Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Check engine light at 900 miles

I have a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. I replaced both batteries last year in April. They were the original factory batteries. The car has a main battery and a start/stop auxiliary battery (size of a motorcycle battery). They put both batteries under the passenger front seat. It takes about a half hour to access and remove them. My car was needing to be jumped after only 2 days of sitting. I had a 3 year full warranty from Auto Zone and replaced the main battery. I 99% of the time turn off the stop/start function. I took the car to the dealer, when the car died again with a new/replaced battery. It ends up (of course) that the aux. battery was not holding a charge and it affects the main battery. Car has had no problems since. Prices are crazy to replace 2 batteries. main battery $250/ aux battery 120 1hr labor $160....total cost $530. getting access to the batteries in these cars has become a project. I can pull and replace a battery in my 1967 Cadillac in less than 5 minutes.
The aux battery of any Jeep is in the category of 10 of the dumbest engineering fails of the century.

My wife just replaced her 4 1/2 YO battery in her RAV4. It was around $210 at Autozone. That was one of the less expensive choices. She could have spent close to $300. Guy said batteries don't last much more than 3 years any more, especially here in AZ.

My wife just replaced her 4 1/2 YO battery in her RAV4. It was around $210 at Autozone. That was one of the less expensive choices. She could have spent close to $300. Guy said batteries don't last much more than 3 years any more, especially here in AZ.
meh you get what you pay for .... the battery in my 2011 r8 was original and still very strong

@dinkman ...yes, somewhat true. My 6 yo battery in my Expedition is good and still kicking. The heat just kills batteries out here, especially with her car sitting outside at work all day.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom