Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Massive Intake?

CT5-V Model
Really interested in this! Wonder if it will throw codes or need a tune?

Yeah, that's what I thought about too, but it does seem to have a smaller tube in the same kit that they say works with a stock tune. Curious to see what results and experiences people have with it. If the smaller tube is worth 10+ hp it would be worth it to me, but I am not planning to tune the car.

Smaller tube might gain less than 5 hp. Big tube, with a tune, might gain 10-15. Think you would notice either of those differences? Answer is a big, fat, no. Might get more SC noises, which would be the only benefit.

Smaller tube might gain less than 5 hp. Big tube, with a tune, might gain 10-15. Think you would notice either of those differences? Answer is a big, fat, no. Might get more SC noises, which would be the only benefit.
To tune the big tube is going to cost north of $2K once you pay to unlock the ECM, and buy credits and the HP Tuner dongle. And then you still have to pay for tuning and dyno time. Not worth it if all you're doing is a cold air intake. As part of a bigger build like a cam, headers, ported blower, and e85, it may become a little more cost-effective.

I guess everyone missed the dyno video with these big pipes and the dyno sheet in their site.

Thanks for posting that. That is pretty impressive for $500 and 30 minutes of time. May be a worthy mod. I do not want to tune the car or do any major mods but this seems worth it. Waiting to see if some folks pull the trigger and have any CEL’s or other issues.

...and potentially no warranty
That’s my biggest concern honestly. 11 more hp, more sc whine….would love that. Risk of warranty voided not worth it. But how much risk is it really? If you don’t tune and it doesn’t lean it out is it at all detectable? Couldn’t you just swap back to stock before taking it to the dealer?

That’s my biggest concern honestly. 11 more hp, more sc whine….would love that. Risk of warranty voided not worth it. But how much risk is it really? If you don’t tune and it doesn’t lean it out is it at all detectable? Couldn’t you just swap back to stock before taking it to the dealer?
As long as you don't mind taking the supercharger lid and intake off everything you go in for something at the dealer

Placing a modified part on your car doesn't automatically void your warranty per the Moss Magnuson act. Where you run into an issue IS IF you have a problem that can even remotely be related. The dealer/mfg can decline coverage or even doing analysis until you return the car to stock. In this case, any issue related to the drive train would be a problem but a broken door latch would not (says the non attorney.)

I guess everyone missed the dyno video with these big pipes and the dyno sheet in their site.
It kills me that these cold air intake manufacturers always dyno their open-air box intakes with the hood open and then blather about how great the gains are. I bet if you cut a hole in the lid of the stock air box and dyno'd that with the hood open you probably get similar gains.

It's been my experience that a lot of these after-market "cold air intakes" end up being more "hot air intakes" under normal driving conditions.

intakes

11hp gain on a SC car...🤣🤣 All this "test" did was reinforce what Miza said in the early days; they sweat the details on everything including the intake design.

I can assure you heat soak and high AIT are going to cause more than 11hp decrease...$500 can buy a lot of ice, so I'd start there.

I have a Dodge Challenger 5.7 RT Plus. My intake is closed and I see alot of the cars at shows with the cold air intakes. Over the years , on the other forums, they also spoke about the hot engine air getting into the intakes and defeating the purpose. Hence, the HellCats having the intake in the headlights.

I have a Dodge Challenger 5.7 RT Plus. My intake is closed and I see alot of the cars at shows with the cold air intakes. Over the years , on the other forums, they also spoke about the hot engine air getting into the intakes and defeating the purpose. Hence, the HellCats having the intake in the headlights.
They stole that from the Ford Thunderbolt!
1964-ford-thunderbolt-front-side-tcb.jpg

This intake does look cool though. I'd just run the smaller tube with the stock tune to avoid any issues...

Shit, I thought of myself as a bit of a pioneer when I took the headlight out of my Z24 hoping I'd break a 16.0 in about 1996.

Shit, I thought of myself as a bit of a pioneer when I took the headlight out of my Z24 hoping I'd break a 16.0 in about 1996.
LOL, I de-badged the grille of my 1996 Z34 Monte Carlo for a cleaner look (removed the bowtie). It was like a flowtie without a bowtie. :D

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom