am sorry I cannot answer your question. As much as I hope for you it is simple bolt work and a harness plug, I doubt it will be. But regardless, allow me to compliment that beautiful car and color!!

I think you will have difficulty with functionality if it fits. There is a post I started on here about upgrading the base 4 seats and another member upgraded to the top tier 4 seats and did not have ventilation or massage functional with the upgraded seats, which makes sense as this is not in the software for the base seats. I called Cadillac parts dept and they will not sell you a complete seat for whatever reason, only parts of a seat, which you would then have to assemble. As you get deeper into you investigation and if you learn the 5s won’t work or want to do a cash and seat swap, I have the base 4 seats and am looking to upgrade (they are plenty comfortable by the way, I’m just like the opposite of you in that I normally like bucket seats, and neither of my cars have them now so I want them in one). Good luck with your research.

I think you will have difficulty with functionality if it fits. There is a post I started on here about upgrading the base 4 seats and another member upgraded to the top tier 4 seats and did not have ventilation or massage functional with the upgraded seats, which makes sense as this is not in the software for the base seats. I called Cadillac parts dept and they will not sell you a complete seat for whatever reason, only parts of a seat, which you would then have to assemble. As you get deeper into you investigation and if you learn the 5s won’t work or want to do a cash and seat swap, I have the base 4 seats and am looking to upgrade (they are plenty comfortable by the way, I’m just like the opposite of you in that I normally like bucket seats, and neither of my cars have them now so I want them in one). Good luck with your research.

Thank you!

I did see a few of your threads.

Here’s what I’m thinking - I have massage and ventilation function right now with my high performance 4Bw seats. When the base 5Bw seats are brought over and installed, the ventilation and massage functionality should carry over because the current car already has these and is coded for those functions. What do you think?

Thanks for that offer to swap — may be helpful if the time comes.

Thank you!

I did see a few of your threads.

Here’s what I’m thinking - I have massage and ventilation function right now with my high performance 4Bw seats. When the base 5Bw seats are brought over and installed, the ventilation and massage functionality should carry over because the current car already has these and is coded for those functions. What do you think?

Thanks for that offer to swap — may be helpful if the time comes.
That’s a good point about the functionality already existing. I honestly don’t know enough to confirm one way or the other. You might be able to just call Cadillac parts dept and ask them and see what they say. My hunch is the seats will be too big to fit. The 4 BW has a somewhat cramped interior.

From owning both at one time, part of me felt like the 4BW seats are narrower than my 5BW seats.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom