Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CTV4 Blackwing Tire Rotation

DonD

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing
I know that there are many posts regarding this issue. Simply putting "Tire rotation" in the search engine got me no where.

I've done all my rotations for the past 60yrs and hate to shovel it off to the dealer. Discount Tire is even more expensive than the dealer. My car has the IMSA Road Atlanta package along with all the spoilers and side skirts. I'm not all confident that I can even get my nice 3.5 ton floor jack past the side skirt and onto the pinch weld. And if so, that pinch weld doesn't look super strong.

Short of buying an expensive lift, any suggestions? Thanks, Don

Can't really rotate tires that are different sizes front/rear and likely directional side to side
I know that but the side skirts make it extremely difficult. What do you want to call side to side???

Get the semi-permanent pucks. I can't recall who the vendor is here that sells them but someone will chime in.

I know that but the side skirts make it extremely difficult. What do you want to call side to side???
You can do side to side, but what do you plan to achieve by doing it? Sorry, I don’t see the gain for the risk of damaging your side rockers.
If the tires were all the same size, of course it makes sense.

Good luck.

What tires do the 4BW come with standard? Pilot Sport 4S tires aren't directional.
My totally stock Road Atlanta IMSA special edition has MIchelin PIlot 4S, 255/35x18 in the front and 275/35/18 in the rear. Though thiis isn't "rotation" of the past, side by side is called rotation in the owner's manual. Don

You can do side to side, but what do you plan to achieve by doing it? Sorry, I don’t see the gain for the risk of damaging your side rockers.

Good luck.
The manual calls for it at 7500 miles. I understand your issue, if you "rotate" side to side the outside of the wheeltire combination remains on the outside after the "rotation". Don

The manual calls for it at 7500 miles. I understand your issue, if you "rotate" side to side the outside of the wheeltire combination remains on the outside after the "rotation". Don
In the manual, yes there is a section stating what you said. However, Under the maintenance section footnotes, it also states the following: (1) Vehicles with different size front and rear tires do not have tire rotation.

So, the manual somewhat contradicts itself. Anyway, this is the 7th car I’ve owned (I still have 2 + my BW) with different size tires and I have never performed the side to side as I didn’t see the benefit. Again, your car, you do what you want, but from my experience, I don’t see a need, but maybe you do.

In the manual, yes there is a section stating what you said. However, Under the maintenance section footnotes, it also states the following: (1) Vehicles with different size front and rear tires do not have tire rotation.

So, the manual somewhat contradicts itself. Anyway, this is the 7th car I’ve owned (I still have 2 + my BW) with different size tires and I have never performed the side to side as I didn’t see the benefit. Again, your car, you do what you want, but from my experience, I don’t see a need, but maybe you do.
Thanks for pointing out the additional reference and I agree with you, side to side doesn't seem to provide any benefits. Thanks much. Don

Good luck.
Those of us who take ours to the track may benefit from side to side rotations. I know for a fact that my right side wears out faster than the left at Thunderhill West. 😉

Probably not a factor for Don...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back