Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Muffler delete + Downpipes? Anyone do this?

Cadillac CT4-V model
Yes. A significant difference in the way the car pulls now. As stated in above Posts I was contemplating going to a 5vbw but now I think I’m good with my 4vbw. Last thing I will probably do will be the oversized air box as it seems that gives it another bump. If that bump is a step up like these mods were I’ll be stoked with this car and I still haven’t done anything that would void warranty. Though I would have to clear codes. Not sure about the downpipes though I guess if there was something big I could just take them off and reinstall stock.

There was a request for more vids. Here it is on a backroad (closed course of course). Not getting crazy just a spirited ride. I may need a mic because I don't think this audio does it justice. Nor the PDR audio. The clicks are from the mount my phone was sitting in.

Just an update on this mod after a little road trip. Not a big one just did about a 1000 miles but have a total of about 2400 miles since the mod. I'm extremly happy with this setup. I installed mini cats when the DP's went on and got a code after about 50 miles or so. Reset with the JB4 and have not had another pop up since. Better than I expected as WONT TAP had said these devices typically don't work on these cars. If they pop up though no big deal but I am happy with not having to mess with a code on every start up. Car sounds great and with the TB it feels better at WOT. Can't wait to get the carbon air intake next. If that is as much of a bump up as what I just did this car will be right in the sweet spot for me! I also wanted to comment on the driveability on the highway. In tour mode it's not much of a change especially at highway speeds. Only on normal driving acceleration is there a slight drone from like 2.9k/rpm to like 3.1k/rpm. At highway speeds it is a nice drive without any annoying sounds to bother with the car eating up miles in a comfortable manner. My wife who is not a fan of me driving fast and could care less how the car sounds said when I asked if she noticed a difference on the trip "not at all" she definately noticed the difference in sound when I'm driving fast though. I was a bit apprehensive about doing this but so glad I did. Also a big tip of the cap to Tap Out for all their help in answering questions. Where I live it seems next to impossible to find anyone willing to work on these cars Let alone be able to answer any questions. I was thankful for all their info they included with all the parts for installation that I included with the parts for my mechanic/tuner. Hope this helps someone else that may be considering some or all of these mods. Basically I have the Tapout blue belt with the addition of a muffler delete.

Last edited:
Just an update on this mod after a little road trip. Not a big one just did about a 1000 miles but have a total of about 2400 miles since the mod. I'm extremly happy with this setup. I installed mini cats when the DP's went on and got a code after about 50 miles or so. Reset with the JB4 and have not had another pop up since. Better than I expected as WONT TAP had said these devices typically don't work on these cars. If they pop up though no big deal but I am happy with not having to mess with a code on every start up. Car sounds great and with the TB it feels better at WOT. Can't wait to get the carbon air intake next. If that is as much of a bump up as what I just did this car will be right in the sweet spot for me! I also wanted to comment on the driveability on the highway. In tour mode it's not much of a change especially at highway speeds. Only on normal driving acceleration is there a slight drone from like 2.9k/rpm to like 3.1k/rpm. At highway speeds it is a nice drive without any annoying sounds to bother with the car eating up miles in a comfortable manner. My wife who is not a fan of me driving fast and could care less how the car sounds said when I asked if she noticed a difference on the trip "not at all" she definately noticed the difference in sound when I'm driving fast though. I was a bit apprehensive about doing this but so glad I did. Also a big tip of the cap to Tap Out for all their help in answering questions. Where I live it seems next to impossible to find anyone willing to work on these cars Let alone be able to answer any questions. I was thankful for all their info they included with all the parts for installation that I included with the parts for my mechanic/tuner. Hope this helps someone else that may be considering some or all of these mods. Basically I have the Tapout blue belt with the addition of a muffler delete.
Did you do catless or catted?

I did the catless DP’s from Tapout
That’s what I’m thinking about but don’t want to deal with gas fumes. Do you notice any while driving or stopped with window down?

Negative. The only time I notice it is when the car is started up in the garage (I always back it in to the garage) and obviously if you walk around the rear of the car when it’s running. Nothing while driving and I typically don’t run with the windows down much but I haven’t noticed anything.

Negative. The only time I notice it is when the car is started up in the garage (I always back it in to the garage) and obviously if you walk around the rear of the car when it’s running. Nothing while driving and I typically don’t run with the windows down much but I haven’t noticed anything.
Great to hear Thanks

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back