Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5 BW CAI - Finally

An intake that would make a sound like this possible would be worth a few hundred in my opinion even if no power gain.
Is that just an intake or does it also have an aftermarket SC lid? I know both the DSX and MPI lids allow for a substantial increase in SC whine over stock.

God I feel old...

but hey.. Bubb Rubb & Lil Sis approved. Absolute classic.

I remember watching this when it first came out. I laughed so hard at that dude with the WOOO WOOOOOOO and it's still hilarious.

An intake that would make a sound like this possible would be worth a few hundred in my opinion even if no power gain.
Hol up. Wait a minute. Did you put the mic right on the SC? I want this sound coming from my car :_rock

Hol up. Wait a minute. Did you put the mic right on the SC? I want this sound coming from my car :_rock
underhood mike, having it inside its too quiet, and having it on the rear the exhaust is way too loud to capture any quality audio.

underhood mike, having it inside its too quiet, and having it on the rear the exhaust is way too loud to capture any quality audio.
It sounds so beautiful. I wish it sounded half that good inside

We just installed the s&b on our escalade v. I'm glad we did and def. some noise added and it's a quality piece, but nowhere near the night and day as my trx. Probably a good thing for my wife in the long run but I wouldn't have turned down more whistle:)
We are twins. I have a 5BW and a TRX too. I put an AFE on my TRX and it was an improvement on the SC whine. Would be nice for the blackwing to be a little louder.

We are twins. I have a 5BW and a TRX too. I put an AFE on my TRX and it was an improvement on the SC whine. Would be nice for the blackwing to be a little louder.
I'm sure the one that S&B designs is going to sound good.

K&N has one they've been working on, it was also at SEMA last year. However, at this moment I have lost contact with everyone there and it appears maybe testing has halted. I have a hunch K&N could not reliably produce more power (which they always want to show) using their intakes instead of the stock one.

I recall an interview with Mrza and another one of the V-Club TechTalks that the Caddy group was painstaking in their approach to Airbox and exhaust design.

I think, as the aftermarket is discovering, the stock Airbox is really, really good.

The fact that GM prioritized performance and driving enjoyment is why I love this car so much. My only nit-pick would be the investment to reduce "unwanted" noises without connecting the level of ANC to the drive modes or otherwise making it adjustable to driver preference. Sometimes I want all the intake, exhaust, and SC noise. Aftermarket intake and exhausts are nothing more than a pay-to-play for the privilege of more noise.

So apparently the K&N setup is out and available. Part number 63-3121.
The one provided dyno sheet showed an increase of almost 19hp at one point. BUT Max overall HP did look to be less than stock though.

So apparently the K&N setup is out and available. Part number 63-3121.
The one provided dyno sheet showed an increase of almost 19hp at one point. BUT Max overall HP did look to be less than stock though.
Says out of stock. And I do NOT understand the open airbox. Why do I want to suck in underhood, hot air?

Amazon had a few available last week. I watched it go from two left to backordered but you could still order. Now unavailable.

Id assume the box would seal up against the hood or at least that's the goal. Wouldn't be too hard to make an actual cover though.

Well, still no development but look like LMP is developing one and so far its intriguing. Full 5" piping, thinking Cordes is 4.5". Probably wont be a bolt on affair since you'd probably have to adjust the TB and MAF tables for the extra flow?

I went with the K&N it took about 7 business days to get here
Love that way it looks and that extra SC wine :))

Attachments

• IMG_9284.jpeg
    IMG_9284.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_9283.jpeg
    IMG_9283.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 49

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels